Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier Henry quote on ESPN today...

Featured Replies

Teenagers who don't live in Ky would have very little knowledge of UK's history.

I bet you would be surprised about the percentage that would not know that Pitino coached at UK.

 

I'm sure most kids don't know how great Nebraska used to be in football too!

:thumb: I don't even know much about UK's basketball history, and I've lived in KY since 1996.

 

People need to take into account that in a lot of the country, professional sports are much, much bigger than college athletics.

  • Replies 86
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:thumb: I don't even know much about UK's basketball history, and I've lived in KY since 1996.

 

People need to take into account that in a lot of the country, professional sports are much, much bigger than college athletics.

 

With that said, there are still a lot of people throughout the nation who know about Kentucky.

 

I saw people wearing UK gear in Alaska when I lived there. :lol:

With that said, there are still a lot of people throughout the nation who know about Kentucky.

 

I saw people wearing UK gear in Alaska when I lived there. :lol:

 

So? Go to Africa and you can see Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Winners shirts. Does that mean they are Bills' fans?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::sssh::sssh::sssh::jump::jump::jump:

I think that because UK hasn't been in a FF in 11 years does contribute some to a lack of luster, but I think it's naive to think that most high school basketball players are not well aware that UK is one of the best programs in the history of college basketball. We're not talking about chess players here, we're talking about basketball players. Are you saying kids outside of their home states don't know anything about UNC, Duke, UCLA, Kansas, Florida, Indiana. I've lived in 8 different states and have kids and adults work for me and almost everyone of the knew about UK basketball.

 

Yes, that is what I am saying. I am quite sure Henry doesn't know about the history of Indiana basketball either and I know there are plenty who don't. I am almost sure if you went to the Jordan Brand game on Saturday and asked all of the kids what school has the most college basketball championships most would probably say UNC. A majority of these kids don't know anything about the history of the game, but again, it's really not that big of a deal. The fact that UK hasn't been in a final four in 11 years is probably also a major factor in that, and honestly, UK fans should be encouraged by that. His entire perspective of UK basketball is about to get rocked in a good way when he comes to UK for his official visit. Considering what he doesn't know about UK and what he will learn on his visit, if I am a Cat fan, I can't wait until he comes to Lexington. That being said, I will be VERY surprised if he doesn't come to UK. They'll probably roll out the red carpet for him as soon as he exits the plane.

Here's an update on Henry, it appears (despite other reports) that the Henry's haven't scheduled a visit to UK.

 

Link

Here's an update on Henry, it appears (despite other reports) that the Henry's haven't scheduled a visit to UK.

 

Link

 

His own father is the one that said that.

His own father is the one that said that.

 

And these quotes came from Xavier...

 

Who knows:confused:

And these quotes came from Xavier...

 

Who knows:confused:

 

Xavier just mentioned in an online chat with ESPN on Monday that he was taking a visit to UK.

 

I'm so confused anymore. :irked:

 

Edit:

Matt (Lexington, KY): Do you plan on taking anymore visits before making a decision?

 

sn2.gifXavier Henry: Yeah, I plan on taking one visit with my brother to Kentucky. We've never been out there. After that, we'll take a couple of days and probably make our decision.

 

 

 

So I guess he plans on taking one just hasn't set it yet. Who knows.

His own father is the one that said that.
:thumb: His father did give the dates that the boys where going to visit, but I believe he also said that the boys change their minds all the time. That is what I remember reading.
I personally could care less if he knows anything about UK's tradition or history. All I care about is can he contribute to the program and represent the university in a respectful way.

 

It would help if he cared about the prestiege of the program as well. Just to help boost fan support with Xavier.

It would help if he cared about the prestiege of the program as well. Just to help boost fan support with Xavier.

 

Just think, if he comes, he'll get to know all about the programs history that he wants.

Tradition and history only belong to those that want to learn that sort of thing. Why would a kid in Oklahoma concern himself with the tradition of UK basketball? And that street runs two ways....sure the tradition of national titles but also the tradition of ncaa sanctions and not integrating the team as early as other universities did also are part of the UK tradition. The tradition is not part of what an 18 year old kid is worried about unless they are part of it growing up (ie grow up in kentucky dad and grandpa are huge UK fans, etc).

Tradition and history only belong to those that want to learn that sort of thing. Why would a kid in Oklahoma concern himself with the tradition of UK basketball? And that street runs two ways....sure the tradition of national titles but also the tradition of ncaa sanctions and not integrating the team as early as other universities did also are part of the UK tradition. The tradition is not part of what an 18 year old kid is worried about unless they are part of it growing up (ie grow up in kentucky dad and grandpa are huge UK fans, etc).

 

That says it all.

Just to help boost fan support with Xavier.

 

If UK wins, the fans won't care what Xavier does or doesn't know...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.