Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari will likely go back to have 0 final fours in the record books!

Featured Replies

Seriously, this is hilarious. I'm sure Bill Self, Roy Williams, Coach Kzodrjpaosdjropweruey has never done anything like this. Rick Pitino on the other hand...

 

This confused my spell checker, so I added it to my dictionary . :D

  • Replies 108
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously, this is hilarious. I'm sure Bill Self, Roy Williams, Coach Kzodrjpaosdjropweruey has never done anything like this. Rick Pitino on the other hand...

 

 

Just to be clear...what has Rick Pitino done like this? And what exactly is "this"?

You named four players in ten years I showed you 3 players from one year at Memphis. While every coach has a few Cal has had more than his fair share.

 

So you missed this post after mine:

 

You seem to have forgotten the Tubby era.

 

Off the top of my head; Gerald Fitch, Erik Daniels, and Jules Camara, all got into trouble during their respective tenures at UK.

 

Rashaad Carruth and Jason Parker, while I don't remember if they got into trouble during their short tenures at UK, they most certainly did afterwards. There were also questions about Parker's entrance tests as well.

 

Adam Chiles was later kicked off of Murray State's team for multiple run ins with the law.

 

Not positive on this one, but it seems that Rekalin Sims got into some kind of trouble as well.

 

 

 

That's another four or five new ones to go with my four. We're up to 8 or 9 now in 10 years; sounds like the averages are getting closer. :lol:

Just to be clear...what has Rick Pitino done like this? And what exactly is "this"?

 

I'm wondering the same.

So you missed this post after mine:

 

You seem to have forgotten the Tubby era.

 

Off the top of my head; Gerald Fitch, Erik Daniels, and Jules Camara, all got into trouble during their respective tenures at UK.

 

Rashaad Carruth and Jason Parker, while I don't remember if they got into trouble during their short tenures at UK, they most certainly did afterwards. There were also questions about Parker's entrance tests as well.

 

Adam Chiles was later kicked off of Murray State's team for multiple run ins with the law.

 

Not positive on this one, but it seems that Rekalin Sims got into some kind of trouble as well.

 

 

 

That's another four or five new ones to go with my four. We're up to 8 or 9 now in 10 years; sounds like the averages are getting closer. :lol:

 

I believe Chuck Hayes was accused of rape as well, which was shown not to be true. However every coach in America especially at top programs has some guys that end up not being the best people, or at least get into some trouble. When dealing with college students, your not going to always have perfect little angels who never get in trouble. Didn't Ty Lawson just get a DUI last year at UNC? Every coach ends up getting players sometimes that will end up getting in trouble over somethings.

Just to be clear...what has Rick Pitino done like this? And what exactly is "this"?

 

I was just making a "cheap pop" reference to his affair and baby killing, just for a.)dramatic effect and b.) to possibly take some of the slack of Cal, by bringing Pitino's sexual immorality/adultery/murder back into the fold. For all I know Pitino never broken any NCAA regulations (yeah right). Hats off to him for that.

Colin Coherd has zero credibility with me. He goes against whatever the majority is for. 4 years ago, he was dogging Brett Favre. Now that everyone else is, he's like, remember this is the same player that made it to the AFC championship game two years ago. He'll be on Calipari's wagon as soon as everyone else in the media turn against him. Herd looks like a little weasel, and I can't stand him.

 

He sells advertising. Of course he goes against the majority. It gets people in....just like people on here. This thread wouldn't even be here if everyone agreed on everything. It is an amusing way to waste a lot of time.

He sells advertising. Of course he goes against the majority. It gets people in....just like people on here. This thread wouldn't even be here if everyone agreed on everything. It is an amusing way to waste a lot of time.

 

Hey, I never looked at it that way. I just don't like the guy's face. If he would have something done about that, my opinion may change.

I'm amazed that Memphis is punished for playing a player the NCAA told them could play. Brilliant as usual from the NCAA.

 

As far as UK. They have a secret weapon against NCAA sanctions. Sandy Bell.

Just to be clear...what has Rick Pitino done like this? And what exactly is "this"?

 

 

I've read every post and I have the same question.:lol:

I know some of the people in this forum will disagree with me...but I'm totally on board with this. If a player does something completely outside the realm of the university AND the NCAA clears this player, I struggle to see why the university should be punished.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

 

I don't get it. If the NCAA cleared him, unless they found out that the university, in some way, influenced the test score, then how can they find the school guilty??????

He's from Chicago and took the test in Detroit. If only I could make the connection. Who would he know in Detroit? Oh. WWW is from Detroit you say???????

He's from Chicago and took the test in Detroit. If only I could make the connection. Who would he know in Detroit? Oh. WWW is from Detroit you say???????

 

I was waiting on this...

He's from Chicago and took the test in Detroit. If only I could make the connection. Who would he know in Detroit? Oh. WWW is from Detroit you say???????

 

Why didn't the NCAA flag him orignally? Did someone come forward with all of this after the season? I hadn't heard that part, but it seems that would raise questions immediately.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

 

I don't get it. If the NCAA cleared him, unless they found out that the university, in some way, influenced the test score, then how can they find the school guilty??????

The thing is, that Memphis found out about these issues in November at the very beginning of that season. Rose and Cal met, Rose lied to Cal about the situation, yet Cal continued to play him....I know it was an unsure decision, but at that point Cal knew he was playing a risky game, and it turned out the wrong way for him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.