Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier Henry quote on ESPN today...

Featured Replies

If UK wins, the fans won't care what Xavier does or doesn't know...

 

That's no different than UL and most all other schools. :thumb:

  • Replies 86
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Henry knows nothing about UK, wouldn't it just make sense for him to have already committed to play for a school he's grown up with (KU)? That is unless there's someone stopping him....:sssh:

C'mon! I don't buy it! What's one of the first things any UK fan will say about UK Basketball?

 

7, championships that is.

:rolleyes:

 

Care to elaborate??

That's no different than UL and most all other schools. :thumb:

 

I didn't say it was. The difference is, we're having a debate about the kid not knowing anything about the history of Kentucky Basketball.

I didn't say it was. The difference is, we're having a debate about the kid not knowing anything about the history of Kentucky Basketball.

 

Not me. Just havin a little fun here. :lol:

I didn't say it was. The difference is, we're having a debate about the kid not knowing anything about the history of Kentucky Basketball.

 

Some Kentucky fans think that the whole world knows about the history of Kentucky basketball. If the whole world doesn't know then they should to those same people. It will never change.

Some Kentucky fans think that the whole world knows about the history of Kentucky basketball. If the whole world doesn't know then they should to those same people. It will never change.

 

:thumb:

Some Kentucky fans think that the whole world knows about the history of Kentucky basketball. If the whole world doesn't know then they should to those same people. It will never change.

 

Kentucky Basketball is the greatest tradition in the whole wide world! EVERYONE should know about it!

 

Seriously though, I know more about Indianas tradition then I do Kansas. I don't see this as a big deal really. Hopefully he'll come to Kentucky and learn about the greatness. :ylsuper:

I'm not sure why its odd that Kentucky fans think most people know about the tradition. UK has won more games than any other basketball team, and has the 2nd most titles.

 

UK fits in the group with UNC, UCLA and Kansas. If you know anything about basketball, you should know about them.

 

Sure, UK may have been out of it for a while, but so was UNC a few years ago, and I would have still expected most kids to know about their tradition.

UK fits in the group with UNC, UCLA and Kansas.

 

Historically, yes. Recently? No...

I'm not sure why its odd that Kentucky fans think most people know about the tradition. UK has won more games than any other basketball team, and has the 2nd most titles.

 

UK fits in the group with UNC, UCLA and Kansas. If you know anything about basketball, you should know about them.

 

Sure, UK may have been out of it for a while, but so was UNC a few years ago, and I would have still expected most kids to know about their tradition.

 

And most fans can tell you that they have a lot of wins and a lot of titles. Are all 16-18 year old players of the game fans of the game? I play blackjack a ton. I mean a ton. I can't tell you who the best player is now, who the best ever player is, or who invented it. I can tell you when to double, split, stay, and surrender though.

Edited by SSC

Since UK really hasn't been top 10 in the past 10 years then I am not surprised from the high school kids or today. I bet if he would of been a senior around 96' he would know about UK's tradition.

I just hope he adds on the the tradition and gets it back to that status.

Historically, yes. Recently? No...

 

You could have said that about every member of the group in the last decade or so.

I'm not sure why its odd that Kentucky fans think most people know about the tradition. UK has won more games than any other basketball team, and has the 2nd most titles.

 

UK fits in the group with UNC, UCLA and Kansas. If you know anything about basketball, you should know about them.

 

Sure, UK may have been out of it for a while, but so was UNC a few years ago, and I would have still expected most kids to know about their tradition.

 

I've been thinking about it for a while and there is one thing that UCLA and UNC have that UK doesn't. Individual Name recognition. Let me explain:

 

UNC is thought of when you hear the names: Michael Jordan, James Worthy

 

UCLA comes to mind when you hear the names: Kareem Abdul Jabaar (Lew Alcindor), Bill Walton

 

Kentucky, in it's long running history of great teams, doesn't really have one of those names that equated into NBA superstardom. I don't think Duke does either.

 

Even if talking today's superstars, they either skipped college (Bryant, Lebron, Garnett), or became greater NBA stars than they were noted of in college (Dwayne Wade was great at Marquette but relatively unknown outside of his conference until the NCAA tourney, Carmello was only at Syracuse for one year and few recall his association with the school)

 

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.