Disdain for Tim Tebow

billwilliams70

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most that fall into the "dislike" category are actually transferring their feelings from the media and its love affair with him to him. There is simply no reason to not like the young man. Plenty of reasons to dislike how often the media talks about him.

I'd challenge anyone to give one legit reason to dislike him as a person.

Totally agree! :thumb:

I'm in the middle here. Tim Tebow is nowhere near as good as anyone in America thinks he is, but the dude just wins football games. He has "it."

Or maybe he just has a coach who has "it" because that coach just wins football games where ever he goes, and with whatever QB he has.

And as selfish as it is to say, Saturday's performance in the SEC title game sealed it for me: Tim Tebow is one of my least favorite athletes playing today. It wasn't even that he played bad, it was the pick he threw to Arenas when UF could have cut it to 5, it was as if he didn't even try to get rid of the ball, any QB could have lofted that ball over Arenas, but he just threw it right to him. Weird to hear from a Gator fan, I know, but I just don't like the guy.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So it is because he made a bad play?

What!?!?!!?

Why does it automatically have to be "jealousy" if someone doesn't care for Mr. Tebow?

Can't it just be that some people get tired of hearing the same song over and over again?

And that is his fault why? We complain everyday about how athletes aren't this and aren't that, this is one guy I would be proud to let my kids be as their role model. I'm a Tebow fan. Not a big fan of the gators but Tebow gets hated on for no reason.

Does anyone hear a jealous UK student?:D Just kidding FC, it's a good possibilty that's what it is.

You are right I am jealous of them having Urban Meyer. That man is just a flat out great coach. He is just a winner, no matter where he goes he wins. No matter what QB he has he wins. Shoot no matter what QB he has, he ends up making them into one of the best QB's in football. So yes you are right I am jealous, but not jealous that they have Tebow. Jealous that neither one of my two teams have Meyer. However one of my teams in Notre Dame is getting a great coach who also just wins where ever he goes. So I am very happy about that. :D

I take all that back, I am jealous of Tebow. Just jealous that I am not him. I mean that guy is a star football player, and well I am sure he probably gets any girl he wants down there. Which even though he denies it, which I don't believe for one second though. :sssh::lol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4732583

From ESPN:

While Tebow didn't win any awards on this Thursday night, the Florida star brought a little extra company.

Tebow brought 20-year-old Kelly Faughnan from Clifton, Va., as his "date." Just before Thanksgiving last year, Kelly was diagnosed with a brain tumor, her father, Jim said. She had surgery last December.

Her wish was to go to Disney World during the awards show to get a glimpse of Tebow. The two met Wednesday night, and Tebow said it was then he decided to bring her along to the show.

"I was really touched," Tebow said.

Like him or not he is a class act and a good hearted person.

He's one of the best to ever play college football. He's one of the best figures as far as a role model that college football has ever had. Take those two factors and you have massive exposure in the media. I can understand why some people get tired of hearing about him because he is on the news all the time. I also think some people love to take shots at anybody that stands up and talks publically about being a Christian. It's a sad time but people are almost beat down for being solid within their faith and trying to spread the word. My thing with that is that if you don't want to hear it then turn the channel.

I will miss him not being around next year in college. He's great for the game and the young kids that look up to him. I hope my son turns out as well rounded as he appears. That is the ultimate compliment IMO.

He's one of the best to ever play college football. He's one of the best figures as far as a role model that college football has ever had. Take those two factors and you have massive exposure in the media. I can understand why some people get tired of hearing about him because he is on the news all the time. I also think some people love to take shots at anybody that stands up and talks publically about being a Christian. It's a sad time but people are almost beat down for being solid within their faith and trying to spread the word. My thing with that is that if you don't want to hear it then turn the channel.

I will miss him not being around next year in college. He's great for the game and the young kids that look up to him. I hope my son turns out as well rounded as he appears. That is the ultimate compliment IMO.

I think that's a big part of it as well. Maybe not on this board, but in the public opinion in general.

Later.