Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall's eligibility in question?

Featured Replies

Why are you rolling your eyes? I'm a UK fan, and I asked a simple question.

 

Sorry LRCW. I meant no disrespect to you. My post was intended for the Kentucky haters that love to pile on Coach Cal. Especially those that are throwing stones when their own house is not in order.

  • Replies 174
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What has DUKE done the past few years??????

 

We had a thread about this earlier this year, but since you asked, we have done more than you this decade and we haven't played in the NIT this decade. We also haven't had 3 coaches this decade. Our sin is not making it past the Sweet Sixteen since 2004. Awful, just awful. We didn't need to hire a coach to rejuvenate the program. I mean seriously, if the need for me to go on and on is needed, feel free to start a new thread and I'll join you. I think anyone with eyes can see that Duke has been better than UK this decade. I don't even see how that's debatable. Your history and tradition is stronger than ours, yes, but if not for Coach Cal and his recruiting class this year, you guys wouldn't be any more relevant in the college basketball landscape this year than you were last year.

 

Peace.

19980322Duke.jpg

 

thought you might like this one.... Or even this one :sssh:

 

james_lee4.jpg

 

Go Cats!

 

These are nice pics, but neither inflict the pain or brings back the bad memories like a glimpse of Laettner shooting the game winning shot in the Spectrum that fateful day in 1992. The same shot that Vitamin Water made a commercial about....... One of the most famous shots in college basketball history........

These are nice pics, but neither inflict the pain or brings back the bad memories like a glimpse of Laettner shooting the game winning shot in the Spectrum that fateful day in 1992. The same shot that Vitamin Water made a commercial about....... One of the most famous shots in college basketball history........

 

Its ok....the recent news that Wall will be cleared adds to the fact the Wildcats have been brought back to the promised land. Parity in college basketball in now over. Welcome back to the late 90's! UK is here to stay! :thumb:

These are nice pics, but neither inflict the pain or brings back the bad memories like a glimpse of Laettner shooting the game winning shot in the Spectrum that fateful day in 1992. The same shot that Vitamin Water made a commercial about....... One of the most famous shots in college basketball history........

It was painful, I agree. But Duke was a huge favorite to win the '92 game. It would have been triple as painful for their fans if that shot hadn't gone in.

 

I think the '98 game was as painful for Duke as the '92 game was for UK fans. They were once again huge favorites to win that game and the national championship.

 

I agree, though, that the Padgett shot no way matches the highlight moment on the national radar as the Laettner shot.

We had a thread about this earlier this year, but since you asked, we have done more than you this decade and we haven't played in the NIT this decade. We also haven't had 3 coaches this decade. Our sin is not making it past the Sweet Sixteen since 2004. Awful, just awful. We didn't need to hire a coach to rejuvenate the program. I mean seriously, if the need for me to go on and on is needed, feel free to start a new thread and I'll join you. I think anyone with eyes can see that Duke has been better than UK this decade. I don't even see how that's debatable. Your history and tradition is stronger than ours, yes, but if not for Coach Cal and his recruiting class this year, you guys wouldn't be any more relevant in the college basketball landscape this year than you were last year.

 

Peace.

We can ALL play an "if". IF the NCAA didn't turn the other cheek to Duke in regards to Corey Maggette then Duke May have went on probation. IF IF IF IF...W can go on. That FACT is we DO have Coach CAL, and we ARE more relevant because we are KENTUCKY.

We had a thread about this earlier this year, but since you asked, we have done more than you this decade and we haven't played in the NIT this decade. We also haven't had 3 coaches this decade. Our sin is not making it past the Sweet Sixteen since 2004. Awful, just awful. We didn't need to hire a coach to rejuvenate the program. I mean seriously, if the need for me to go on and on is needed, feel free to start a new thread and I'll join you. I think anyone with eyes can see that Duke has been better than UK this decade. I don't even see how that's debatable. Your history and tradition is stronger than ours, yes, but if not for Coach Cal and his recruiting class this year, you guys wouldn't be any more relevant in the college basketball landscape this year than you were last year.

 

Peace.

 

Well said.:thumb:

It's really not that big of an issue. It just happens that it was released in a timely manner (SEC media day) and we have America's Most Wanted as head coach (John Calipari).

 

Notice that the SEC stated Wall and a Mississippi State player are both fighting eligibility. How many national stories have you seen about the Mississippi State player and how many have you seen about Wall?

 

I've see tons about Sidney from Mississippi State on ESPN CBS etc... it's just it's being going on for months and it's not a new story. They basically did the same thing, the difference is Wall has a chance to be honest and not suffer the severe consequences Sidney is going to face.

We had a thread about this earlier this year, but since you asked, we have done more than you this decade and we haven't played in the NIT this decade. We also haven't had 3 coaches this decade. Our sin is not making it past the Sweet Sixteen since 2004. Awful, just awful. We didn't need to hire a coach to rejuvenate the program. I mean seriously, if the need for me to go on and on is needed, feel free to start a new thread and I'll join you. I think anyone with eyes can see that Duke has been better than UK this decade. I don't even see how that's debatable. Your history and tradition is stronger than ours, yes, but if not for Coach Cal and his recruiting class this year, you guys wouldn't be any more relevant in the college basketball landscape this year than you were last year.

 

Peace.

 

Using the word "decade" is a little misleading. That's too wide of a window. UK was a solid national contender the first half of this decade. The last 4 years haven't been much though. UNC went through the same type of 4 year problems between 2000 and 2003 but not much is ever said about it. Duke also had a few years in the mid- '90's when they struggled. It happens sometimes with the best of programs.

It was painful, I agree. But Duke was a huge favorite to win the '92 game. It would have been triple as painful for their fans if that shot hadn't gone in.

 

Indeed. Fortunately for us Duke fans, he made it which capped off a perfect shooting game for him. 10-10 from the floor, 10-10 from the free throw line. Perfect ending to arguably the greatest college basketball game ever.

 

 

 

I think the '98 game was as painful for Duke as the '92 game was for UK fans. They were once again huge favorites to win that game and the national championship.

 

It was painful, yes, but we didn't shed as many tears nor did we have the emotional attachment with that 98 team that UK fans had with the most loved UK team of all time....."The Unforgettables". No loss in the history of college basketball will ever hurt any fans of any team the way that loss affected UK fans emotionally. People cried when that team lost. People cried.

 

I agree, though, that the Padgett shot no way matches the highlight moment on the national radar as the Laettner shot.

 

I would think Sean Woods' shot would be closer to matching Laettner's.

Using the word "decade" is a little misleading. That's too wide of a window. UK was a solid national contender the first half of this decade. The last 4 years haven't been much though. UNC went through the same type of 4 year problems between 2000 and 2003 but not much is ever said about it. Duke also had a few years in the mid- '90's when they struggled. It happens sometimes with the best of programs.

 

I didn't say it didn't. A poster said something to the effect of Duke not being good lately and my response is that we have been better than UK this decade.

We can ALL play an "if". IF the NCAA didn't turn the other cheek to Duke in regards to Corey Maggette then Duke May have went on probation. IF IF IF IF...W can go on. That FACT is we DO have Coach CAL, and we ARE more relevant because we are KENTUCKY.

 

 

For the record, I have personally stripped Duke of it's 1999 Final Four run. I stripped it a couple of months ago when we discussed this in a different thread. We had an ineligible player and got away with it. I punished us though. Just like Cal had his 96 Final Four run stripped, I stripped Duke of their 99 run since it was the same set of incidents. Do you feel better now?

 

And I am glad you guys are relevant. I have already said that once. I am not going to turn into a UK fan and I have been trying to rational in my posts. What more do you want from me?:idunno:

 

College basketball is way more fun when UK is a great team. There is no denying that. Good luck this year.

FWIW category,

 

I heard an interview with Cal a month or so back and he said that if the NCAA guidelines in 1996 were the same as they are now that his team would not have been stripped of the Final Four. I wasn't aware of that. Can someone elaborate on what he was talking about? What has changed?

These are nice pics, but neither inflict the pain or brings back the bad memories like a glimpse of Laettner shooting the game winning shot in the Spectrum that fateful day in 1992. The same shot that Vitamin Water made a commercial about....... One of the most famous shots in college basketball history........

 

You guys were NO.1 then. We played your butt off. What a great game. Cawood said it best when the shot went in " and thats why they are the number 1 team in the nation, we'll be right back" Not bad memories, good memories of a team that overacheived and really started us on a run of 3 National Championships Games in a row and 2 Championships

Our history is way better than yours. :popcorn::popcorn:

You guys were NO.1 then. We played your butt off. What a great game. Cawood said it best when the shot went in " and thats why they are the number 1 team in the nation, we'll be right back" Not bad memories, good memories of a team that overacheived and really started us on a run of 3 National Championships Games in a row and 2 Championships

Our history is way better than yours. :popcorn::popcorn:

 

 

 

I know. :notworthy: :deadhorse:

 

I never said ours was better. :eyeonyou: :deadhorse:

 

I still like Duke much much more.:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.