Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall's eligibility in question?

Featured Replies

Let me change it then.....

 

People who normally don't cry when UK loses in the tournament cried when "The Unforgettables" lost that game in 1992. My best friend didn't speak to me for a week, after he hung up on me while we listened to the end of the game on the phone while finalizing our details for the night. Needless to say, I stayed home that night.

 

As a Duke fan, it's not hard to understand, I could have cried when the Jay Williams led Duke team didn't repeat and was beaten by Indiana (in Rupp Arena of all places) after being up by as much as 25 points.

 

If you believe any of those game clinching shots you posted are anywhere as near as important or significant than the Laettner shot......well.....then you are just another UK fan in denial. There will never be a bigger shot in all of college basketball. Period. It's not even debatable. They show it every year in March and made a commercial out of that shot. But since you are a UK fan, I can understand why you wouldn't want to believe that.

 

While, I won't agree with the bolded, I do agree with what you said about the Laettner shot. That game went on to help both programs, and is to this day, by many considered the greatest game of all time. How heavily was Duke favored in this game?

  • Replies 174
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What player with John Wall's talent can you ever remembering any school back out of? I can't recall of any school saying they aren't interested in any kid with Wall's talent.

So you think no loaded team has ever backed off of a high profile player because they didn't necessarily want to deal with his situation? C'mon now...

So you think no loaded team has ever backed off of a high profile player because they didn't necessarily want to deal with his situation? C'mon now...

 

Examples??

Examples??

Where is Lance Stephenson playing now?

 

I'm not claiming it happens a lot but to say it never happens is absurd.

Where is Lance Stephenson playing now?

 

I'm not claiming it happens a lot but to say it never happens is absurd.

 

You are missing my point. I wouldn't classify Lance Stephenson as a "John Wall" type of talent. I don't think Lance could have gone as high as #2 in this year's draft while many many NBA experts/analysts said Wall would have gone as high as #2. Wall has already been picked as the top draft pick in 2010 in some NBA circles.

 

Colleges don't turn away the LeBron's, the Kobe's, the Garnett's and the Wall's. They don't come around that often.

 

 

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2010/

 

 

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2010&playerId=19378

 

 

http://draftjohnwall.blogspot.com/2009/08/john-wall-tops-another-2010-mock-draft.html

 

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2009-08-18/looking-ahead-2010-nba-draft

Where is Lance Stephenson playing now?

 

I'm not claiming it happens a lot but to say it never happens is absurd.

 

I gotcha, but his was an attitude problem, I thought you were talking about backing off a player because of fear of probation. My bad.

You are missing my point. I wouldn't classify Lance Stephenson as a "John Wall" type of talent. I don't think Lance could have gone as high as #2 in this year's draft while many many NBA experts/analysts said Wall would have gone as high as #2. Wall has already been picked as the top draft pick in 2010 in some NBA circles.

 

Colleges don't turn away the LeBron's, the Kobe's, the Garnett's and the Wall's. They don't come around that often.

 

 

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2010/

 

 

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2010&playerId=19378

 

 

http://draftjohnwall.blogspot.com/2009/08/john-wall-tops-another-2010-mock-draft.html

 

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2009-08-18/looking-ahead-2010-nba-draft

And you missed my point but we'll see how that pans out for Wall. Scout has Lance ranked 2 spots behind Wall so my apologies for lumping them in the same general talent group...

I gotcha, but his was an attitude problem, I thought you were talking about backing off a player because of fear of probation. My bad.

I was speaking in general for a kid with any kind of issues around him, I could have been clearer.

And you missed my point but we'll see how that pans out for Wall. Scout has Lance ranked 2 spots behind Wall so my apologies for lumping them in the same general talent group...

 

 

1. LeBron James

 

2. Darko Milicic

 

 

Whether it's 1 spot or 2, it's still behind Wall.

 

Not to mention Stephenson had issues that scared some schools away from him. I don't recall Wall having any issues that scared schools away from him which was the whole point to begin with. Let me reword it for you.....

 

Colleges don't back away from kids with Wall's talent when they have no issues surrounding him. Is that worded better? If schools have backed away from kids like Wall with no major issues surrounding him, by all means, cite examples of kids with no issues who were as good and hyped as Wall. EVERYONE wanted Wall. EVERYONE......

I was speaking in general for a kid with any kind of issues around him, I could have been clearer.

 

I see this one now, I should have been clearer also.:thumb:

Not to mention Stephenson had issues that scared some schools away from him. I don't recall Wall having any issues that scared schools away from him which was the whole point to begin with.

 

This issue has been well know by everyone inside the college hoops scene for a long time now...

This issue has been well know by everyone inside the college hoops scene for a long time now...

 

True, but it obviously wasn't seen as something big enough to scare anyone away from chasing after his services.

True, but it obviously wasn't seen as something big enough to scare anyone away from chasing after his services.

There was a hold up at UNC because of Clifton the whole time...

There was a hold up at UNC because of Clifton the whole time...

 

So if he wanted to go to UNC, they'd have said no because of Clifton?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.