Puppy Mills

PutMeInCoach

Our son bought our little Boxer dog, Belle, who is now 9 months from a NKY pet store who I will not name. She was underweight, had a terrible cough and the pet store said it was because she was almost 3 months old and being in the cage all day and needed exercise. It took about 2 months to get the crap out of her lungs with antibiotics and a mound of vet bills for our son. He was trying to find a companion for our older boxer after our little terrier died from old age.

If I had to guess, that was kennel cough, but the fact that it took 2 months to go away makes me think it might have been parvo. Either way, the fact that the puppy was in this poor of condition probably means they weren't properly vaccinated.

I don't know enough about the breed to know what the concerns might be. Do some research, I have seen people spends hundreds and often thousands in vet bills on poorly bred dogs that they have fallen in love with.

I do know a lady who breeds Yorkshire and Silky Terriers. I don't know if she has any available or if she might have some watch outs to look for. I'll try to get a hold of her tommorrow.

I have not been able to get in touch with her. I left her a message on her machine I don't have her cell. I'll try again tomorrow if she doesn't call me back tonight.

If I had to guess, that was kennel cough, but the fact that it took 2 months to go away makes me think it might have been parvo. Either way, the fact that the puppy was in this poor of condition probably means they weren't properly vaccinated.

We took the puppy to our own vet the very next day after our son bought her. Our vet said it wasn't kennel cough ( I thought it also could be kennel cough). The pet store is next to a different vet clinic. Needless to say, I will never, ever go there. Her shot's were suppose to be up to date.

As a Yorkie owner I can tell you that your patience will be tested. We have had our problems with ours, but he has gotten alot better. We got him from a reputable rescue in Cincinnati and he was a handful at first.

I have heard they can be stubborn and hard to train.

I have heard they can be stubborn and hard to train.

Ours has been a handful. As I said he has gotten alot better, but he still has a long way to go. We've had him for about 3 years now. If it wasn't for my wife he would've been gone a long time ago.