2009 Championship Officials

ddky1970

Thoughts and comments on this years officiating crews for the championship games. I saw 4 of the games and thought overall the crews did a good job. What do you think?

Good question. I thought that there wer a awful lot of penalties against Boyle. I don't think that this was typical of Boyle to have that many penalties.

Good question. I thought that there wer a awful lot of penalties against Boyle. I don't think that this was typical of Boyle to have that many penalties.

I bet the officials walked out of the locker room with the intention of throwing a bunch of penalties on Boyle. Darn officials!

Thoughts and comments on this years officiating crews for the championship games. I saw 4 of the games and thought overall the crews did a good job. What do you think?

Please keep in mind that the crews working the finals games only work together as crew 1 time (week 3 of playoffs) before the finals. All of them are very qualified officials and work extremely hard all year long to get there. I think they did a fine job!

Please keep in mind that the crews working the finals games only work together as crew 1 time (week 3 of playoffs) before the finals. All of them are very qualified officials and work extremely hard all year long to get there. I think they did a fine job!

I agree. I am sure they all did a great job.

I thought the refs did a very good job in the 5a final. My only small complaint is the same one I had all year: late whistles. Seems to lead to alot of needless pushing and shoving when the plays are clearly over.

overall I thought they did a great job!

Let's see. The LO/BC game was a nailbiter 2 OT game. And that's where the criticizing of the game officials is focussed. Imagine that. Why isn't there anybody critical of the officials in the lopsided games? Just human nature to blame someone else.

I thought the refs did a very good job in the 5a final. My only small complaint is the same one I had all year: late whistles. Seems to lead to alot of needless pushing and shoving when the plays are clearly over.

overall I thought they did a great job!

The whistle doesn't end the play. The play is over when dead by rule. The old saying, "play til you hear the whistle" is not a good thing to teach players.

The whistle doesn't end the play. The play is over when dead by rule. The old saying, "play til you hear the whistle" is not a good thing to teach players.

Here here.

It is beyond me why coaches still continue to teach and preach that.

Perhaps it does not have anything to do with "them" not being in the Rule Book as much as they should.

Dead By Rule =

1. Forward progress stopped.

2. Ball out of bounds.

3. Ball crosses the goal line.

4. Incomplete forward pass.

Any others ?????

The 6 A final was pretty clean. Pass interference call was pretty obvious and the blocking below the waist on the Trinity defense was a great call. The Trinity defender went at the St X blockers legs. I didn't get a good look at the personal foul penalty against T's defense against BB. I don't personally like the split crews between regions but they've been doing that for a number of years. They work the 3rd round together and then the state finals.