Eli, Giants agree on extension

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thats crazy money. I agree he is a winner and they need him, but I will no longer call Derek Jeter the most over-paid man in sports.

And I'll disagree. Eli has led the Giants to two NFC East championships, a NFC championship, a Superbowl championship and 4 straight playoff appearances. They are a contender every year mainly because of him...I think it's a good deal. It is a lot of money, but he is worth it. Without him, David Carr is their starter :lol:.

Oh and he is durable too. I don't think he has missed a game since becoming the starter.

And I'll disagree. Eli has led the Giants to two NFC East championships, a NFC championship, a Superbowl championship and 4 straight playoff appearances. They are a contender every year mainly because of him...I think it's a good deal. It is a lot of money, but he is worth it. Without him, David Carr is their starter :lol:.

Oh and he is durable too. I don't think he has missed a game since becoming the starter.

His career passing percentage is 55.9%

His career QB rating is 76.1

He has 98 TD's and 74 int's

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl so did Doug Williams and Jeff Hostetler. I think he's a tad overpaid. He was a bad pass by Favre in OT away from being considered not good.

His career passing percentage is 55.9%

His career QB rating is 76.1

He has 98 TD's and 74 int's

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl so did Doug Williams and Jeff Hostetler. I think he's a tad overpaid. He was a bad pass by Favre in OT away from being considered not good.

Blah blah blah, the "he was a bad pass by Favre in OT away from being considered not good" is a junk argument IMO. Eli out played Brett Favre in the cold in Green Bay. I guess if he didn't have Plaxico he wouldn't have won that game either. Or if Corey Webster didn't catch Favre's "bad pass", the Giants might not have won that game either. Guess what though, the Giants did win. And Eli won.

He might be a tad bit "over paid" but you have to pay to keep the players you need. And the Giants need Eli Manning. He's their franchise quarterback for the next 10 years probably...it's worth it to lock him up. As long as they have him IMO, they will be a contender.

He is one of the most clutch QB's in the game. When the game is on the line, Eli is one of the best in the business. As a Giants fan, I'm glad he'll be a Giant for 7 more years.

Actually after looking at the statistics w/out Burress, Eli pretty much held close to his career statistics if you pro-rate over a 16 game season without #17.

125-200-1,426yds- 8Td/3int; 203yds/game, averaging 91.5 rating

His TD numbers were down, but Burress is a very nice target in the RZ, plus you don't have to pass much in the RZ when you have horses like Jacobs and Ward. He's not a sexy QB, but he's pretty solid, he's a nice fit for a team like the Giants who play nasty defense and can lean on their Oline and RBs.

He is one of the most clutch QB's in the game. When the game is on the line, Eli is one of the best in the business. As a Giants fan, I'm glad he'll be a Giant for 7 more years.

That's all that's important really. If Giants fans are happy its hard to argue w/ the move. I disagree that they're a contender b/c of him, but you follow them more closely than I do. I don't think anyone else would have paid him that much. The Giants won the SB b/c they could put extreme pressure on the QB of opposing teams not b/c they had a good QB.

That's all that's important really. If Giants fans are happy its hard to argue w/ the move. I disagree that they're a contender b/c of him, but you follow them more closely than I do. I don't think anyone else would have paid him that much. The Giants won the SB b/c they could put extreme pressure on the QB of opposing teams not b/c they had a good QB.

The Giants did have to score to win that super bowl, you realize that right? :lol:

And Eli managed to lead the Giants to two 4th quarter TD's against a very good defense in the most high pressure situation possible. Those TD's were both TD passes, one to an injured Burress, who probably shouldn't have even been playing.

If not for Eli's heroics, the Giants didn't win that game. The same can be said about their defense, yes...but that's why it is a team game.

I'm just saying this. You can take away an Osi Umenyiora or a Justin Tuck (one, not both) and the Giants can still make the playoffs (they did it last year without Osi, Burress for a lot of the season etc). But if you take away Eli Manning, David Carr is the Giants starter. Do you honestly think they still make the playoffs with David Carr starting? Or Andre Woodson? Or Rhett Bomar?

The Giants did have to score to win that super bowl, you realize that right? :lol:

And Eli managed to lead the Giants to two 4th quarter TD's against a very good defense in the most high pressure situation possible. Those TD's were both TD passes, one to an injured Burress, who probably shouldn't have even been playing.

If not for Eli's heroics, the Giants didn't win that game. The same can be said about their defense, yes...but that's why it is a team game.

I'm just saying this. You can take away an Osi Umenyiora or a Justin Tuck (one, not both) and the Giants can still make the playoffs (they did it last year without Osi, Burress for a lot of the season etc). But if you take away Eli Manning, David Carr is the Giants starter. Do you honestly think they still make the playoffs with David Carr starting? Or Andre Woodson? Or Rhett Bomar?

He had a good month at the best time of year to have one. Besides that he's a little above a decent QB. Laugh all you want. I have a feeling he will never go down as a great and he's being paid a lot of money. If you're happy as a Giants fan that's all that matters. I was just voicing my opinion that his career numbers don't even approach good and he is overpaid.

hb20,

We get that you like him and of course you should. But his output doesn't backup the amount of cash he will recieve, hence he is overpaid. But, there aren't that many big trades in the NFL so your argument is correct that without him they would be in a horribel QB situation, hence they had to pay him.

P.S. This is coming from someone who dislikes all Mannings.