Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK vs. Duke

Featured Replies

If Laettner wasn't the one that shot it, than the loss hurts less. It was a great game. But he tarnished it a little because of the praise he receives for his shooting but he acted like a jerk during the game.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 1998 game may well have been the best game of 1998.

 

The 1992 game was arguably the best college game ever. That's why the media forgets about the 1998 game.

 

Laettner was 10-10 from the field and 10-10 from the free throw line. It doesn't get any better than that.

 

Remember Thomas Hill's face of disbelief when it was over? Yeah, me too.

 

Your Boy shouldn't have been in the game

 

 

I know I'm :deadhorse: but facts are facts, he should have been thrown out of the game.

I like to remember the 1978 National Championship Game. Probably too long ago for most of you young whippersnappers on here. :lol:

 

Kentucky 94 Duke 88

 

 

I hope you like my avatar. I might be old, but I'm not dead.:D

 

:thumb::thumb: On both statements!!! "Goose" Givens flat out abused Duke in that game..........41 points I believe!!

 

Also, about your avatar....:ylsuper:

I know I'm :deadhorse: but facts are facts, he should have been thrown out of the game.

 

:thumb: "The shot" was not the point, that guy (I refuse to say his name to this day) should not have been in the game to make that shot. Yes, it is :deadhorse:, whnever I think about it I still get :madman:.

 

 

O.K., I'm over it again now. :D

Hardcore rivals, that's what they are. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I thought Timberlake told him to step on his chest so Christian wouldn't fall and hurt himself because he wasn't to get hurt as bigger things were to come. I thought it was good of Timberlake to offer up his chest like that. Isn't that why Pitino kicked Timberlake off of the team?

  • Author
Hardcore rivals, that's what they are. :rolleyes:

 

Just couldn't resist could you...? :lol:

I think KY hates Duke a lot more than Dunk hates KY. That was the greatest game ever and the reason it was even more tough for UK fans to deal with was because it was against "The Unforgetables". I really doubt UK will ever have a team full of KY raised kids that grew through what those guys went through in college. I still think about Kansas running up the score while UK was down and UK waxing him after that when I see Roy Williams. Personally I love playing Duke because I have a lot of respect for their program. It is usually and outstanding game!

Your Boy shouldn't have been in the game

 

 

I know I'm :deadhorse: but facts are facts, he should have been thrown out of the game.

 

 

Vern Lindquist will forever be one of my favorites for the way he spoke out on the play. Len Elmore tried to play politician and said, "I don't know if he meant to do that or not."

 

Vern immediately and sternly said, "OH, yes he did."

 

I'm not one of those who believes he should have been thrown out. Mainly because it wasn't much of a stomp. It was intentional but not injury provoking.

19780327Duke.jpg

 

That was an awesome performance by Goose, and like Hatz said, a really dominant team that sometimes gets a bit overlooked.

 

Looking at that picture makes me wonder what were the players sitting on? Milk crates? It looks like they are right on the floor almost.

I like to remember the 1978 National Championship Game. Probably too long ago for most of you young whippersnappers on here. :lol:

 

Kentucky 94 Duke 88

 

 

I hope you like my avatar. I might be old, but I'm not dead.:D

 

I remember it well too. And BTW, I love your avatar. :thumb:

I remember it well too. And BTW, I love your avatar. :thumb:

 

Thanks. I like it too!!!!

 

:lol:

Laettner got a technical foul for the stomp, and that's all that should've been done.

Alot of UK fans hate dUKe obivously for the 92 shot. However Uk fans and fans in general do as well b/c ESPN seems to have this love affair for them that is just crazy.

19780327Duke.jpg

 

That was an awesome performance by Goose, and like Hatz said, a really dominant team that sometimes gets a bit overlooked.

 

Looking at that picture makes me wonder what were the players sitting on? Milk crates? It looks like they are right on the floor almost.

That game was played in the old Checkerdome in St. Louis. It wasn't really built for basketball. It was a hockey arena where the St. Louis Blues played. I've been in it quite a few times before it was torn down. It wasn't as big as the picture make the stands look.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.