December 2, 200916 yr If UK comes out and of their first 5 shot attempts they are atleast 3/5 from long range they win. If that isn't the case they lose by at least 15.
December 2, 200916 yr I like the fact that Carolina was outscored tonight by 9 in the second half. I think UK is a second half team, and will be facing a deficit at halftime on Saturday. I predict the second half will be all Big Blue.
December 2, 200916 yr I think we'll see exactly what John Wall is made of, and if the analysts and experts are right, he should have a breakout performance. Playing against his hometown school that hardly even recruited him, on the biggest stage he's played on yet...I expect Wall to work Larry Drew and the Heels guards and lead UK to a surprising victory
December 2, 200916 yr If UK comes out and of their first 5 shot attempts they are atleast 3/5 from long range they win. If that isn't the case they lose by at least 15. So, 3/5 and they win and 2/5 they lose by 15? Interesting.
December 2, 200916 yr Both teams are very young and extremely talented. I believe that UNC is ahead of U.K. right now in playing team basketball (offense and defense) and as bad as I hate to say it.............. UNC by 11. (One thing in our favor.....if this pick goes like a lot of my U.K. football game picks then the Cats are in good shape) GO BIG BLUE!!!!
December 2, 200916 yr Weird thing so far this year is that UK is shooting the three point ball really well. If it continues, I expect the Cats to pull through.
December 2, 200916 yr I would say Kentucky by six. Playing at home makes all the difference in this game. I will be pulling for Kentucky.
December 2, 200916 yr I think there is going to one heck of a battle in the paint on Satrurday. Patterson vs. Thompson and Cousins vs. Davis. I think the big game experience UNC has gained this year will pull it out for them. Also I expect Ginyard to guard Wall more than Drew II, does anyone else agree with this? I am not saying Ginyard will shut him down but I think he is the best defender Wall has faced so far this year. I just can not get over how much talent UNC lost last year and they are even ranked, and not just ranked but pretty darn good. Lawson, Ellington, Green, and that one guy who is all time leading scorer in ACC history (I forget his name) Roy Williams is very good.
December 2, 200916 yr I don't see how anyone can pick UK after watching UNC last night! I still pick UK because we have a great frontcourt as well. MSU doesnt have much size in their frontcourt, so UNC beat up on them down low. I think that this will be a barn burner. I think UK wins by 2 UK 86-UNC 84. This game is going to be very fast paced.
December 2, 200916 yr This will probably be UNC's third toughest game of the season. Not a great sign as they will know how to elevate their level of play. If Wall can control the game, which is he is fully capable of doing, then UK has a great shot. I think Wall will be fine, and the game will be determined by what happens in the paint. Thompson and Davis are average 31 points and almost 18 boards per game...add Zeller to that and its 40 points and 21 boards. How will UK's bigs, especially the freshmen Cousins and Orton, fare against UNC's front line. Cousins has been a little prone to foul trouble against far inferior matchups...I'll probably be surprised if he makes it to the second timeout without 2 fouls. Orton better be ready to play Saturday, IMO.
December 2, 200916 yr I don't believe that UK is quite at the level of UNC at this point, especially defensively.............hope I'm wrong... North Carolina 88 Kentucky 78
December 2, 200916 yr I think there is going to one heck of a battle in the paint on Satrurday. Patterson vs. Thompson and Cousins vs. Davis. I think the big game experience UNC has gained this year will pull it out for them. Also I expect Ginyard to guard Wall more than Drew II, does anyone else agree with this? I am not saying Ginyard will shut him down but I think he is the best defender Wall has faced so far this year. I just can not get over how much talent UNC lost last year and they are even ranked, and not just ranked but pretty darn good. Lawson, Ellington, Green, and that one guy who is all time leading scorer in ACC history (I forget his name) Roy Williams is very good. I would actually prefer Ginyard defending Wall. Wall is much faster tha Ginyard, and Ginyard tends to defend wing players much better - a la Eric Bledsoe, Darnell Dodson, Darius Miller. Kentucky will trail at the half, but will win going away.
December 2, 200916 yr I don't see how anyone can pick UK after watching UNC last night! I will bet UNC doesn't shoot as well Sat. They couldn't miss last night. It will be a good game though. UK may win if Tim Higgins is not one of the refs.:lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.