7 on 7 Scrimmages

Just curious when the 7 on 7 games start, and who and where they are being played.

I am curious how much value everyone feels the 7 on 7's are for the regular season.

I personally think passing leagues mean nothing for the real season. Lloyd won 3/4's of all their 7 on 7's played last year, and only went 6-6 in the regular season. They beat Beechwood and NewCath easily and got blew out in the actual game during the season. Lloyd also beat DuPont Manual who won the entire UK passing tourny. And Lloyd still only had a sub-par year. Just because a team is really good at 7 on 7's does not mean they will have a good team. But I do think 7 on 7's are a lot of fun to watch and they are good for extra reps that you can't get everyday at practice.

Most coaches go into to 7on7 tournaments with a goal in mind. For instance, they want to give their inexperienced kids competative reps. They may want to experiment with different formations or personnal packages. Maybe, they have a new coordinator that needs experience under fire. There are a plethra of reasons to in these tournaments and practices. To try and predict your season success on your 7on7 success would probably be a little foolish in most cases IMO

I personally think passing leagues mean nothing for the real season. Lloyd won 3/4's of all their 7 on 7's played last year, and only went 6-6 in the regular season. They beat Beechwood and NewCath easily and got blew out in the actual game during the season. Lloyd also beat DuPont Manual who won the entire UK passing tourny. And Lloyd still only had a sub-par year. Just because a team is really good at 7 on 7's does not mean they will have a good team. But I do think 7 on 7's are a lot of fun to watch and they are good for extra reps that you can't get everyday at practice.

Wins in 7 on 7s may not correlate to wins in the seasons, but I wouldn't say they mean nothing. If you can video the practices and scrimmages, then they can be very powerful tool in evaluating talent and technique.

Wins in 7 on 7s may not correlate to wins in the seasons, but I wouldn't say they mean nothing. If you can video the practices and scrimmages, then they can be very powerful tool in evaluating talent and technique.

Agreed are great ways to work on timing and great to teach DB's cover skills.

BTW Grant County will be having its 3rd Annual Passing tournament on June 13th

I couldn't agree more. I do think they are fun for the kids, though, and can be helpful for those younger, inexperienced kids. You know, the first week or two after school is out for the summer, having three or four evenings against other teams.

Those guys that go to two or three a week, and all day Saturday events for practically the whole month of June can have it.