December 22, 200916 yr '92 Duke loss (and the player who shan't be named making 'the shot') Probation from the Sutton era Billy Clyde '84 G'town loss (I was in college in Indiana and man did I get rode hard and put up wet) Wade carrying Marquette to the NCAA tourney win over the Cats (I knew that Wade was good, but WOW!!) '93 Final 4 (Brown getting hurt diving after a ball and Mash fouling out then losing in OT)
December 22, 200916 yr Most of mine has already been mentioned. One that hasn't though is the 2001 Jimmy V game in the Meadowlands against Duke.
December 22, 200916 yr Why are we discussing the bad memories with so many good ones! Yea... boo this thread!
December 22, 200916 yr To be honest the greatness of play precludes me from using the 92 Duke game in this list. Real disappointments: 84 Final 4 shooting something like 11% in the second half. Losing to UAB in the NCAA. Losing to Wooden in his last game.
December 22, 200916 yr How could I have forgotten? This is a good one "Alabama Larry". 1970 UK versus Jacksonville, Regional Final in Columbus, Ohio Vaughn Wedeking takes the charge on Dan Issel at halfcourt to foul him out and help Jacksonville secure the victory. http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/Games/19700314Jacksonville.html It was clearly a block on Wedeking, and everyone knew it with exception of the one ref. Fouled Issel out and cost UK a national title in 1970 IMO. The worst memory for me was the 1966 championship game. UK was not playing at full strength or there would be another banner hanging in Rupp. They had key players gimped up and others like Conley weak from flu symptons. But that's part of the game and Texas Western won. They had a better team that night.
December 22, 200916 yr The discontinued use of the denim uniforms. Love the denims and would love to see them back. But at the same time, those were special uniforms for the most special team in our program's history.
December 22, 200916 yr I notice a lot of UAB comments. Which one? Most, I assume, are meaning the 2004 UAB game. But it was just as painful to lose in the '81 NCAA to UAB. That team had sophomores Sam Bowie and Dirk Minnifield. We had beaten UAB in the UKIT. Then had to play in them in Tuscaloosa (no home court there). IU went on to win the NCAA. The same IU team that KY had defeated in Bloomington earlier in the season. :irked:
December 22, 200916 yr I notice a lot of UAB comments. Which one? Most, I assume, are meaning the 2004 UAB game. But it was just as painful to lose in the '81 NCAA to UAB. That team had sophomores Sam Bowie and Dirk Minnifield. We had beaten UAB in the UKIT. Then had to play in them in Tuscaloosa (no home court there). IU went on to win the NCAA. The same IU team that KY had defeated in Bloomington earlier in the season. :irked: UK lost to UAB in the 1981 NCAA tournament and to Middle Tennessee in the 1982 NCAA tournament. Bad memories.
December 22, 200916 yr Sophomore year in college, 1982. A buddy and I pack up his car and head to Nashville to watch Kentucky play Middle Tennesse in the first round of the NCAA and when we win the next game will be against Louisville. The first installment of the Dream Game. Well we break down on the way there. Have to get an alternator put on his car. Get there at halftime and watch us get beat by Middle Tennessee ! :madman:
December 22, 200916 yr In no particular order: February 12, 2008-Vanderbilt beat UK by 41 points, 93-52. December 10, 2005-Indiana beat UK by 26 points, 79-53. March 21, 2004-UAB game.
December 22, 200916 yr We have a lot of BCG hater but would we have Coach Cal if it was not for all his mistakes? If we had a coach that won 20 games a season for the last two years and made the NCAA Tournament, would Cal be here now. I would not call BCG the worst thing that has happen in Lexington because with his failure we are a better basketball program. I wish BCG the best of luck, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. And would like to say thanks for the last two years.
December 23, 200916 yr My worst UK memories are the 96 Championship and the 98 Championship which was preceded by a come from behind win over my Dukies in the Elite Eight. Awful memories. For the record, the party at the intersection of Euclid Avenue and Woodland Avenue after the 96 Championship was the best party I ever went to.:puke: Never has there been so much love spread in Lexington. Everybody was sharing everything.:puke: Great great night.........:puke: I added the puke smileys as a memory of the night, not because I hated that night. I had a great time partying with exuberant UK fans. And would do it again.:clap:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.