Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland/Belfry predictions

Who wins? 66 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Ashland travels to Death Valley on Friday night to take on the Belfry Pirates. This will be Ashland's biggest test of the year. Belfry is always tough, especially at home. As everyone knows Coach Haywood's teams get better and better each week. What say you? Who comes out on top in this one?

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belfry finally strings things together and wins against a quality opponent.

I'm going to take an Ashland team that might be the team to beat in their district. Few people go into the CAM and come away winners, but I think Ashland gets the job done.

I think this game is a mismatch, Ashland will just be to much for Varney to beat alone. If Befry wants to keep this a game they'll need to find a couple more weapons. The pirate defense shouldn't be a factor for Ashland, I don't think their's is any better than Raceland's and the Tomcat's hung 31 on them. Belfry may prove me wrong, but Leon Hart WILL make the halftime adjustments that Boyd County's coaches didn't make.

I've got to back the Tomcats in this. But, I do not think it will be easy. The Tomcats better come ready to play and leave it all on the field. Belfry is always good.

Well Graybeard, if Belfry plays Ashland like they did Boyd County, then it shouldn't even be close. I'll take your Tomcats by 3 TD's, I think the speed will prove too much for the Pirates on both sides of the ball.

I think this game is a mismatch, Ashland will just be to much for Varney to beat alone. If Befry wants to keep this a game they'll need to find a couple more weapons. The pirate defense shouldn't be a factor for Ashland, I don't think their's is any better than Raceland's and the Tomcat's hung 31 on them. Belfry may prove me wrong, but Leon Hart WILL make the halftime adjustments that Boyd County's coaches didn't make.

 

Huh ?!?... :popcorn:

 

Belfry's defense is better than Raceland's. Take that to the bank...

Huh ?!?... :popcorn:

 

Belfry's defense is better than Raceland's. Take that to the bank...

Not to argue, you may be right, but how are you comparing them?

Belfry may be down to some of their standards but the Pirates are always a tough, fundamentally sound, well coached football team.

Ashland has started slow in recent years burt not this year. The Tomcats are loaded, by far the best in our NEKY area and imo this is their year.

 

Ashland 27

Belfry 7

Not to argue, you may be right, but how are you comparing them?

 

:thumb: I haven't seen Belfry's defense so I cannot say one way or the other:idunno:

This won't be easy for Ashland by any means. I don't think they win it by the margin of their first 2 victories this season, but I do think they win it. From all accounts, this is a down year for Belfry and an up year for Ashland. I say Ashland wins 21-20.

Ashland is the real deal this year...

 

Ashland 38

Belfry 14

I'll say it for Belfry just as I did for Raceland, if you play Ashland like you did Boyd County , you'll lose. I'll also say the same for why Ashland wins, "SPEED, SPEED, SPEED". That was why I said they would get the win over Raceland. If the Tomcats had more size on the line they would probably go 10-0. They have a tough schedule and will meet teams that will use the size advantage to offset the speed, but Belfry has no such size, nor can they match the speed. I am not an Ashland fan , but even I as a Boyd County fan have to recognize what this Tomcat team is capable of.

Well Graybeard, if Belfry plays Ashland like they did Boyd County, then it shouldn't even be close. I'll take your Tomcats by 3 TD's, I think the speed will prove too much for the Pirates on both sides of the ball.

 

 

Heath91, you've seen both teams and have watched your Lions play Raceland (which was a common opponent to Ashalnd and Boyd Co.). So, I know you have a unique perspective. I don't doubt you, but I'll remain uneasy because the Tomcats have not left the friendly confines of Putnam Stadium yet this year.

 

I hope they stay focused all week and show up ready to play.

Ashland's speed will be to much for Belfry. Ashland wins this one by a couple Tds.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.