Disdain for Tim Tebow

billwilliams70

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand him. I respect him as a football player, I just find him a little hypocritical sometimes. I can't stand hearing about his religious views. If a player was a devout Muslim, who strictly followed the 5 pillars of Islam nothing would be mentioned. It really doesn't make a difference to me what a player does in his free time as long as he isn't beaking the law or things like that. Tebow-mania was just sickening IMO.

I can't stand him. I respect him as a football player, I just find him a little hypocritical sometimes. I can't stand hearing about his religious views. If a player was a devout Muslim, who strictly followed the 5 pillars of Islam nothing would be mentioned. It really doesn't make a difference to me what a player does in his free time as long as he isn't beaking the law or things like that. Tebow-mania was just sickening IMO.

What is so hypocritical about him?

I really like the kid, but I get tired of the media's absolute love affair with him. I think that is where a lot of the resentment comes from for a lot of people.

:thumb: You nailed it. The media's 'man crush' on Tebow is what has caused the backlash. It is really not anything he has done to anyone. Plays hard, is a natural leader, wins, good person, never gets in trouble, does mission work, etc. With all that, ... if anyone gets that much press, whether they asked for it or not, there is almost always a backlash.

Personally, I like the guy. Seems like a wonderful human being. Just wish he didn't play for the Gators!

I think he is the best human being and the best to ever play College Football.. But I am tired of hearing about him, Us americans are competitive folks we don't wanna hear how awesome someone else is all the time its human nature.

That is what I'm talking about. How do we know that?

What is so hypocritical about him?

I just think that on the field he doesn't exactly replicate what a Christian would do. The Gator chomp in OU's face last season, pretty much every time he can he's doing that. He actually wants to run the score up on people. He cries when he loses, which doesn't seem like a big deal but it's every time. I could understand the Bama game, but not the rest of his losses.

I know it doesn't seem like that to most, I just think that he's not the pefect angel that people make him out to be. JMO