Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier Henry quote on ESPN today...

Featured Replies

This pretty much sums up what a lot of the kids now days thinks about KY and out storied history....

 

"Here's what Henry had to say about his finalists.

 

Kansas: "It's only a four and a half hour drive from Oklahoma City, my brother originally committed there out of high school before signing a professional baseball contract, and I know the Kansas tradition through my mom and dad. When my dad received a DVD of their 2008 national championship season, I watched it 50 times; it gave me chills," he said.

 

Kentucky: "I don't know anything about the program's history, but I do know Calipari is the coach. Cal has a feel for building a program. He makes you already feel a part of the program and wants you to succeed. He'll tell you honestly if you are ready for the NBA."

  • Replies 86
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't any UK fans shocked by "I don't know anything about the program's history"?

Thank God we got Coach Cal.

Aren't any UK fans shocked by "I don't know anything about the program's history"?

 

Given the last 10 years at KY, no.

Aren't any UK fans shocked by "I don't know anything about the program's history"?

 

He's clearly lives under a rock...

Given the last 10 years at KY, no.

 

 

C'mon! I don't buy it! What's one of the first things any UK fan will say about UK Basketball?

C'mon! I don't buy it! What's one of the first things any UK fan will say about UK Basketball?

 

Not only do they say what you are saying, they also say that Patterson will stay to help rebuild the tradition. Fans who think so highly of the tradition that was last big was 11 years ago think that Patterson won't leave. If he is projected 12-18th it's see you later time. Tradition is not as important to MOST 18-22 year old kids.

Aren't any UK fans shocked by "I don't know anything about the program's history"?

 

I'm a little shocked about his general knowledge of college basketball. Kentucky has one of, if not the greatest tradition of any team in the nation.

 

Maybe the kid has just been infatuated with professional ball all his life.

Aren't any UK fans shocked by "I don't know anything about the program's history"?

I would expect that comment about Louisville but not Kentucky.

He's clearly lives under a rock...

 

Or outside of Kentucky...

Teenagers who don't live in Ky would have very little knowledge of UK's history.

I bet you would be surprised about the percentage that would not know that Pitino coached at UK.

Teenagers who don't live in Ky would have very little knowledge of UK's history.

I bet you would be surprised about the percentage that would not know that Pitino coached at UK.

 

That could be true but I just don't get it. I mean I obviously know the history of UK but I could also tell you some of the history of UCLA, UNC, Duke, Indiana, etc... I just don't understand how some of these kids could not know the history of a school like UK... That said I say he comes here to play and learns some of it.

That could be true but I just don't get it. I mean I obviously know the history of UK but I could also tell you some of the history of UCLA, UNC, Duke, Indiana, etc... I just don't understand how some of these kids could not know the history of a school like UK... That said I say he comes here to play and learns some of it.

 

UK hasn't been in the national spotlight over the last decade like UCLA, UNC, and Duke. If you're in the spotlight, more people hear about your program. JMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.