Disdain for Tim Tebow

billwilliams70

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's one of the best to ever play college football. He's one of the best figures as far as a role model that college football has ever had. Take those two factors and you have massive exposure in the media. I can understand why some people get tired of hearing about him because he is on the news all the time. I also think some people love to take shots at anybody that stands up and talks publically about being a Christian. It's a sad time but people are almost beat down for being solid within their faith and trying to spread the word. My thing with that is that if you don't want to hear it then turn the channel.

I will miss him not being around next year in college. He's great for the game and the young kids that look up to him. I hope my son turns out as well rounded as he appears. That is the ultimate compliment IMO.

Do you care to explain why he one of the best to ever play? What has he done to make him so much more better than any of the other college players that have played the game? I used this as example the other day, Matt Leinhart actually had a better college resume than Tebow does. Yet know one ever tries to say he was one of the best ever. So what exactly has Tebow done that makes him one of the best ever, over all these other great players? You could find other players with just as good resumes, if not better and I already gave you one of them.

Do you care to explain why he one of the best to ever play? What has he done to make him so much more better than any of the other college players that have played the game? I used this as example the other day, Matt Leinhart actually had a better college resume than Tebow does. Yet know one ever tries to say he was one of the best ever. So what exactly has Tebow done that makes him one of the best ever, over all these other great players? You could find other players with just as good resumes, if not better and I already gave you one of them.

What makes Leinart's resume better?

Has there ever been a more imposing figure physically that played QB? Care too look up the SEC TD records for me I don't have time right now. National Champ...Heisman winner... I could go on. You bring up Leinart and that's fine I like him. Did people fear him the most when they played USC? How about in that Rose Bowl was he the more feared QB or V. Young?

What makes Leinart's resume better?

Has there ever been a more imposing figure physically that played QB? Care too look up the SEC TD records for me I don't have time right now. National Champ...Heisman winner... I could go on. You bring up Leinart and that's fine I like him. Did people fear him the most when they played USC? How about in that Rose Bowl was he the more feared QB or V. Young?

Well lets see both won Heismans. Both won a National Title as a starter. Leinhart won two "as a starter" if you count the AP poll giving them the title that one year. Also Leinhart led his team to another National Championship game. Three years as a starter one National Championship (possibly two) and another National Championship appearance.

Both players had great talent around them. Tebow had people like Harvin, Murphy, etc. Leinhart had great people to like Bush, White, etc. Both teams had great defenses except for Leinharts senior season, that defense wasn't as good. Yet they still got to the title game because of their offense. USC since Leinhart has left has not been as great as they were under him. Espeically last year, I think teams feared someone like Percy Harvin just as much as they did Tebow. So that argument goes out of the window. Tebow was a better runner obviously than Leinhart. However when it comes to passing Leinhart was better in college. Basically their resumes are very similar, except Leinhart had more team success than Tebow. So if Leinhart is not considered one of the best of all time, then I ask once again why should Tebow? It seems more like people just want to believe him as being one of the best ever, because of his personality. However when it comes down to it, he really hasn't done much more than other Heisman winners, and as I said Leinhart actually probably has a little better resume.

I would say Leinart's national title split and Tebow being a role player cancel each other out as far as that goes.

Hard to ignore how Tebow was screwed out of the Heisman last year. He had more first place votes than Bradford and McCoy combined, but all of the voters in the Big 12 left him off their ballot completely.

As good as Percy Harvin was, he was not a Reggie Bush.

If you look at the numbers, they are wayyyyy in TT's favor and against tougher competition.