Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall's eligibility in question?

Featured Replies

I know. :notworthy: :deadhorse:

 

I never said ours was better. :eyeonyou: :deadhorse:

 

I still like Duke much much more.:D

 

I still like KENTUCKY much much more!!:popcorn::popcorn:

  • Replies 174
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this issue is truly with the AAU coach, does that not mean that every player that played on that team also has their eligibility in question?

If this issue is truly with the AAU coach, does that not mean that every player that played on that team also has their eligibility in question?

Only if Clifton took every kid on college visits and paid for their expenses. This is not about expenses paid for AAU tournaments...

Only if Clifton took every kid on college visits and paid for their expenses. This is not about expenses paid for AAU tournaments...

 

Thanks, I thought it had to do with contact with a pro agent. I have not read that John Wall signed anything for the Coach to be his agent.

Thanks, I thought it had to do with contact with a pro agent. I have not read that John Wall signed anything for the Coach to be his agent.

He never signed to have him as an agent. It's that fact that he was a certified agent that is a problem...

Indeed. Fortunately for us Duke fans, he made it which capped off a perfect shooting game for him. 10-10 from the floor, 10-10 from the free throw line. Perfect ending to arguably the greatest college basketball game ever.

 

 

 

 

 

It was painful, yes, but we didn't shed as many tears nor did we have the emotional attachment with that 98 team that UK fans had with the most loved UK team of all time....."The Unforgettables". No loss in the history of college basketball will ever hurt any fans of any team the way that loss affected UK fans emotionally. People cried when that team lost. People cried.

 

 

 

I would think Sean Woods' shot would be closer to matching Laettner's.

 

 

People cry when UK used to lose during the tournament in the late 90's. See for us UK fans thats not unnatural. I know it may be hard for you Duke fans to understand. And yes the Sean Woods shot was amazing but the ones I posted were game clinchers. :thumb:

Pot, meet Kettle... :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

:lol::lol::lol:

He never signed to have him as an agent. It's that fact that he was a certified agent that is a problem...

 

You seem to be the one person on this board who actually has credible information about recruiting. So I have a few questions for you, because I do respect your opinion:

 

1) Has there been a comparable incident such as Wall's take place in the last 5 years? If so, how did the NCAA rule on it?

 

2) Based on what you know, do you think Wall/UK should be punished?

 

3) How do you think (not how should) Wall's situation will turn out?

You seem to be the one person on this board who actually has credible information about recruiting. So I have a few questions for you, because I do respect your opinion:

 

1) Has there been a comparable incident such as Wall's take place in the last 5 years? If so, how did the NCAA rule on it?

 

2) Based on what you know, do you think Wall/UK should be punished?

 

3) How do you think (not how should) Wall's situation will turn out?

1. This is the first time I can remember a situation where a certified agent was running an AAU program. That, however, doesn't really seem to be the problem as it sounds like the snag is Clifton accompanying Wall on an unofficial visit and footing the bill. I also don't recall someone acting as a guardian also being a certified agent.

 

2. If there is proof that Clifton did cover said expenses, then Wall will repay that money and likely sit out the first 3 games.

 

3. I think he should be fully cleared because while Clifton was technically certified as an agent, he was never an acting agent that actually represented any clients.

Coaches don't "back off" a player like Wall.They are told "sorry, no chance" and then they move on.

 

That's simply not true. I don't claim to know anything about the Wall situation but you're kidding yourself if you think that doesn't happen.

That's simply not true. I don't claim to know anything about the Wall situation but you're kidding yourself if you think that doesn't happen.

 

What player with John Wall's talent can you ever remembering any school back out of? I can't recall of any school saying they aren't interested in any kid with Wall's talent.

What player with John Wall's talent can you ever remembering any school back out of? I can't recall of any school saying they aren't interested in any kid with Wall's talent.

 

 

I do recall some in the past, A. Iverson for example, but I believe there were always circumstances surrounding them.

People cry when UK used to lose during the tournament in the late 90's. See for us UK fans thats not unnatural. I know it may be hard for you Duke fans to understand. And yes the Sean Woods shot was amazing but the ones I posted were game clinchers. :thumb:

 

Let me change it then.....

 

People who normally don't cry when UK loses in the tournament cried when "The Unforgettables" lost that game in 1992. My best friend didn't speak to me for a week, after he hung up on me while we listened to the end of the game on the phone while finalizing our details for the night. Needless to say, I stayed home that night.

 

As a Duke fan, it's not hard to understand, I could have cried when the Jay Williams led Duke team didn't repeat and was beaten by Indiana (in Rupp Arena of all places) after being up by as much as 25 points.

 

If you believe any of those game clinching shots you posted are anywhere as near as important or significant than the Laettner shot......well.....then you are just another UK fan in denial. There will never be a bigger shot in all of college basketball. Period. It's not even debatable. They show it every year in March and made a commercial out of that shot. But since you are a UK fan, I can understand why you wouldn't want to believe that.

I do recall some in the past, A. Iverson for example, but I believe there were always circumstances surrounding them.

 

I also don't think Iverson had the hype and concern of his school of choosing like John Wall had.

 

The issues Iverson had separate any kind of comparison to the John Wall situation.

Come on jimmyjr. The James Lee dunk, and the Padgett 3 pointer don't come close to the Laettner buzzer beater. And this is coming from a die hard UK fan.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.