Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 67 Kentucky 58

Featured Replies

Agreed. I don't understand why so many people want a "UK" guy, when the bottom line is none of them are qualified.

 

So do you think Gillispie is a better coach than Pelphrey or Ford...?IMO Gillispie is the worst College Basketball Coach I have ever witnessed...:thumb:

  • Replies 253
  • Views 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just love some UK fans. I just received this pic from a disgruntled UK fan in a e-mail.

Billie Gone.jpg

Whether Travis Ford is a UK guy or not, the guy, IMO, has proven to be a good coach, everywhere he has gone. With him coming from UK is just icing on the cake. Campbellsville. Check. EKU. Check. UMass. Check. Oklahoma State. I'll give him a check there as well.

 

I understand where you're coming from, but we're talking about Campbellsville, EKU, and UMass.... Not UK. Go after a Wright, a Dixon, a Donavon, and if you're really desperate Calipari. He may end up being a trainwreck, but he'd make the fanbase happy quickly...

So do you think Gillispie is a better coach than Pelphrey or Ford...?IMO Gillispie is the worst College Basketball Coach I have ever witnessed...:thumb:

 

Your opinion is not a good one.

I disagree. The inbounds plays that we run more often then not result in a score. I think he is a very good in-game coach and draws up some terrific plays. We do not have the personnel needed to execute the type of style he wants to play at this moment.

 

There's alot more to being a good coach than drawing up a good inbounds play. He looks clueless on the sidelines most of the time and it shows in his decision-making (or lack thereof).

Why did Pitino continue to press Kansas when we were getting blown out by 55? To instill a mindset and prepare the PROGRAM for the future!

 

Oh, please... Don't compare Pitino to Gillespie... You're talking Kansas, I'm talking Georgia...

So do you think Gillispie is a better coach than Pelphrey or Ford...?IMO Gillispie is the worst College Basketball Coach I have ever witnessed...:thumb:

 

I sure as heck think he's more qualified than either of them. If they get rid of Gillispie and bring one of those 2 in, the program will definitely not be taking a step forward.

Your opinion is not a good one.

 

Sorry man, but you're the only one here that doesn't have the opinion that Gillespie is incompetent...

Is the season over yet?

If so, lets get on to Baseball and the Reds,can't get any worst.

There's alot more to being a good coach than drawing up a good inbounds play. He looks clueless on the sidelines most of the time and it shows in his decision-making (or lack thereof).

 

It did look like Billie G was just standing there at times not caring. Yea, he yelled at the refs a couple of times over calls, but he just looked like he was somewhere else.

Sorry man, but you're the only one here that doesn't have the opinion that Gillespie is incompetent...

 

Maybe he's not incompetent, maybe he just likes to drink a little too much....:sssh:

U.K. is headed for the N.I.T. (No Interest Tournament). I will watch them and support them in the N.I.T., not happy about not being in the NCAA but U.K. is my team and that's what imo a fan does, support their team.

 

I also heard Hammonds and Conley say that should U.K. host a N.I.T. game it would be played in Memorial Coliseum due to the Ky. Boys State tounament is in Rupp next week.

So do you think Gillispie is a better coach than Pelphrey or Ford...?IMO Gillispie is the worst College Basketball Coach I have ever witnessed...:thumb:

 

 

A lot better. Pelphrey put in the worst coaching performance of the year IMO.

There's alot more to being a good coach than drawing up a good inbounds play. He looks clueless on the sidelines most of the time and it shows in his decision-making (or lack thereof).

 

You guys want "instant gratification". I guess it is just the world we live in. The U.S. has become such a "me now" society it's not even funny. You all are like those girls on MTV who have their sweet 16 party. I want it all and I want it NOW. Show some patience people. Coach is instilling a mindset, just like Pitino, and it will pay dividends if you all just STOP freaking out about it.

You must not talk to a lot of people.

 

The national media, former UK superstars, local media, virtually every blogger, every fan I have talked to, most everyone on here, and pretty much all the fans of other teams has noticed that he's a poor in-game coach. Where is the legion of BCG supporters hiding?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.