December 5, 200916 yr Its a win-win for me. Im hoping for a Cats victory but if not, the 4 tickets I sold to UNC fans for more than the whole season book cost me, will help cushion the loss. GO CATS!:ylsuper:
December 5, 200916 yr Landslide picking for UK...not surprising, though I wonder how many picked with their hearts rather their heads? In reality, this game certainly could be a toss up....Carolina has won their last two games in Rupp....I wonder if any team has ever beat UK three times in a row there.....anyone?
December 5, 200916 yr I am the biggest UK fan on earth but I recognize that this team has a long way to go and the areas of concern will be exposed on Saturday which is not a bad thing. They are not ready for a team like UNC at this time. I'm with you. This team is still very young, but we have tons, and I mean an abundance of raw talent. They still have a ways to go and a lot to learn, but that will come with time and experience and good coaching. That is the great thing about games like this, and games against UL and FL and TN. We will learn from them and our youthful guys will grow in experience and savvy and I think we could be dangerous come March. Of course, we have the cart before the horse again. Everyone has already written the script for this team and set them so high up on the pedestal that anything less than perfection is going to be a letdown. That is a shame because there is going to be a lot of imperfection along the way. This is going to be a fun team to watch this season if we would just relax and enjoy the ride. Alas, though, being a UK fan is a miserable existence because of never being satisfied. FDR said "We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future". That is where our focus should be, building this team for the future instead of mapping out National Championships and expecting them to live up to it. If we as UK fans could just enjoy the development of this team with reasonable expectations, then it will be a really fun show to watch. I guess reasonable is a subjective term.
December 5, 200916 yr UK will lose by ten, 80-70. It is not a matter of experience, but simply that Calipari is not the coach Roy Williams is. That's a good one. Roy couldn't win a gold fish at the county fair in Kansas.
December 5, 200916 yr Free throws will cost the Cats today. This loss will be good for the young Cats. 83-80.
December 5, 200916 yr Free throws will cost the Cats today. This loss will be good for the young Cats. 83-80. I agree a loss against a good team would be good for them....Not that I want one, of course.
December 5, 200916 yr UK will lose by ten, 80-70. It is not a matter of experience, but simply that Calipari is not the coach Roy Williams is. Would you be saying that if he was at Kansas and still hadn't won a championship ? Some folks from Kansas think they have the better coach now with Self.
December 5, 200916 yr I agree a loss against a good team would be good for them....Not that I want one, of course. Feel better about the Connecticut game then. I thought we would lose one of the two.
December 5, 200916 yr Would you be saying that if he was at Kansas and still hadn't won a championship ? Some folks from Kansas think they have the better coach now with Self. IMO, Roy Williams is a much better coach than Calipari......Kansas or not.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.