Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK/UNC Predictions

Who wins? 124 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

So, 3/5 and they win and 2/5 they lose by 15? Interesting.

 

Yes. Williams isn't dumb enough to try to match up man. If they do not shoot them out of the zone in the first 5-10 minutes then it is going to be a long day for UK. Hopefully someone comes out on fire.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still pick UK because we have a great frontcourt as well. MSU doesnt have much size in their frontcourt, so UNC beat up on them down low. I think that this will be a barn burner. I think UK wins by 2 UK 86-UNC 84. This game is going to be very fast paced.

 

I am the biggest UK fan on earth but I recognize that this team has a long way to go and the areas of concern will be exposed on Saturday which is not a bad thing. They are not ready for a team like UNC at this time.

I don't see how anyone can pick UK after watching UNC last night!

 

Perhaps we understand that each game is different. Just because UNC looked great last night vs. Michigan State doesn't mean they will Saturday in Rupp Arena...different matchups, different day, different venue, etc.

 

And, perhaps we still remember seeing Syracuse lay a beatdown on the Tar Heels about 11 days before...

 

I'm sure if those games had been reversed, the sentiments would be different heading into this one. North Carolina bears some similarity to UK in that they're trying to improve and develop chemistry with a lot of new key pieces. Perhaps they're a little ahead of us because of the continuity with the coaching staff and guys with some experience in the system being sophomores.

 

It should be a tough game. But, you make it sound like we're facing the Tar Heels with our roster from last year.

Two words: JOHN WALL

 

Plus UNC isn't used to playing in front of large crowds.

Two words: JOHN WALL

 

Plus UNC isn't used to playing in front of large crowds.

 

:confused:

Two words: JOHN WALL

 

Plus UNC isn't used to playing in front of large crowds.

 

They were 2nd in the nation in avg attendance last year.... I'm confused.

Two words: JOHN WALL

 

Plus UNC isn't used to playing in front of large crowds.

 

I don't know were you came up with that,but anyway I think the Cats pull it out somehow 85-80.

UNC is so young with losing over 80% of last years scoring. As most young talented teams, they play well at times and horrible at other times.

 

I don't know much about UK this year, but I do know they are young too.

 

Front court - I give the edge to UNC. The Heels have 6 players 6"9" or taller and I think all 6 are burger boys. ( not sure about that last stat)

 

Back court - I give the edge to the UK. I haven't seen this Wall kid yet, but there is a reason he will be one and done...

 

If I was neutral, I would probably pick UK at home even though UNC has played a tougher schedule, but I'm a Heels fan so I will pick them winning a barn burner of a game...

Two words: JOHN WALL

 

Plus UNC isn't used to playing in front of large crowds.

 

Are you serious?

UNC is so young with losing over 80% of last years scoring. As most young talented teams, they play well at times and horrible at other times.

 

I don't know much about UK this year, but I do know they are young too.

 

Front court - I give the edge to UNC. The Heels have 6 players 6"9" or taller and I think all 6 are burger boys. ( not sure about that last stat)

 

Back court - I give the edge to the UK. I haven't seen this Wall kid yet, but there is a reason he will be one and done...

 

If I was neutral, I would probably pick UK at home even though UNC has played a tougher schedule, but I'm a Heels fan so I will pick them winning a barn burner of a game...

 

Are you serious? :confused:

Are you serious? :confused:

 

I am not a UK fan, so I don't watch their games. It is football season and I really don't get into my heels till after the Steelers are done, which is usually close to Feb, so yes I am serious, I haven't seen the kid play. :confused:

I'm taking UNC by 3, 77-74, but I think Wall and Bledsoe will determine how this game will go. If they can limit turnovers and get some easy baskets then UK can pull it out. Cousins would be my third key, based on nothing but his unpredictible nature.

I am not a UK fan, so I don't watch their games. It is football season and I really don't get into my heels till after the Steelers are done, which is usually close to Feb, so yes I am serious, I haven't seen the kid play. :confused:

 

They got done early this year. Time to focus on hoops!

UNC is so young with losing over 80% of last years scoring. As most young talented teams, they play well at times and horrible at other times.

 

I don't know much about UK this year, but I do know they are young too.

 

Front court - I give the edge to UNC. The Heels have 6 players 6"9" or taller and I think all 6 are burger boys. ( not sure about that last stat)

 

Back court - I give the edge to the UK. I haven't seen this Wall kid yet, but there is a reason he will be one and done...

 

If I was neutral, I would probably pick UK at home even though UNC has played a tougher schedule, but I'm a Heels fan so I will pick them winning a barn burner of a game...

 

:thumb:

 

That's about the way I see it. Except I'm a UK fan, so I think they will win the barn burner of a game...

 

Both teams are loaded with young talent that lacks experience. One advantage UNC has, IMO, is that several of their new players aren't freshman. They're sophomores who just didn't play a lot on last year's powerhouse team. So, despite not having a lot of game experience, they know the system because they've had a year to play in it. With Calipari being as new to UK as most of his talent, that's not the case at UK, so I believe that gives the Heels an edge...or it should at least.

 

Like you with UK, I haven't watched UNC enough to say a whole lot about them. I'm familiar with Thompson from the past. As for the rest, I don't know what types of players they are, I just know they're talented.

 

I'm confident that UK will have the edge at PG with Wall. But, after that...:idunno:

UNC is so young with losing over 80% of last years scoring. As most young talented teams, they play well at times and horrible at other times.

 

I don't know much about UK this year, but I do know they are young too.

 

Front court - I give the edge to UNC. The Heels have 6 players 6"9" or taller and I think all 6 are burger boys. ( not sure about that last stat)

 

Back court - I give the edge to the UK. I haven't seen this Wall kid yet, but there is a reason he will be one and done...

 

If I was neutral, I would probably pick UK at home even though UNC has played a tougher schedule, but I'm a Heels fan so I will pick them winning a barn burner of a game...

 

Maybe. But it would be a very slight "edge". UK has Cousins at 6'11, 270, Patterson at 6'9, Orton at 6'10, and Harrelson at 6'10. Plus Stevenson doesn't carry much weight but he is 6'9 and a good shot blocker. I think UK matches up pretty good with UNC's front court. Michigan State couldn't because most of their front court is 6'7 or 6'8. They made UNC look a little better than what they might be in the front court because they couldn't match up. I dont know, though.:idunno: I guess we'll see Saturday.

 

I worry more about UK defending the 3 than I do the front court. That's what has hurt them this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.