Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland/Raceland Predictions

Who will win? 103 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

What are your thoughts on this one?

 

The game will be played at Ashalnd.

  • Replies 245
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both have good teams year in and year out. Because it is at Ashland, I picked them in the contest.

Both have good teams year in and year out. Because it is at Ashland, I picked them in the contest.

I agree:thumb:

As always, this is going to be an interesting match up. Ashland has the most talent they have had in a while, and that talent is also experienced. The combination makes for a very good team. Carter and Albert is a very strong running combination. Hunter is now experienced and has DeMartino back that gives him a good target. Ashland has good team speed, not overpowering size, but good team speed. I look for Ashland to come out confident after a big opening week victory. They are going to be hard to beat.

 

Raceland, more inexperienced then Ashland, not as much team speed. The size issue is about a wash. Raceland isn't huge, but matches up size wise with Ashland. Raceland has gained some experience for some new starters after a late comeback win against Boyd County and that was important. I never thought I would say this, but I am glad Raceland was not playing Ashland in the opening week. The first game for Raceland was a very much needed learning experience for them, and will pay off against Ashland.

 

Raceland at Ashland, if you love high school football, a must see game. One of the most exciting, energetic, football atmospheres you will see in the regular season. Don't miss it.

I originally thought this game would be a blowout in favor of Ashland, but after seeing Raceland last night, I think they can play with the Tomcats. Their coaches must have Ashland's number anyway, having beaten them at Putnam Stadium 3 years in a row.

 

I went ahead and picked Ashland in the poll just because Ashland is "supposed" to beat Raceland and it has to happen one of these years, but I won't be utterly shocked if Raceland puts it on them again.

 

After seeing the Raceland "air raid" offense and how good of a QB Farley is, they just might exploit Ashland's weakness, pass defense, in this game. From what I heard, that's how Campbell County lit up the Tomcats in their scrimmage game, by going to the air.

 

If Ashland doesn't get a major league serious pass rush, then Raceland will likely win. Conversely, if Raceland lets Ashland's backs get loose like they did Boyd County's, Ashland will light up the scoreboard, because Raceland won't be able to run down Ashland's skill players like they did Boyd County's.

 

I look for this to be a high scoring game, though. Since I picked Ashland in the poll, I say Ashland wins 42-41.

  • Author

I don't think playing at Putnam is a factor. Raceland has won in Putnam 3-years in a row. It's there "home away from home". Painter posted the scores of the last 3 games in another thread - I've quoted him below.

 

 

... Speaking of triples ... 16-19...20-23...and 16-21. Hard to even type that stuff.

 

 

 

Coach Hart in his post-game interview with Derk said, "Raceland has won 3-years in a row, we've got to fix that".

I don't think playing at Putnam is a factor. Raceland has won in Putnam 3-years in a row. It's there "home away from home". Painter posted the scores of the last 3 games in another thread - I've quoted him below.

Let bygones be bygones. Quit living in the past. It's time for a new beginning. Don't dwell on the past, look to the future. No need to bring up ancient history. This is a new season.:D

Im gonna take Ashland in this one 34-27. Does anyone know when Rister is coming back? Im Anxious to watch him since people are saying he's better than the Farley kid

I feel if Raceland's defense shows up we can win this game. Cody Kelley will be playing in this one as long as he remains injury free this week in practice. I know Barr won't be and I'm not sure about Rister. It hurts not having them on defense more than offense in my opinion. I don't think the Rams will have a problem putting points on the board, it's keeping the tcats from putting theirs up there. And we cannot come out flat like we did in the 1st and 3rd qaurters against BC. However I'm not picking a score for this one. To many factors that could make this one a blowout from either side or a close one that goes into overtime again.

  • Author
Let bygones be bygones. Quit living in the past. It's time for a new beginning. Don't dwell on the past, look to the future. No need to bring up ancient history. This is a new season.:D

 

 

Not when there's a score to settle. :irked:

 

None of the current Tomcats have ever played on a varsity team that beat Raceland. This is our seniors's last chance.

 

 

Don't let the Rams open another Orange Crush in Putnam.

orange-crush.jpg

Let bygones be bygones. Quit living in the past. It's time for a new beginning. Don't dwell on the past, look to the future. No need to bring up ancient history. This is a new season.:D

 

Nice try Ram :lol:. I somehow don't think the Tomcats will be buying into that. :idunno::D

Raceland imo has somehow got to figure out how to stop Ashland's `powerful and fast running game. I realize they are running out of the spread or variation from it now but they imo will bank on those great backs they have. Raceland's inexperience will hurt, Ashland imo is loaded with talent plus experience and that is a dangerous combination for any Tomcat opponet this season. (example....the 08' Rams team).

I know that Barr is still out and I hope that Rister can play in this one. Should Kelly be back that will be a big plusas well, Cody Kelly I believe led that strong Rams defense (with the likes of Denton,Carver, Logan and others) in tackles last year, he is a tough, hard nosed fotball player.

I can and will make only one prediction and promise for this one. Ashland is and should be a huge favorite but I can promise that regardless what happens in this one that the Raceland kids/team will not quit. Also, I can pretty much be assured that the fans known as "Ram Nation" will be out in large numbers supporting this team as always.

 

Rams.......There is no "pep talk" or "mind games" needed for this one, you know what lies before you and no one has to tell you how good Ashland is. A very good Tomcat team coupled with the Tomcats have been talking "Raceland" and "Revenge" for quite some time should tell you all that is needed. This is the first time that I can say that I have ever heard an Ashand coach put so much emphasis on the Raceland game.

 

Stay focused, pick up that Lunch Box and worK hard in practice all week and as my 09' battle cry goes ..............."Finish The Drill".

  • Author

It’s dangerous business to underestimate the Rams. They will not quit – as they proved this week at Boyd Co.

 

The Tomcats better come ready to play – ready to take Putnam Stadium back from the Rams.

I am so happy with the grit and determination shown on the field last night. Down 12 points with six minutes to go, not one guy one the sideline or on the field said or acted as if the game were over. It is amazing to me that a group with as few varsity starts or playing time could come in with that swagger and confidence. It was told to them before the game by Coach Maynard and I don't think he would mind me sharing this with BGP's, that they were not just playing for each other last night, they were playing for all those since 1929 and they were playing for the ones over in JFL to come. They were playing for Raceland. And when they could realize that, they would rise to the occassion and play Ram football. RAM PRIDE.

 

Now in saying that, the Rams have a tall order in front of them. I saw the Tomcats Friday night. They are fast and they are determined. I read what Coach Hart said in the paper. They are thinking about Raceland and were probably early in the 3rd qtr. He said it feels good to 1-0 and now we have to figure a way to beat Raceland. I don't know if we have the speed to match up. Heart, yes. We'll be like Rocky in Rocky 1. When the final horn rings and we are still playing hard............

  • Author

 

... But at the end of the day Raceland is a good ball club and u can bet ill b at Ram Stadium come Friday. ...

 

That's funny ... and unless they've officially renamed Putnam Stadium to Ram Stadium due to the beatings Raceland delivers to them on an annual basis now, I hope you show up at Putnam this Friday!

 

 

I see in the Boyd Co. thread Raceland (and friends) have renamed Putnam Stadium "Ram Stadium" due to all the beatings they've handed out there. It's their home away from home.

 

 

I sure hope the Tomcats come ready to paly Friday.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.