Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland/Russell Predictions

Who wins? 81 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Russell hosts Ashland this week in what is sure to be another good environment for high school football. Russell is coming off a 45-0 drubbing at the hands of Ironton (OH). Ashland is coming off a 22-20 victory over Belfry at Pond Creek. Russell comes into the game 2-1 while Ashland comes into the game 3-0. Most say that Ashland is the team to beat in Northeastern Kentucky this year while traditionally strong Russell is expected to be a bit down. Ashland beat Russell last year 36-10 in what was one of the widest margins of victory for either side in this series. Does Russell surprise with a win or does Ashland continue on their roll?

  • Replies 87
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this will be closer than most will say, but I am still going with Ashland. They have really impressed me so far this season.

Hard to believe the lack of apparent interest in this one. It wasn't all that long ago that we would already be up to Page 2.

I think this will be closer than most will say, but I am still going with Ashland. They have really impressed me so far this season.

Quit being nice. I normally don't post in Russell threads because of the hard feelings it causes, but Ashland is no doubt much better this year then last year, and Russell is no doubt not as good as they were last year. Nothing against Russell, most of the Russell fans have told me the same thing.

 

Anything can happen, but I can't see this game being very close. I wish both teams well, and I hope it is a great game.

I like the way Ashland has started the season. They roll 35-14

  • Author
Quit being nice. I normally don't post in Russell threads because of the hard feelings it causes, but Ashland is no doubt much better this year then last year, and Russell is no doubt not as good as they were last year. Nothing against Russell, most of the Russell fans have told me the same thing.

 

Anything can happen, but I can't see this game being very close. I wish both teams well, and I hope it is a great game.

 

I like your candor tonight, Ram. :D

 

After predicting Russell would hang close with Ironton, I've taken off my maroon colored glasses and am going to approach my predictions a little more realistically. I honestly had no idea Ironton would look like they did. If anyone ever has a free week when their team isn't playing, I promise it will be worth the price of admission to go watch them play. They are phenomenal.

 

Before the season, I predicted Ashland would be the best in our area and they have done nothing to prove otherwise so far. Russell has been playing pretty well, even considering their loss to Ironton. They have a lot of heart and I see them coming out really ready to play, sort of like Ashland did against them last year. It will really surprise me if this game looks like the Ironton game did.

 

I'm going to wait until later to actually predict who wins, but I look forward to an exciting atmosphere.

I like your candor tonight, Ram. :D

Just being honest, I really don't have a dog in this fight, and I would be happy no matter who wins. I do wish both team good luck and hope it is a great to watch. I think both teams will play hard, but speed kills, no two ways about it.

I normally don't post in Russell threads because of the hard feelings it causes,

 

This is the exact reason I am not going to post much on them from here on out, maybe just a prediction or on final thread to give congrats to whoever wins. No hard feelings against anyone on here at all, jusat my decision.

Having said that I'll pick Ashland bc imo they are a better football team than Russell this season.

 

Tomcats 37

Red Devils 7

Ashland 42

Russell 21

 

Goodluck to both teams, and hopefully they stay injury free. District games are just round the corner.

I think Ashland will have too much fire power in this one. Russell seems to be in rebuild mode a bit. Maybe not as bad as last week, but I say Ashland rolls in this game, 35-7.

Over the years this has become a true rivalry game. Russell and Ashland have just about split their games even – depending on what range of years you choose. The schools are close neighbors and the players and students know each other.

 

These two teams have a history of playing each other close no matter which is up or which is down. Many years the team that is expected to win does not.

 

In a rivalry game; throw records and rankings out the window.

 

I think the big question is: how will Russell respond after their 45-0 loss at Ironton? Will their spirit be broken - or will they be looking for someone to take it out on?

 

I think beating Ashland would be a good balm for the Devils’ injured pride. That's why I think the Devils WANT the win more than usual.

 

The Tomcats better show up ready to play hard, because the Devils will be bringing it. I'm predicting the Devils play their best game so far this year.

I heard an interesting stat a couple of years ago when Russell was loaded and a rebuilding Ashland team went into Henry R Evans and played it down to teh final seconds. If someone knows the actual stat, refresh me, but under Coach McGlone;s tenure at Russell (34 years) The Ashland Russell game has been decided by more than 7 points only twice. Someone please correct me if I am off a little bit here. I don't remember it completely but I knew I was really suprised.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.