Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu?

Ed or Hair?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Ed or Hair?

I agree Troy is better in run support, but Ed can't tackle? C'mon now.

Troy may be good in pass coverage, but it's not even close to how good Reed is.

Come on OR, you can laud praise on Ed and it's deserved no doubt. But Ed isn't a terrific run stuffer by any stretch. He usually tackles well in open field but he's definitely not known as a significant run support safety. Ed does have a few shortcomings. And your Bengals saw many of them on Sunday. He had several whiffs.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on OR, you can laud praise on Ed and it's deserved no doubt. But Ed isn't a terrific run stuffer by any stretch. He usually tackles well in open field but he's definitely not known as a significant run support safety. Ed does have a few shortcomings. And your Bengals saw many of them on Sunday. He had several whiffs.

By the same token, Troy isn't a terrific pass coverage guy by any stretch either. Polamalu creates more confusion, but on a talent comparison it's not even close.

The fact that you keep using Sundays game over and over and over as your best argument is enough for me. Like I said, we have played against both a lot... I would take Reed by a slim margin. I've also said that if I were a Steelers guy I wouldn't go against Polamalu.

45 INT''s to 20 INT's... what exactly is the argument?

There isn't one. Polamalu is nowhere near the pass coverage guy that Reed is. Pure athletic ability and talent are other areas Reed has a huge advantage. The one aspect of Polamalu's game that he does better than Reed is against the run. He's more physical.

There isn't one. Polamalu is nowhere near the pass coverage guy that Reed is. Pure athletic ability and talent are other areas Reed has a huge advantage. The one aspect of Polamalu's game that he does better than Reed is against the run. He's more physical.

I think Polamalu seems more athletic than Reed. I don't have a problem with either one of them being ranked #1 though. They are both great.