Everything posted by AshlandTomcat
-
Greenup County football facilities
? What is this you speak of?
-
Rose Hill minus defectors
A good portion of the players listed were originally enrolled in the Ashland School System before Rose Hill.
-
Dixie / Ashland predictions
Ashland won last year 35 - 24. I expect to see a similar score this year as well.
-
Ashland 46 Boyd County 0
Pure domination, as expected.
-
Johnson Central 29 Ashland 28
I don't think the district title has been decided yet and I would sure put Ashland in the run for it. As much as I hate to say it, this may have been a good loss for them. I wonder if they were starting to feel a little too confident? I've seen all their games but one this year and in my opinion, they did not come into this game with the same fire and enthuiasm. They seemed flat the first half--defense didn't play well, too many dropped balls (entire game) and too many incompleted passes. If they had played the first half like they did the second, they would have come home with a win. But, you also have to remember, there are a lot of 10th and 11th graders in the starting line-ups. On a different note--did anyone notice there was less music played over the loud speakers the second half???
-
Ashland 52 Waverly, OH 21
It is scary to think of how much talent the Tomcats will have for the next three years! Every player in the secondary is a sophomore, along with the QB, a couple of WR/RB's and several linemen.
-
Ashland vs. Waverly, OH Predictions
That is terrible news. I believe this is the 4th year in a row the Tomcats have had a starter out with a knee injury. In 06, Luke Bonner was out for over half the season, Taylor Walker was out in 07, Dominic deMartino in 08, and now Stringer.
-
Ashland vs. Waverly, OH Predictions
Ashland is 5-0 and coming off a very emotional win over the Ironton Tigers, their first victory over Ironton since 1990. I do not know too much about Waverly, but I do know that the Tomcats better not take them lightly. Ashland 34 Waverly 21
-
Ashland 26 Ironton, OH 12
Sam Hunter with 2 passing TD's.
-
Ashland 26 Ironton, OH 12
WOW
-
QB controversy at Johnson Central?
When did Dillion quit?
-
Ashland vs. Ironton, OH Predictions
Who wins in this one? The only common opponent for the two was Russell. Ashland won 28-7 and Ironton 45-0.
-
Fairview 19 Boyd County 3
Didn't Evans label this as a "must win" game? Ouch
-
Ashland/Russell Predictions
I don't ever remember a 34 - 2 advantage in the polls in favor of any team in this rivalary. That is surprising.
-
Ashland/Russell Predictions
Ashland 40 Russell 14
-
Russell/Ironton, OH Predictions
Ironton 48 Russell 13
-
Ashland/Belfry predictions
How is Belfrys line size wise? I think if they have beat Ashland, then their line will have to dominate Ashlands line.
-
Ashland/Belfry predictions
Ashland 22 Belfry 13
-
Ashland/Raceland Predictions
That is exactly what I was thinking?
-
Ashland's Rashard Carter gone from team
What I heard from a VERY reliable source is that he was not kicked off the team, but he is moving to Greenup County with his foster parents. If so, then that is a huge loss for the Tomcats.
-
Ashland/Raceland Predictions
He is moving to Greenup County with his foster parents. If so, then that is a huge loss for the Tomcats.
-
Ashland/Raceland Predictions
I am about 95% sure he is not playing this year.
-
Ashland 51 Greenup County 7
No, 32 is Conner Swift. Ben Stringer is 55.
-
Best and Worst High School Football Memories
Best - In 2008, Ashland beat Woodford County 54 - 44 in a CRAZY game at Putnam Stadium. Ashland had been beat 48 - 13 the previous season and several key defensive plays and a great game by then freshman Sam Hunter sealed the deal for the Tomcats. Worst - In 2006, when Ashland lost to Johnson Central in the second round of the playoffs. It was a devastating loss which the Tomcats could have won.
-
2009 Raceland
I thought we play you second. You open to Boyd County right?