Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari will likely go back to have 0 final fours in the record books!

Featured Replies

No of course I don't think he told them to, but it goes back to the general statement I've said about Cal he recruits thugs. I got hammered for saying that by someone earlier and I'm defending that statement. His players clearly have been thugs that cheat steel and assault people. If those aren't thugs, then what are?

 

 

Joe B. Hall?? Eddie Sutton? Rick Pitino? Tubby Smith? Billy G? I'm waiting.

  • Replies 108
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just defending my claim he has recruited thugs.

 

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/10623754/rss

 

I'll have to look for the rose link but I read somewhere when this whole mess started that several schools had backed off of him because of the questionable test scores.

 

I guess my question would be were they thugs when he recruited them or did they become thugs after.

I will be waiting on the Rose link. I am pretty sure Cal was already the Coach at UK when this whole Rose ordeal came to light to the public. I believe I read that Cal even told UK during his interview about what the NCAA was investigating. I may be wrong would not be the first time.

  • Author
Joe B. Hall?? Eddie Sutton? Rick Pitino? Tubby Smith? Billy G? I'm waiting.

 

I have no idea to be honest with you, but I know Cal has had more than his fair share and all I'm doing is defending myself when someone said that I had no credibility because I called his players thugs. But I don't remember any of Tubby's players being continually in trouble like Cal's have been, and I certainly don't remember the NCAA ever coming after Tubby's players for any cheating.

  • Author
I guess my question would be were they thugs when he recruited them or did they become thugs after.

I will be waiting on the Rose link. I am pretty sure Cal was already the Coach at UK when this whole Rose ordeal came to light to the public. I believe I read that Cal even told UK during his interview about what the NCAA was investigating. I may be wrong would not be the first time.

 

I was wrong it was Dozier that schools backed off of because of questionable scores and multiple tests.

 

http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/6271764?tag=Georgia

I'm just defending my claim he has recruited thugs.

 

He has, but so has a lot of coaches. I think if he wanted to bring that trend to Kentucky he would have certainly accepted the interest form Lance Stephenson when he aquired about UK, especially after he found out he would likely be needing a two guard. Not saying Lance is a thug, because it seems a lot has changed with his whole attitude, but during the recruiting process he was not though of too highly. I think Calipari understands the Kentucky mentality, and how important representation of the school is. In Memphis is was just win baby, I think now you will see Cal land top talent, with not such a tainted past.

HT721, you may have missed my earlier question with such a busy thread...why do you hate UK so much?

I have no idea to be honest with you, but I know Cal has had more than his fair share and all I'm doing is defending myself when someone said that I had no credibility because I called his players thugs. But I don't remember any of Tubby's players being continually in trouble like Cal's have been, and I certainly don't remember the NCAA ever coming after Tubby's players for any cheating.
You seem to have forgotten the Tubby era.

 

Off the top of my head; Gerald Fitch, Erik Daniels, and Jules Camara, all got into trouble during their respective tenures at UK.

 

Rashaad Carruth and Jason Parker, while I don't remember if they got into trouble during their short tenures at UK, they most certainly did afterwards. There were also questions about Parker's entrance tests as well.

 

Adam Chiles was later kicked off of Murray State's team for multiple run ins with the law.

 

Not positive on this one, but it seems that Rekalin Sims got into some kind of trouble as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by HT721

Not at UMASS that we know of, I'd say he probably did just didn't get caught. But he definitely did at Memphis and I think it's ridiculous he gets to walk away with nothing from the mess he caused down there. You will never convince me he didn't know those kids had cheated and he probably encouraged it to win at all cost.

 

What rules did Cal break at Memphis? This question was asked before in post#14. I am asking again because I can not find your answer. If Cal has broke rules I would like to know what they are because I have missed something.

 

Where they thugs when he recruited them or did they become thugs after?

I have no idea to be honest with you, but I know Cal has had more than his fair share and all I'm doing is defending myself when someone said that I had no credibility because I called his players thugs. But I don't remember any of Tubby's players being continually in trouble like Cal's have been, and I certainly don't remember the NCAA ever coming after Tubby's players for any cheating.

 

Michael Southall

Jason Parker

Desmond Allison (DUI)

Carruth (Head Case)

 

I'm probably missing a few but you get the point. :thumb:

And the worst part is that Tubby's thugs weren't that good! At least Cal's thugs are worth some risk :-)

  • Author
Michael Southall

Jason Parker

Desmond Allison (DUI)

Carruth (Head Case)

 

I'm probably missing a few but you get the point. :thumb:

 

You named four players in ten years I showed you 3 players from one year at Memphis. While every coach has a few Cal has had more than his fair share.

So UK has a coach that has a history of recruiting players that have run-ins with the law....

 

Ole Miss has a coach that has run-ins with the law....

 

:idunno:

I say just fire Cal before he can do the unthinkable at Kentucky. :ohbrother:

So UK has a coach that has a history of recruiting players that have run-ins with the law....

 

Ole Miss has a coach that has run-ins with the law....

 

:idunno:

 

"Do you know who I am? I'm a very important person."

"Do you know who I am? I'm a very important person."

 

:laugh:

 

"I am going to be on national television. If I’m not standing there at 9 p.m. tomorrow, this is an international altercation.”

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.