Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK/UNC Predictions

Who wins? 124 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 100
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe. But it would be a very slight "edge". UK has Cousins at 6'11, 270, Patterson at 6'9, Orton at 6'10, and Harrelson at 6'10. Plus Stevenson doesn't carry much weight but he is 6'9 and a good shot blocker. I think UK matches up pretty good with UNC's front court. Michigan State couldn't because most of their front court is 6'7 or 6'8. They made UNC look a little better than what they might be in the front court because they couldn't match up. I dont know, though.:idunno: I guess we'll see Saturday.

 

I worry more about UK defending the 3 than I do the front court. That's what has hurt them this year.

 

These two should be capable of matching up with each other, IMO. Neither should be at a huge matchup disadvantage anywhere.

 

It should come down to which team puts it together and executes on Saturday.

 

While I'm anticipating this game, what I'd really love to see is these two meet again this season when both have hit their stride.

Has anybody seen a line on this one?

 

I think I saw one earlier in the week at 5.5.

In all honesty I think North Carolina will come out and win this one. This Carolina team is much, much more experienced than UK when it comes to the big stage. And while John Wall may be the freshman superstar with all of the national spotlight, do not underestimate the guard play of North Carolina. Don't forget that Marcus Ginyard (5th year Senior) has been on 2 national championship teams (2005 and 2009), and is an outstanding defender. I can see him giving Wall problems. I am also very intrigued by the inside match-ups between Patrick Patterson and Demarcus Cousins versus Deon Thompson and Ed Davis. All four are very talented big men, but I would have to give the edge to Carolina. You know what you are going to get from Patterson, but it will be interesting to see how Cousins comes out and plays in his first big game against some real competition.

In all honesty I think North Carolina will come out and win this one. This Carolina team is much, much more experienced than UK when it comes to the big stage. And while John Wall may be the freshman superstar with all of the national spotlight, do not underestimate the guard play of North Carolina. Don't forget that Marcus Ginyard (5th year Senior) has been on 2 national championship teams (2005 and 2009), and is an outstanding defender. I can see him giving Wall problems. I am also very intrigued by the inside match-ups between Patrick Patterson and Demarcus Cousins versus Deon Thompson and Ed Davis. All four are very talented big men, but I would have to give the edge to Carolina. You know what you are going to get from Patterson, but it will be interesting to see how Cousins comes out and plays in his first big game against some real competition.

Just a small correction, Ginyard came in the year after the 05 championship with the Hansbrough class...

They got done early this year. Time to focus on hoops!

 

Thats what the 05 Bengals also thought, but lets keep that topic for the pro sports forum... :thumb:

These two should be capable of matching up with each other, IMO. Neither should be at a huge matchup disadvantage anywhere.

 

It should come down to which team puts it together and executes on Saturday.

 

While I'm anticipating this game, what I'd really love to see is these two meet again this season when both have hit their stride.

 

:thumb: Both these teams will be a lot better come March.

UK will lose by ten, 80-70. It is not a matter of experience, but simply that Calipari is not the coach Roy Williams is.

I was just about to post the same thing. I thought Rupp wasn't much of a home field advantage. What gives?

 

Tell me twenty thousand fans wearing blue Isn't an advantage, players were just rising for the occasion and they won't ever have a game like that again.

If UK wins this game this will prove to all the haters out there that we deserve our #4 ranking. Most people that I have heard say that UK isn't good enough to have that ranking. I back up that we do deserve it with our #1 recruiting class. If we do lose (which I hope we don't) I doubt we would fall many positions in the rankings because of the quality opponent we are playing. Maybe 3 or 4 spots. But hey, you never know. Also if we were to lose, this would show Coach Cal what we need to do to beat good teams at tournament time. But come tournament time UK is going to be REALLY REALLY tough to beat!

I'll take Kentucky by 3, 76-73. The key matchup for me is Kentucky's frontcourt vs. North Carolina's frontcourt. If Cousins can stay out of foul trouble and UK can get a solid rotation between he, Patterson, and Orton, UK will win.

 

I wouldn't count North Carolina out though, in a lot of ways they are very similar to Kentucky.

UK will lose by ten, 80-70. It is not a matter of experience, but simply that Calipari is not the coach Roy Williams is.

 

Excuse me, starting 3 freshmen and a soph and no games aginst a top 25 team is experience? Give me a break! This team is as young as it ever gets.

My daughter is getting to go to the game with a friend. I couldn't get a ticket, but my 14 year old daughter gets to go. I love her, ... but that is ticking me off!!!

I hear Kentucky is favored by three at this point.

 

Isn't that the difference in home court advantage, basically making these teams even?

Just do not think Kentucky's D is where it needs to be right now. I think in March it would be different but not now.

UNC-95

KY- 84

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.