December 10, 200916 yr Correct me if I am wrong, Cousins plays for UK (a team). People look for a way to bash UK (a team), so they will find anything wrong with them, which is Cousins, who is a player for UK (a team). Again, nice try... FairFan, I have gathered from years on BGP that you are the parent of young children. Someday, when Fairfan, Jr. competes, you will care less whether he/she simply excels athletically than that you will want him/her to be the model of sportsmanship (they are not mutually exclusive: just ask Mr. Wall) Yes, you will not waver in your love/acceptance of FairFan, Jr. But you will care more that they exemplify good sportsmanship/maturity than that they perform on the field/court. This has been true of me. I have been extremely proud when Bluto, Jr. has excelled on the field. But I have been disappointed when he displayed poor sportsmanship. That is similar to what is happening now. Yes, I am happy that DeMarcus is doing well for UK. But I care more that he would display the character that ALL OF US would want to see in the athletes that represent us. If you disagree with that, so be it.
December 10, 200916 yr Randolph Morris played with no emotion, Cousins has too much emotion, blah, blah, blah. Everybody isn't Patrick Patterson, get over yourselves. Enjoy the game/season. :thumb::thumb:
December 10, 200916 yr Wall is simply sensational. Cousins had a double double. Patterson showed his outside range. Several others gave some valuable minutes. Cats beat another quality team. This team is getting better. A long way to go, but they are certainly showing a willingness to battle.
December 10, 200916 yr Wall played amazing. Pat played pretty good. Big Cuz played a good half. That was about it.
December 10, 200916 yr I am a huge Duke fan, never been a UK fan, but John Wall is the best player in college basketball and I love watching him play. While I will never be a UK fan, John Wall will have me semi-rooting for UK success this year because he is truly special to watch and I'd love to see him validate his greatness with a national championship. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to sleep and I am going to forget I ever made this post. I really think you're finally coming around. BO BUG BLUE :banana::banana::banana:
December 10, 200916 yr I hope Dickie V said it wrong but at one point he said he liked Pat standing around the 3-point line as opposed to down on the block.
December 10, 200916 yr They sill have a long way to go. I think the key to them being a great team is for either Dodson or Miller to step up and be the outside threat they need. If that happens they will be hard to beat.:notworthy::isurrender::ylsuper:
December 10, 200916 yr This team is certainly fun to watch. I would love to see them end this tough week with another big W at Indiana. You can definitely tell they are young though, seems like they play to their level of competition, but its nice to be winning again. Lastly, I love Calipari's attitude in his postgame interviews IMO.
December 10, 200916 yr Wall played amazing. Pat played pretty good. Big Cuz played a good half. That was about it. A lot of people don't want to point stuff like this out, but Ramon Harris played great defense and did a very good job. Also, except for a couple plays I noticed Orton played very good defense as well.
December 10, 200916 yr A lot of people don't want to point stuff like this out, but Ramon Harris played great defense and did a very good job. Also, except for a couple plays I noticed Orton played very good defense as well. I agree with ya LMB. I feel like they are picking up the defensive intensity and playing better on that side of the ball. I said the same in UNC game. Hopefully it carries over Saturday against a three-point shooting team.
December 10, 200916 yr I hope Dickie V said it wrong but at one point he said he liked Pat standing around the 3-point line as opposed to down on the block. Definite misspeak...
December 10, 200916 yr Any word on what Pat injured last night and if he is fine? I'm sure he is. They wouldn't have thrown him back out there for half of the 2nd half if it was anything serious. I'm sure just a little tweek of the ankle. Wouldn't be surprised if he was limited against Indiana but I don't think it will be lingering.
December 10, 200916 yr Two big wins in a row. Now just avoid the trap game in Bloomington, and do what your supposed to do until Louisville comes to town. Do I even need to say anything about Wall?
December 10, 200916 yr Dyson vanished in the 2nd half. Ramon Harris played great D on him. Ramon is a shutdown guy.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.