Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Disdain for Tim Tebow

Featured Replies

What is so hypocritical about him?

 

He shows emtion and apparently that's against the rules.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on man.. This is a national thing, it's not a UK thing.

 

It is a national thing, I just think that's why it is with the UK people I know that don't like him. We've had an ongoing debate about it for the past few days.

He shows emtion and apparently that's against the rules.

 

Naw, I just see it as he's running up the score and rubbing it in, all in the name of Jesus. I may be wrong, but I couldn't see one of the 12 apostles doing the Gator chomp in someones face like he did last year.:idunno: Then he can't take it when he loses (though like I said I will excuse Saturday's game). He's a fierce competitor but he is a really bad sportsman as well IMO.

 

I don't really care if someone is or is not a bad sport. I just hate them acting like he is just an amazing human being that no one else even compares to. Once again this is just my take.

  • Author

Now, with all of that said.....do you think he will be drafted high in the draft, and will he be used as a QB, FB, TE, or ticket seller (Jacksonville)?

 

Later.

When you are at the top, it puts a bulls eye on you. I believe this why some don't like Peyton Manning as well. When someone seems to be too good to be true, I believe it sends out a backlash. Manning had that also while at UT and on into the pro's. I honestly believe Manning's silly comercials have changed his perception to people as much as anything.

Tebow get's a lot of attention, as he should as he is one of the greatest college football players ever. The media has helped make the monster and I will be anxious to see how this plays out over time.

I was driving to work this morning and the topic on The Mike & Mike Show at the moment was the current nominees for the Heismann.....but it quickly turned to the disdain for Tim Tebow.

 

Why do you think so many people dislike him?

 

Later.

 

Same reason people don't like Duke basketball IMO.

  • Author
Same reason people don't like Duke basketball IMO.

That's funny you say that....because Greenberg brought them up as well.

 

Later.

I think he's a great kid. If my wife has an affair, I hope she choose Tim Tebow.

Overkill of overexposure. Too much of a good thing is still too much.

I think he's a great kid. If my wife has an affair, I hope she choose Tim Tebow.
:lol:

Is it fair to Tim if the media write/talks about him too much? I have sons his age and believe me Tim is a human who sins, but his witness is huge in the FCA/religious groups. I see a lot of good thru him, until you know him give him the benefit of what he goes through.

 

Its like when he got injured, I know of folks who were happy, thats sad. Not talking about on here.

Naw, I just see it as he's running up the score and rubbing it in, all in the name of Jesus. I may be wrong, but I couldn't see one of the 12 apostles doing the Gator chomp in someones face like he did last year.:idunno: Then he can't take it when he loses (though like I said I will excuse Saturday's game). He's a fierce competitor but he is a really bad sportsman as well IMO.

 

I don't really care if someone is or is not a bad sport. I just hate them acting like he is just an amazing human being that no one else even compares to. Once again this is just my take.

So showing emotion during a game and sadness when you lose is being hypocritical, a bad sportsman and a poor loser. :lol:

I can't stand him. I respect him as a football player, I just find him a little hypocritical sometimes. I can't stand hearing about his religious views. If a player was a devout Muslim, who strictly followed the 5 pillars of Islam nothing would be mentioned. It really doesn't make a difference to me what a player does in his free time as long as he isn't beaking the law or things like that. Tebow-mania was just sickening IMO.

 

Are you kidding me? That would make news in a heart beat. I think Tim Tebow is an outstanding player and man and is in no way hypocritical . . .where exactly have you found him to be hypocritical? I think people don't like him because he is a good guy. Jealousy, pure jealousy if you ask me.

I think a lot of the reason people hate him is because he's entirely overrated in many people's minds and then the people that do like him, fall in love with him for whatever reason. He's the most love/hate athlete I think I've ever watched. I personally cannot stand him and hope that he doesn't get drafted :D Even though those hopes are not going to happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.