Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari will likely go back to have 0 final fours in the record books!

Featured Replies

  • Author
Prayers for you. For something to bother you this much is not healthy.

 

I don't let it get to me that bad I just like to poke at them all in good fun just as UK fans do to the teams they don't like, it's all part of the joy of sports. I do appreciate the concern.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Recruited players that were cheaters and thugs just like at Memphis.

 

So is Cal the only Coach to recruit these players you speak of? Was Rose only recruited by Cal? I am pretty sure there where some big name schools after him. So is every Coach that recruits these player a cheater or is it just Cal because he is at UK.

  • Author
So is Cal the only Coach to recruit these players you speak of? Was Rose only recruited by Cal? I am pretty sure there where some big name schools after him. So is every Coach that recruits these player a cheater or is it just Cal because he is at UK.

 

Most of them backed off of Rose too when they started hearing the grumblings that caused this trouble.

I don't let it get to me that bad I just like to poke at them all in good fun just as UK fans do to the teams they don't like, it's all part of the joy of sports. I do appreciate the concern.
:thumb: :D

Herd is bashing Cal right now while saying it isn't worth talking about. He cracks me up. I'm a huge UK fan and a huge Cowherd fan...I was concerned 2 years ago when we mentioned Cal -- I'm no more or less concerned now. We knew this was coming so it isn't a suprise. It sounds like Danny Oceans at the beginning of Oceans 11...i've been implicated many times, but never charged. I should change my name to "Cautiously Optimistic".

Most of them backed off of Rose too when they started hearing the grumblings that caused this trouble.

 

I will need a link for that one because I am pretty sure that the whole ordeal with Rose came after the season he played. If I am not mistaken it did not happen until this year. Teams may have backed off but only because they knew he was going to Memphis St. The NCAA cleared him to play and that would be the only thing that any school would look at. Only later did the NCAA find out Rose should have not been cleared. I just know if I am going to call someone a cheater I am going to need some kind of proof which you don't have. Also celebrating someones misfortune is not the way I would want to live my life. Cal may be a cheater, but until I see the proof I will be behind him 100%. I let facts control my judgement not hatred.

  • Author
We knew this was coming so it isn't a suprise. It sounds like Danny Oceans at the beginning of Oceans 11...i've been implicated many times, but never charged. I should change my name to "Cautiously Optimistic".

 

Except his teams have been charged and convicted multiple times now.

Well he had players beat up their girlfriends on multiple occassions at Memphis and run in to the law for many other reasons.

 

 

You're saying that Coach Calipairi had his players beat up their girlfriends?

Not at UMASS that we know of, I'd say he probably did just didn't get caught. But he definitely did at Memphis and I think it's ridiculous he gets to walk away with nothing from the mess he caused down there. You will never convince me he didn't know those kids had cheated and he probably encouraged it to win at all cost.

 

What rules did Cal break at Memphis? This question was asked before in post#14. I am asking again because I can not find your answer. If Cal has broke rules I would like to know what they are because I have missed something.

  • Author
You're saying that Coach Calipairi had his players beat up their girlfriends?

 

I'm just defending my claim he has recruited thugs.

 

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/10623754/rss

 

I'll have to look for the rose link but I read somewhere when this whole mess started that several schools had backed off of him because of the questionable test scores.

Well he had players beat up their girlfriends on multiple occassions at Memphis and run in to the law for many other reasons.

 

So this has only happened with Cal's players?:confused:

I'm just defending my claim he has recruited thugs.

 

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/10623754/rss

 

I'll have to look for the rose link but I read somewhere when this whole mess started that several schools had backed off of him because of the questionable test scores.

 

 

You still didn't answer my question. Are you saying that Calipari told his players to beat up their girlfriends? Can you name me a recent UK coach that didn't recruit players that had run ins with the law?

I'm not very familiar with the two cases you mention but I definitely agree that there seems to be a double standard.

 

It was mentioned by another poster but the Kansas story includes a player (Arthur) who cheated to get grades and played in that very game vs. Memphis. Yet Kansas has not been made to take down their banner or vacate anything.

 

 

Duke's star team of '99 included Corey Magette (sp?) who was later found to have taken money from an AAU booster/coach named Piggie.

 

They too were never asked to vacate their National runner-up spot.

  • Author
You still didn't answer my question. Are you saying that Calipari told his players to beat up their girlfriends? Can you name me a recent UK coach that didn't recruit players that had run ins with the law?

 

No of course I don't think he told them to, but it goes back to the general statement I've said about Cal he recruits thugs. I got hammered for saying that by someone earlier and I'm defending that statement. His players clearly have been thugs that cheat steel and assault people. If those aren't thugs, then what are?

I'm just defending my claim he has recruited thugs.

 

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/10623754/rss

 

I'll have to look for the rose link but I read somewhere when this whole mess started that several schools had backed off of him because of the questionable test scores.

 

 

So do you feel that way about Tom Osborne? (Lawrence Phillips, Christian Peters, et al)

 

Every program has those players that come through and do horrible things. Even Coach K, Dean Smith, whoever.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.