North Oldham's new defensive hirings

Hills will have a very good and experienced team. Their offense made great strides last season with a new offense, and have 4 linemen, the entire backfield and 3 WR returning. Curry is a big and athletic QB with a D I arm. Justin Wright is a hard-nosed FB with good size and down-hill speed (6'0" - 197 lbs and 4.8 speed). On defense Hills returns the bulk of its line and three LBs. Wright at LB is a load that can play the run or cover the slot, while Arie Slone (6'2" and 205 lbs) is a excellent run stopper in the middle (over 110 tackles playing with a cast due to surgery last season). The defensive backfield needs to improve, but young and athletic. Hills does not need to talk smack, but is in position to win the district and beat both in-town rivals.

Gents:

This thread is about North...let's keep it that way! If Western Hills (where is that in Frankfort???) wants to, start a thread about whatever it is you are after, then feel free (I find all this very entertaining). I for one, would like to commend the North staff on great hires, much has changed in this district when it comes to coaching....should be interesting to see how this plays out come season.

Gents:

This thread is about North...let's keep it that way! If Western Hills (where is that in Frankfort???) wants to, start a thread about whatever it is you are after, then feel free (I find all this very entertaining). I for one, would like to commend the North staff on great hires, much has changed in this district when it comes to coaching....should be interesting to see how this plays out come season.

I agree, sorry man.

Hills will have a very good and experienced team. Their offense made great strides last season with a new offense, and have 4 linemen, the entire backfield and 3 WR returning. Curry is a big and athletic QB with a D I arm. Justin Wright is a hard-nosed FB with good size and down-hill speed (6'0" - 197 lbs and 4.8 speed). On defense Hills returns the bulk of its line and three LBs. Wright at LB is a load that can play the run or cover the slot, while Arie Slone (6'2" and 205 lbs) is a excellent run stopper in the middle (over 110 tackles playing with a cast due to surgery last season). The defensive backfield needs to improve, but young and athletic. Hills does not need to talk smack, but is in position to win the district and beat both in-town rivals.

Can someone give me a history lesson and tell me when the last time was that Western Hills defeated BOTH Frankfort High and Franklin County in the same season.

You're doing well as a head coach if you get ONE guy on staff with all the intangibles both these guys bring to a staff:

1. cares about and is willing to sacrifice for his players

2. knows the success of the program is more important than his own selfish needs

3. is willing to spend the "above and beyond" time it takes without complaining

4. doesn't have to be prodded to help with the "non-X's-and-O's" stuff

5. LOYAL--not afraid to complain or suggest...but ONLY face-to-face in the coaches office and never 'behind-the-back' of a fellow coach

...and Billy's got TWO; he's one lucky coach (as am I)!

Good luck 'stangs.

It looks to me like North is wanting to continue their winning ways. Coach Martin does a great job. Coach J hit a lot great points. I think one other thing is that Caoch Martin and his staff do is respect their players and work hard to keep them in the program. You don't grow in numbers like that unless you respect the kids and they respect you. You don't grow in numbers like that by not working the hallways for those kids that did not play.

I know a little of Irv and that is a sweet steal. Rick young has been around Oldham County programs for years and I don't know how he was allowed to sit out so long before someone grabbed him.

Good luck to the Stangs in 09.