Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall's eligibility in question?

Featured Replies

Let me get this right. Kentucky has 2 players whos transcripts say they are ineligible. You and a top secret coach know this but no one from their high school or NCAA know. UK either doesnt know or is part of the cover up.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

 

That's what it sounds like to me. Apparently only UK and Chewy & Associates have access to these transcripts. I am sure the NCAA has never seen them. How did the NCAA clearinghouse miss those!!

 

I say let's just wait and see what, if anything, actually comes from this.

  • Replies 174
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe UK should handle it internally and he loses zero playing time. Oh wait, what susposedly happened is much, much worse than assaulting a police officer or underage drinking in public. Throw the book at him.

 

:rolleyes:

 

To be correct, resisting arrest (which is the charge) is not against the rules of the NCAA. Having an agent, while in high school is. Apples and Oranges, who is governed by the NCAA other by the state of Indiana.

3-5 game suspension for JW, pay back a few bucks. Playing in the NBA this time next year. These prognostications from an UTTER and COMPLETE outsider.

 

Let's face it. From a historical perspective, the University of Kentucky sets the gold standard in terms of basketball program no-nos. Right or wrong, they're going to be examined inside and out every time there's a whisper of impropriety.

 

That being said, I want them to do well. I particularly want Mason County product Darius Miller to do well. 18 or 20 years ago, I wouldn't have said that, but the program has been pretty clean for the past two decades, and it would be nice for that to continue.

There are more websites than just kentucky that reports about recruting. Maybe you should check out the ones down in Carolina my friend.:thumb:

 

Just for fun Les:

 

http://dukeblueforever.com/2009/04/13/duke-vs-unc-head-to-head-recruiting-battles-john-wall/

 

 

http://www.straitpinkie.com/sports/cats/the-recruitment-of-john-wall-and-uncs-status/

(This one sounds like Williams would be interested if Clifton didn't hate him so much and he Clifton)

 

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=3060204

 

One of the top prospects in North Carolina's Class of 2009. Wall is extremely difficult to guard and his quickness to the hoop provides issues for defenders. His coming out party was at Reebok U. A speed merchant who specializes in separating himself from defenders, he's one of the fastest risers in his class. The perimeter game is the area needing improvement. Lock high-major prospect and a potential national level recruit.

 

As I looked through these I saw the same theme. Speculation that Roy was "flirting" with Wall. But when it became obvious that The Clifton-Roy-Wall thing would not work, Williams went on.

 

Did UNC "back off?" Yes. Was it after they saw they could not get Wall, especially on their terms, I think so. :thumb:

When did they back off Wall? I really don't recall that.

 

When Wall said, "I'm going to play for the University of Kentucky."

Maybe UK should handle it internally and he loses zero playing time. Oh wait, what susposedly happened is much, much worse than assaulting a police officer or underage drinking in public. Throw the book at him.

 

:rolleyes:

 

 

Why are you rolling your eyes? I'm a UK fan, and I asked a simple question.

So what does everyone think will happen here? 5-7 game suspension to start the season? Declared ineligible?
To me it seems very similar to Derrick Caracter a few years back. He sat out three games and paid the money back. I see about the same thing happening here.

 

The main reason this is amplified is it's UK and Calipari. Every coach recruiting Wall thought this may be the case and they were willing to deal with it. Unless someone with serious inside information debunks my theory I honestly don't see this as a big issue.

To me it seems very similar to Derrick Caracter a few years back. He sat out three games and paid the money back. I see about the same thing happening here.

 

The main reason this is amplified is it's UK and Calipari. Every coach recruiting Wall thought this may be the case and they were willing to deal with it. Unless someone with serious inside information debunks my theory I honestly don't see this as a big issue.

 

It's really not that big of an issue. It just happens that it was released in a timely manner (SEC media day) and we have America's Most Wanted as head coach (John Calipari).

 

Notice that the SEC stated Wall and a Mississippi State player are both fighting eligibility. How many national stories have you seen about the Mississippi State player and how many have you seen about Wall?

I think the typical punishment is 10% of a team's games, right? Kentucky has 31 games scheduled (I think) so I would imagine Wall might miss the first three games of the season. That would mean his debut would be against Rider on November 21.

 

Quick question: If Wall does have to sit out three games to start, is he permitted to play in the exhibition games?

I think Coach Tyndall at Morehead State must be behind this.

You knew this or something like it was coming. I am surprised it took the NCAA this long.

I think the typical punishment is 10% of a team's games, right? Kentucky has 31 games scheduled (I think) so I would imagine Wall might miss the first three games of the season. That would mean his debut would be against Rider on November 21.

 

Quick question: If Wall does have to sit out three games to start, is he permitted to play in the exhibition games?

I think he can play in the exhibition games if he is suspended since they aren't "official" contests.
It's really not that big of an issue. It just happens that it was released in a timely manner (SEC media day) and we have America's Most Wanted as head coach (John Calipari).

 

Notice that the SEC stated Wall and a Mississippi State player are both fighting eligibility. How many national stories have you seen about the Mississippi State player and how many have you seen about Wall?

I know one thing. After this I am VERY excited about the John Wall era!

walldance.gif

You knew this or something like it was coming. I am surprised it took the NCAA this long.

 

I was under the impression the NCAA has nothing to do with this?:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I think the typical punishment is 10% of a team's games, right? Kentucky has 31 games scheduled (I think) so I would imagine Wall might miss the first three games of the season. That would mean his debut would be against Rider on November 21.

 

Quick question: If Wall does have to sit out three games to start, is he permitted to play in the exhibition games?

 

Yes he would. There have been many players in the past to face issues like this, I remember the thing used to be playing in summer leagues that accept cash prizes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.