Email From Youth Soccer Coach

Clyde

http://wbztv.com/local/soccer.coach.letter.2.972030.html

Folks, check out this link. He has resigned and claims it was all in good fun!!!:eek:

I guess he couldn't take criticism so he turned in his whistle.

I have no use for people who have assertive attitudes regarding political correctness but also feel like they must constantly express themselves about it. That letter proves that he is nothing more than a windbag that likes to hear or see his own words.

I guess he couldn't take criticism so he turned in his whistle.

I have no use for people who have assertive attitudes regarding political correctness but also feel like they must constantly express themselves about it. That letter proves that he is nothing more than a windbag that likes to hear or see his own words.

After reading my post, the ironic humor of the last paragraph hit me. Pot meet kettle!:lol:

While it may be a little over the top for kids under the age of 10, I never let my kids keep a trophy that they did not earn. You cannot teach any age kid that they will be rewarded for losing. I would make my kids return the trophy to the person that wanted them to "feel good" about themselves by giving out a trophy that was not earned.

We are all different.

How old are your kids?

now they are 19 and 17.

I had this philosophy thir entire lives. They both have plenty of trophies and accolades that they earned.

I congratulate you on raising successful kids, but I couldn't imagine not allowing my boys to keep a trophy or medal for being part of a team. I understand where you are coming from by teaching them not to accept something for nothing. I also believe that sports are a good way to teach kids discipline and comraderie, but I just don't get too ate up with it. My boys are very competitive, but that's natural. I have not gone out of my way to instill a win or it doesn't count philosophy. They have enough time for that when they get into the real world. I am, however (and luckily I've been the coach or assistant on most of their teams), very much in favor of not playing them as much as other kids if I see that they are not playing their hardest.

This guy is a little over the top, but I do believe that a lot of organizations have become sissyfied (not sure if that's a real word) in how they run things.

-Don't keep score? give me a break

-It is about having fun but it's also about learning.

-Parents who drop their kids off and pick them up, do nothing with them between games and practices and expect coaches to turn them into players and wonder why their kids don't play as much.

Our 14 year old baseball team played USSSA, Middle School, Junior League, and All-Stars. They went 91-7, came one game shy of making the Junior League World Series, traveled around the eastern half of the country and had a blast. These are accomplishments that they will relish for their entire lives, because they were pushed and they pushed themselves. Accomplishment is something to be proud of. Ad yes, they played hard and were pushed when they were 7 years old in coach pitch.

This guy is a little over the top, but I do believe that a lot of organizations have become sissyfied (not sure if that's a real word) in how they run things.

-Don't keep score? give me a break

-It is about having fun but it's also about learning.

-Parents who drop their kids off and pick them up, do nothing with them between games and practices and expect coaches to turn them into players and wonder why their kids don't play as much.

Our 14 year old baseball team played USSSA, Middle School, Junior League, and All-Stars. They went 91-7, came one game shy of making the Junior League World Series, traveled around the eastern half of the country and had a blast. These are accomplishments that they will relish for their entire lives, because they were pushed and they pushed themselves. Accomplishment is something to be proud of. Ad yes, they played hard and were pushed when they were 7 years old in coach pitch.

I can see not keeping score as young, instructional league players, but by the 4th grade, scores need to be kept. Competitive drive needs to be rewarded.