Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie / Ashland predictions

Which team will win? 140 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I don't know if Ashland has faced an offense like Dixie runs and I know it's going to be a struggle for Dixie against the high power run offense of Ashland. I see a lot of points on the board on this one.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see Ashland' run offense much better than what Dixie has faced in Northern KY. with teams such as Ryle and Cov Cath.

Should be a good game and Putnam is an excellent place to play a high school football game.

 

 

:thumb:

I don't know much about Dixie. But, I expect them to be good and for this to be a great game.

 

Ashland's offense is flashy at times - in spurts. But the Tomcat defense is solid all the time - the overall team speed is very good. The Tomcats are 9-1, which is their best regular season record since 1990.

 

Tell us something about Dixie.

  • Author
I don't know much about Dixie. But, I expect them to be good and for this to be a great game.

 

Ashland's offense is flashy at times - in spurts. But the Tomcat defense is solid all the time - the overall team speed is very good. The Tomcats are 9-1, which is their best regular season record since 1990.

 

Tell us something about Dixie.

 

Dixie runs a spread offense that puts up a ton of yards, but have had problems with the turnovers. Even Highlands yielded almost 400 yards of offense to Dixie, but could only muster 9 points because of turnovers.

I don't know much about Dixie. But, I expect them to be good and for this to be a great game.

 

Ashland's offense is flashy at times - in spurts. But the Tomcat defense is solid all the time - the overall team speed is very good. The Tomcats are 9-1, which is their best regular season record since 1990.

 

Tell us something about Dixie.

 

IMO the best description of Dixie this year is underachievers. I expected them to perform a little better this year. That being said I think they could be a dangerous team if they get it together for play offs.

I'm pulling for you Tomcats. I hope you win this very tough 1st round game. Dixie has played a brutal schedule. Teams like top ranked Heighlands, three other top ranked teams in the state, Covington Holmes, Ryle and Simon Kenton. There is also A very tough 8-2 Conner and 6-4 Beechwood. This is a very very tough schedule Dixie has played. I hope you win. We will be listening on the radio from RAM stadium. Play hard and have fun. :thumb::popcorn:

Didn't Ashland and Dixie play last year in the 1st round of the playoffs?

Didn't Ashland and Dixie play last year in the 1st round of the playoffs?

 

Sure did. Dixie got up early and the Tomcats had to come from behind (about 20 points) as I recall.

 

We better show up ready to play, or these guys will burry us.

If you check the KHSAA website, Ashland has played 2 4A teams, 1 1A team, two 3A teams, 3 5A teams (Montgomery Cty lost to Lloyd Mem) so doesn't look like Ashland has been very tested. They lost to Johnson Central who played about the same type of competition as Ashland and are 6-4. Dixie has played 4 6A teams.

 

If I was handicaping a horse race, I would pick Dixie by looking at both team's level of competition played this season. :cool:

Sure did. Dixie got up early and the Tomcats had to come from behind (about 20 points) as I recall.

 

We better show up ready to play, or these guys will burry us.

 

Dixie is essentially the same team from last year. They only lost 2 senior starters. Their offense is better this year as they have more experience. However, their defense has struggled. I would expect points to be put on the board again this year.

Ashland is young – due to injuries Ashland is down to just 7-seniors that start (I think). The O-line isn’t as big as last year’s, but it’s faster and athletic. The offensive backfield is essentially the same as last year though. The defense is fast to the ball. Team speed is our best asset.

 

IMO, we played our best game of the season against Ironton, OH. This is a team we haven’t beat since 1990! Our passing game was on for this game and coach showed a nice mix of plays. The game also featured some of the hardest hitting I’ve seen in a long time. If we can rise to this level again, expect a good game - you'll get your money's worth.

Ashland's defense will win this game. Ashland has a very solid defense that has been proven to be equally good against the run as the pass. Very fast defense.

 

As for the strength of schedule, I would give that to Dixie, but people just don't understand the teams that Ashland has won against. This is one area in North-Eastern Kentucky where size doesn't matter. I would say in our area there is less disparity between the classes then anywhere else in the state. But, I don't expect most of the Northern Kentucky people to understand that.

 

Ashland wins:

Ashland 28

Dixie 14

I'l be the first to say that I don't know mich about Dixie but imo the Tomcat defense is as solid as it gets, especially the team speed on defense. I believe the Tomcats wll take care of business in this one.

 

Ashland 21

Dixie 7

 

GO TOMCATS!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.