Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall's eligibility in question?

Featured Replies

So if he wanted to go to UNC, they'd have said no because of Clifton?

 

Don't claim to know that answer, but I do know they were very concerned about just this hang up with Wall and his eligibility...

  • Replies 174
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't claim to know that answer, but I do know they were very concerned about just this hang up with Wall and his eligibility...

 

I hear you. Me personally, would be very surprised if anyone turned down Wall's services because of Clifton.

 

Especially UNC since UK and Duke were after him so hard.

Don't claim to know that answer, but I do know they were very concerned about just this hang up with Wall and his eligibility...

 

From what I've read, it has more to do with Clifton & Roy Williams.

 

Regardless, I hope the NCAA makes a decision before the start of the season. For them to drag this on (for Stephenson, Sidney, Wall, et. al.) is completely ridiculous.

From what I've read, it has more to do with Clifton & Roy Williams.

 

Regardless, I hope the NCAA makes a decision before the start of the season. For them to drag this on (for Stephenson, Sidney, Wall, et. al.) is completely ridiculous.

 

No doubt.:thumb:

From what I've read, it has more to do with Clifton & Roy Williams.

 

The hang up IS Clifton... :D

I had heard Clifton was not a registered agent in North Carolina.

Does that impact anything?

I had heard Clifton was not a registered agent in North Carolina.

Does that impact anything?

No. He was registered with FIBA so that means nothing...

Thanks for your response to my earlier questions, GT. :thumb:

 

Regarding the Laettner shot, I don't believe it was the biggest shot in the history of college basketball, as some are saying. Keith Smart's was bigger, because it won a national title. Same could be said for Jordan in '82, or the kid who hit the 3 for Kansas when they beat Memphis, or Lorenzo Charles' dunk (I think that's who that was) when NC State beat Houston in '83.

 

Laettner's shot might be the most memorable, but not the biggest. It was an amazing shot by an amazing player that capped off NCAA basketball's most amazing game. But it did not bring a title, as did some of those others.

 

However, it certainly was bigger than Padgett's, Mills', or James Lee's.

Thanks for your response to my earlier questions, GT. :thumb:

 

Regarding the Laettner shot, I don't believe it was the biggest shot in the history of college basketball, as some are saying. Keith Smart's was bigger, because it won a national title. Same could be said for Jordan in '82, or the kid who hit the 3 for Kansas when they beat Memphis, or Lorenzo Charles' dunk (I think that's who that was) when NC State beat Houston in '83.

 

Laettner's shot might be the most memorable, but not the biggest. It was an amazing shot by an amazing player that capped off NCAA basketball's most amazing game. But it did not bring a title, as did some of those others.

 

However, it certainly was bigger than Padgett's, Mills', or James Lee's.

 

If that is the criteria then you have to put in the kid from Loyola whose put back beat Cincy (2 time defending champ) at the buzzer in OT.

 

Or the '57 UNC Tar Heel that sank the FT's vs. Kansas to upset Wilt.

 

Or Rumeal Robinson's FT's vs. Seton Hall in '89.

 

If the definition is winning basket, does it have to be at the buzzer. Jordan shot with about :17 or :13 to go. Hardly the buzzer. And if Brown doesn't throw the ball away, who knows.

 

I don't think the biggest basket has to come from the Title Game. I'd say it comes at the buzzer of a game like '92 Duke vs UK and a perfect performance from Laettner who didn't miss a shot all night. :thumb:

 

Just my take.

Well, I just mentioned some of the shots that came to mind first. So yes, I would include those that you mentioned as being bigger, if they indeed were title winning shots. To me, if I were a player, I would much prefer hitting the shot that delivered a national championship, as opposed to one that delivered a Final Four.

 

I'm not taking anything away from Laettner's performance. And the shot he hit was certainly a nice way to end his perfect shooting night. I just think shots that win titles are far more valuable.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.