55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope that the Tomcats don't have a letdown this week after that huge win over Ironton. I don't think they will, Ashland seems to be dialed in and focused this season. I know nothing about Waverly but I do know that Ohio school for the most part play a better brand of football than on our side of the river. I have to believe this is Ashlands year though and playing at Putnam will make a huge difference.

Tomcats keep their special season rolling...........

Ashland 35

Waverly,OH 16

I hope that the Tomcats don't have a letdown this week after that huge win over Ironton. I don't think they will, Ashland seems to be dialed in and focused this season. I know nothing about Waverly but I do know that Ohio school for the most part play a better brand of football than on our side of the river. I have to believe this is Ashlands year though and playing at Putnam will make a huge difference.

Tomcats keep their special season rolling...........

Ashland 35

Waverly,OH 16

I totaly agree oldrambler, Ashland wins a closer game 21-17.

Can someone tell me what week of the season it was in 1990, that Ashland lost to Greenup County? I know that Greenup beat that title team,, but dont remember what week of the season it was.

I do remember the 1990 Ironton-Ashland game at Tank Stadium. It was a tough hard fought battle. The tomcats must prevent a big letdown, that will surely follow such a big win. Waverly likes to toss the ball around a bit.

Loved the Ashland gameplan last friday night of rolling the QB out and hitting the short passes. it really opens the running game up by doing that early.

Lastly, has the AD stopped counting money since last friday? What a crowd for that big game.

The Waverly Tigers come into Putnam Stadium sporting a 3-1 record. This strain of Tiger may not have to ubiquitous punch as their Ironton counterparts, but they have been known to beat Ironton.

In looking at their 3 wins thus far, those 3 opponents combined for a total record of 2 – 10.