Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Disdain for Tim Tebow

Featured Replies

I was driving to work this morning and the topic on The Mike & Mike Show at the moment was the current nominees for the Heismann.....but it quickly turned to the disdain for Tim Tebow.

 

Why do you think so many people dislike him?

 

Later.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When so many people love someone, there will be just as many hate on him. That's just the way it works.

Jealousy I know a lot of UK fans that hate him and I find it to be mostly pure jealousy.

Jealousy I know a lot of UK fans that hate him and I find it to be mostly pure jealousy.

 

Come on man.. This is a national thing, it's not a UK thing.

I really like the kid, but I get tired of the media's absolute love affair with him. I think that is where a lot of the resentment comes from for a lot of people.

I question the character of people who dislike a guy like Tebow.

Come on man.. This is a national thing, it's not a UK thing.

 

Yep. :thumb:

I question the character of people who dislike a guy like Tebow.

 

:lol: Really?

 

The national media talks about him non-stop, it's natural for people to get annoyed about it.

I think he is the best human being and the best to ever play College Football.. But I am tired of hearing about him, Us americans are competitive folks we don't wanna hear how awesome someone else is all the time its human nature.

I can't stand him. I respect him as a football player, I just find him a little hypocritical sometimes. I can't stand hearing about his religious views. If a player was a devout Muslim, who strictly followed the 5 pillars of Islam nothing would be mentioned. It really doesn't make a difference to me what a player does in his free time as long as he isn't beaking the law or things like that. Tebow-mania was just sickening IMO.

I can't stand him. I respect him as a football player, I just find him a little hypocritical sometimes. I can't stand hearing about his religious views. If a player was a devout Muslim, who strictly followed the 5 pillars of Islam nothing would be mentioned. It really doesn't make a difference to me what a player does in his free time as long as he isn't beaking the law or things like that. Tebow-mania was just sickening IMO.

 

What is so hypocritical about him?

I really like the kid, but I get tired of the media's absolute love affair with him. I think that is where a lot of the resentment comes from for a lot of people.

 

:thumb: You nailed it. The media's 'man crush' on Tebow is what has caused the backlash. It is really not anything he has done to anyone. Plays hard, is a natural leader, wins, good person, never gets in trouble, does mission work, etc. With all that, ... if anyone gets that much press, whether they asked for it or not, there is almost always a backlash.

 

Personally, I like the guy. Seems like a wonderful human being. Just wish he didn't play for the Gators!

I think he is the best human being and the best to ever play College Football.. But I am tired of hearing about him, Us americans are competitive folks we don't wanna hear how awesome someone else is all the time its human nature.

 

That is what I'm talking about. How do we know that?

What is so hypocritical about him?

 

I just think that on the field he doesn't exactly replicate what a Christian would do. The Gator chomp in OU's face last season, pretty much every time he can he's doing that. He actually wants to run the score up on people. He cries when he loses, which doesn't seem like a big deal but it's every time. I could understand the Bama game, but not the rest of his losses.

 

I know it doesn't seem like that to most, I just think that he's not the pefect angel that people make him out to be. JMO

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.