Disdain for Tim Tebow

billwilliams70

I question the character of people who dislike a guy like Tebow.

I don't necessarily dislike Tim Tebow, because I do not know him at all. But I am absolutely sick of hearing his name on TV. Way too many people are in love with this guy, and I'm sure most of them don't know him either.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it doesn't seem like that to most, I just think that he's not the pefect angel that people make him out to be. JMO

:thumb: This is one thing we can agree on. As I said in a previous post, there is one thing that I definitely think he has lied about to people. He portrays himself a certain way, so he couldn't admit to something that he has done IMO. He is a great person no doubt about that, however not as perfect as people try to make him out to be.

Also someone mentioned Tebow never being unprepared for a game, or never trying his hardest. If this is true, then why would Tebow say in that speech that we all have had to hear so much say you will never see a guy player harder the rest of the year, you will never see a guy push his team harder the rest of the year. I mean shouldn't he have been playing as hard as he could in that game anyways? I mean if he did, maybe they wouldn't have lost that game to Ole Miss. People make a big deal about that speech, but they never seem to think about that. He basically admits he didn't play as hard as he could that game. So obviously even the great Tim Tebow didn't give everything he could every game.

Why? Most people who say they don't like him, are not saying they don't like him as a person. Its more that they are tired of hearing about him, tired of hearing people say he might have been one of the best players to ever play the game. Which by the way he isn't, he is at the same level as any other Heisman winner which means he was a great player. However he really has not done much more than other Heisman guys, to be rewarded with saying he might be the best player ever. He very well also could end his career 1 and 2 as a starter in bowl game, which is not that great. Also people may not like how he kind of portrays himself to be better than maybe he really is. I know for me there is one thing I definitely think he lied about, and is not as completely good as he tries to make himself seem be. So its not completely about not liking him as a person, its more about how he portrays himself to the media and how others try to portray him.

What you said was kind of my argument.:thumb:

Can someone please explain to me why people should say he might be the best player to ever play the game?

He's been one of the biggest impact players I've ever seen play the game. He doesn't have the flashiness of Reggie Bush, but Tim Tebow absolutely dominates the game from the get-go.

He played a fairly large role on a national championship team as a true freshman.

He won a national championship as a junior. He has one Heisman under his belt, and I think he should have won last year (but people were hesitant to let him win back-to-back.)

He is at or near the top of every TD list for the SEC, I think.

Great career. I can't think of one better. I am too busy right now to look up the stats, but I can't think of anyone who has posted better numbers. Can you?

I liked Tim Tebow one season the entire time he was at UF. That was his sophomore year, his freshman year I didn't like him because many threw Chris Leak to the side and called for Tebow to start. I thought people were infatuated with him because he made three big plays, but then his sophomore season I saw him make several big plays, and started to like him. Then his junior season I met him after the Florida/Georgia game, there were probably 20 UF fans waiting for the players to come out of the locker rooms and onto the buses. I wasn't going to ask for autographs of anyone-because it's kind of lame to ask someone that is around your age for their signature, but we were able to talk to just about every player-including Percy Harvin, and Brandon Spikes, both who were very nice, and Percy even took picture with me and my friend. Pretty nice for two guys that have character issues, huh? Anyway, Tebow came out last, and instantly everyone flocked to him, there were several young kids that asked for autographs and Tebow didn't even acknowledge them, just kept walking. That left a bad taste in my mouth, and then I started to dislike him just about as much as everyone else that wasn't a UF fan, it just rubbed me the wrong way that he acted like a saint on television, and then was a jerk to his young fans when the cameras weren't there. And as selfish as it is to say, Saturday's performance in the SEC title game sealed it for me: Tim Tebow is one of my least favorite athletes playing today. It wasn't even that he played bad, it was the pick he threw to Arenas when UF could have cut it to 5, it was as if he didn't even try to get rid of the ball, any QB could have lofted that ball over Arenas, but he just threw it right to him. Weird to hear from a Gator fan, I know, but I just don't like the guy.

^You must not like anyone then, because they all do that at times.

As to the second part, sounds like sour grapes to me. :lol: You really think he threw it to Arenas on purpose?

No but it looked like he didn't even try on that, and not every single athlete acts 'holier than thou' like Tebow, and then do that to little kids.

^You must not like anyone then, because they all do that at times. As to the second part, sounds like sour grapes to me. :lol: You really think he threw it to Arenas on purpose?

You'd expect that from LeBron James or Michael Jordan. For the "best human to ever grace the football field", you would think he could at least acknowledge kids. Especially when other players stop and talk and sign or do other things. I know it probably gets old, but most would expect Tebow to at least say hello. JMO.

I for one am a huge Tebow fan. It comes down to nothing but jealousy. If Tebow is your QB you love him, period (exception BigSpikes haha). Not to bring politics into it but its the same with obama, if you like him then you have no problem with the media coverage. I know, not excatly the same but I think my point is easy to understand.

He's been one of the biggest impact players I've ever seen play the game. He doesn't have the flashiness of Reggie Bush, but Tim Tebow absolutely dominates the game from the get-go.

He played a fairly large role on a national championship team as a true freshman.

He won a national championship as a junior. He has one Heisman under his belt, and I think he should have won last year (but people were hesitant to let him win back-to-back.)

He is at or near the top of every TD list for the SEC, I think.

Great career. I can't think of one better. I am too busy right now to look up the stats, but I can't think of anyone who has posted better numbers. Can you?

To say he played a large part in the National Championship his freshman year is just not true. He played a small part in that Championship not a big part at all. I cant think of someone who had a better career right now. That is Matt Leinhart. Do you think he is the best player of all time, if not at least one of them? The guy won a heisman trophy, won a National Title, won another another Title if you count the AP Poll. Then played in another National Title game where they lost in one of the greatest games of all time. Don't say well he had talent around him, because Tim Tebow had great talent around him too. The fact is though Matt Leinhart had more success in his career than Tebow, and also showed to be more clutch than Tebow in his career. Yeah Leinhart hasn't done anything in the NFL, but don't let you forget how he was in college. I mean Tebow probably won't do anything in the NFL either.

Yes Tebow is a great player, but please there is no reason for people to talk about him as being the best player of all time. I mean as I just said Leinhart actually was more successful than Tebow, and no one talks about him being one of the best ever. Leinhart IMO is ahead of him when it comes to best college players to have played. Which if you compare the two and their accomplishments, Tebow would have nothing on Leinhart. I am not even a Leinhart fan, but that is how easy it was to just find someone even recently who was more successful than Tebow as a college player.

He is a good guy, I mean I really don't think that he is an act, I have a son that thinks Tebow is awesome, and you know for once I am pretty cool with him looking up to a college football player. He carries himself as a a christain at all times, plays hard, physical, is respectful to coaches, Openly discourages sex and all that rock star stuff, and he is a winner. I mean what more can you really ask out of a 21 or 22 year old kid?