Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Football Candidates?

Who wins Mr. Football 2009-2010 258 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Mr. Football 2009-2010

    • Channing Fugate
      15%
    • Miles Simpson
      24%
    • Quan Weaver
      3%
    • Eric Shaw
      2%
    • Antonio Andrews
      6%
    • Tim Patterson
      1%
    • Austin Collinsworth
      20%
    • Jacob Russell
      1%
    • Other
      24%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Fugate with 5 rushes for 4 yards last night? is this right? If so this has to hurt his chances. I can't see a Mr. Football held to 4 yards for a game. I think this opens some doors for some others. Boyle's Reese McShara has to atleast be considered now.

 

I think that after Friday night Fugate has hurt his chance of getting Mr. Football. With type of performance it won't get the job done.

  • Replies 177
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MacShara from Boyle County really showed what he is about. Everytime he touches the ball it looks like he is going to break a huge run. This guy put up Playstation numbers against a good Rockcastle County defense. Rees MacShara is definitely on the top half of Mr. Football.

Single Game State Records

 

YARDS RUSHING - Game (Min. 400)

Player (School) Opponent, Year

574 Monquantae Gibson (Moore) vs. Shawnee, 2001

486 Jeremy Britt (Warren East) vs. Owensboro, 1997

472 Thomas Walker (Fulton County) vs. Dresden, TN, 1973

448 Seth Graves (Monroe County) vs. Edmonson County, 9-22-06

444 Craig Lanham (Owensboro Catholic) vs. Glasgow, 2003

437 Jeremy Britt (Danville) vs. Shelby County, 1998

434 Derrick Brandon Ballinger (Owen County) vs. Frankfort, 1998

432 Michael West (Lawrence County) vs. East Carter, 10-29-99

430 Ron Blume (Johnson Central) vs. Boyd County, 2005

426 Nathaniel Gilliam (Harlan County) vs. Middlesboro, 10-17-08

419 Mark Dunn (Harrodsburg) vs. Paris, 2001

417 Joe Casey (Paducah Tilghman) vs. Franklin-Simpson, 2002

414 Michael West (Lawrence County) vs. Belfry, 2000

412 John Frazier (Muhlenberg North) vs. Allen County-Scottsville, 1998

410 Andy Clark (Seneca) vs. Shelby County, 2003

409 Michael Hanley (Apollo) vs. Graves County, 1998

406 Henry Parks (Harrodsburg) vs. Berea, 1976

403 Ketrin Mays (South Floyd) vs. Elkhorn City, 1997

 

I doubt any of ^ did it on 13 carries.:lol:

I doubt any of ^ did it on 13 carries.:lol:

I know that West had 18 carries in the East Carter game cause I was there. I am not positive but I think Gibson was pretty low too; someone help me out on that one.

Andrews from Fort Campbell..... He kicks the ball off, makes the tackle, throws the TDs, Runs the TDs in, and then kicks the extra point, and if for some reason someone plays them close this year, he'll play in the defensive secondary and pick the ball off and run it in for a score. This kid makes me want to come watch him just to see what he'll do next. Last week he threw it from the Fort Campbell 46 down to the other teams 2 on the run and on the wrong foot. Andrews Mr football![/QUOTE]

 

Thanks for supporting Antonio Andrews. It is nice to have somebody not necessarily from FC come out to see Antonio. He is worth the drive for anybody to see. That arm strength you speak of is basically an unknown; he is throwing the ball on a whole different level this year. When he scrambles he can beat you with his feet and like you said he can throw over 50 yards on the run and off the wrong foot. I don't want to give up any free scouting on Antonio, so I won't say how far he can throw when set up in the pocket, but it is amazing.

 

You are right on the DB side also. Any game close and Antonio will be in the game as the shut-down DB on the other teams #1 receiver. Antonio is a D1 talent and those talents could likely be realized as a DB at the next level. If he wasn't playing QB, he would be delivering big-hits full-time on defense.

 

Antonio Andrews for Mr. Football

I know that West had 18 carries in the East Carter game cause I was there. I am not positive but I think Gibson was pretty low too; someone help me out on that one.

 

I think it was more than 13 carries but Henry Parks of Harrodsburg was pretty low in carries I believe and I think he had 6 TD's.

 

MacShara had a a great game though and it will be interesting to see how it shakes out the rest of the year. :thumb:

I think it was more than 13 carries but Henry Parks of Harrodsburg was pretty low in carries I believe and I think he had 6 TD's.

 

MacShara had a a great game though and it will be interesting to see how it shakes out the rest of the year. :thumb:

 

He is capable of doing that at least a few more times this year. Like you said, it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the year shakes out.

Ricky Harper from Bardstown now has 500+ yds., and 7 TD's through two contests . The opponents were 6A North Hardin and 6A Nelson County. At

6' 227lb....4.5 speed....he's a train. Bardstown of course being a 2A school, I understand the underestimation. It's no stretch to mention him in the same breath as Derrick Homer. He would punk Deuce Finch...oh and he's just a junior.:puke: He's ill!

Def, Rees Macshara, Boyle Co!

 

He would have my vote after watching him play this weekend. He is a great running back. I think he is one of the best in the state. Someone said he had 13 rushes for 350 and 5 TD's.

Thought I'd give some insight on whose leading in some statistical areas so everong can keep up on our Mr. Football 2009.

 

-Austin Collinsworth (Highlands) and Luke Case (Hancock Co.) are the top scorers at 48

-Will Bardo (Highlands) has the most passing yards with 537

-Dvontae Bradley (Cooper) has the most rushing yards with 512

-Nick Buten (Highlands) has the most recieving yards with 262

-Alex Jones (North Hardin) has the most tackles with 51

-Nick Roush (DeSales) has the most sacks with 7 (already?... wow)

 

*other notes

*Miles Simpson all but sat out week 0 and is still #6 on scoring in the sate.

*unfortunately Quan Weaver is out for the season and therefore out of the race.

Fugate with 5 rushes for 4 yards last night? is this right? If so this has to hurt his chances. I can't see a Mr. Football held to 4 yards for a game. I think this opens some doors for some others. Boyle's Reese McShara has to atleast be considered now.

 

Shane Pack FB from Lawrence Co isn't going to get the pub he deserves but he is one of the top backs in the state. He rushed for 120 yds in the 2nd half alone against that same defense that held Fuggate to 5 yds (I am a Fuggate fan and have built him up as much as I can the last couple of years). Shane is about 6'1 230 and now has 6 TD's in 2 games this year. He is also ranked as the 22nd top punter in the Nation I think. I know he did very well at the Ray Guy camp this summer.

FC Quarterback Antonio Andrews

 

Passing yards: 437

Passing TD: 6

Rushing yards: 354

Rushing TD: 7

Extra Point Kick: 3

5 solo tackles, 2 assists (just messing around on defense)

 

This is Mr. Football not just Mr. good at doing one thing.

Edited by FalconBacker

I realize all teams may not report stats, however Tevin McCadden from Bryan Station has 727 yards rushing on 61 carries and 14 touchdowns resulting in 84 points scored, nearly doubling Collinsworth. I don't understand how McCadden can be flying under everyones radar!

I realize all teams may not report stats, however Tevin McCadden from Bryan Station has 727 yards rushing on 61 carries and 14 touchdowns resulting in 84 points scored, nearly doubling Collinsworth. I don't understand how McCadden can be flying under everyones radar!

 

Probably just the not reporting stats thing. Get on the coach and get that boys name out. With stats like that he needs recognition.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.