Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 64 UConn 61

Featured Replies

Joker and Rich could take a lesson from Cal. With the game on the line give the rock to your playmaker.

  • Replies 195
  • Views 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very impressive win by the Cats.:thumb:

Congrats to UK in the win. I only watched the first half (fell asleep) but was a fun half to watch. I didn't have enough wine in me to listen to Dickie V so the tv was on mute. :lol::lol:

 

Did they go back and forth in the second half?

 

 

 

By the way GT and Deuce...I hope you enjoyed my text? :lol::lol::lol: And I really would like to get me one of those long arm band things! Logo's and all! :D:D:D

Any word on what Pat injured last night and if he is fine?

 

After watching again, I think his own teammate kneed him in the calf area. Hopefully he will be fine.

I'm still wondering why Cal didn't use zone defense, because one of the biggest weaknesses that UConn has is their inability to score the long shot. Duke took advantage of that. UK should have too.

They love for teams to play man defense, which gives them a chance to drive and score on the interior. Vitale mentioned it a couple of times and I agree with him. Until a team proves they can hit the 3, make them beat you from long range. It also gives you better rebound position.

Wall was just interviewed by phone on ESPN's First Take. He's getting a lot of pub for it to be so early in the season. Good for him and UK. The national media is seeing that he is an unbelievable talent.

As nice as it is to see wins, I'm just happy to be entertained with UK basketball again.

 

Amen! :thumb:

 

After watching one-and-dones tear it up across college basketball for a decade, how nice is it to finally have one on our own team?

Congrats to UK in the win. I only watched the first half (fell asleep) but was a fun half to watch. I didn't have enough wine in me to listen to Dickie V so the tv was on mute. :lol::lol:

 

Did they go back and forth in the second half?

 

 

 

By the way GT and Deuce...I hope you enjoyed my text? :lol::lol::lol: And I really would like to get me one of those long arm band things! Logo's and all! :D:D:D

 

Is there enough wine for that?:laugh:

Luckily for you, I think that'll happen a lot.

 

What a luxury to have a guy like that?

 

We know Wall is capable of carrying them for stretches...I hope that doesn't become a routine thing to the detriment of the team.

I am a huge Duke fan, never been a UK fan, but John Wall is the best player in college basketball and I love watching him play. While I will never be a UK fan, John Wall will have me semi-rooting for UK success this year because he is truly special to watch and I'd love to see him validate his greatness with a national championship.

 

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to sleep and I am going to forget I ever made this post.

 

You sound like me when Duke had Jayson Williams. Not a Duke fan by any means, but I loved to watch them when Williams was their PG. He was a great, great college PG that has unfortunately been forgotten because of his bad luck in the NBA.

 

Anybody who is a basketball fan likes to watch great players whether you like the team or not. Simple as that.

FairFan, I have gathered from years on BGP that you are the parent of young children.

 

Someday, when Fairfan, Jr. competes, you will care less whether he/she simply excels athletically than that you will want him/her to be the model of sportsmanship (they are not mutually exclusive: just ask Mr. Wall) Yes, you will not waver in your love/acceptance of FairFan, Jr. But you will care more that they exemplify good sportsmanship/maturity than that they perform on the field/court.

 

This has been true of me. I have been extremely proud when Bluto, Jr. has excelled on the field. But I have been disappointed when he displayed poor sportsmanship.

 

That is similar to what is happening now. Yes, I am happy that DeMarcus is doing well for UK. But I care more that he would display the character that ALL OF US would want to see in the athletes that represent us.

 

If you disagree with that, so be it.

 

DeMarcus is not my son, so I am have no concern with how he acts (as long as it doesn't effect the team). I will agree with you that I would care more if it was little fairfan, and I have started teaching him that at a young age. I cannot comment on how Cousins was raised, and maybe that was not taught to him. So again, as a UK fan, if he wants to pout when things don't go his way or jaws at the opposing crowd, I could care less. Sorry if you don't agree.

Is there enough wine for that?:laugh:

 

True story! :lol::lol::lol:

I hope Dickie V said it wrong but at one point he said he liked Pat standing around the 3-point line as opposed to down on the block.

 

You heard it wrong.

 

Dickie V said that if he was UCONN, he would like it more for Patterson to stay out around the 3 point line than down low on the block.

 

Meaning that Patterson is much more effective down low...

It seems Pat almost got a "Charlie horse" in the calf by the way he was walking. If it was an ankle he would have been able to run and put weight on it, but I think the trainer stretched him out and that was why he was able to play again.

It seems Pat almost got a "Charlie horse" in the calf by the way he was walking. If it was an ankle he would have been able to run and put weight on it, but I think the trainer stretched him out and that was why he was able to play again.

 

When he went down he grabbed his ankle.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.