March 13, 200917 yr U.K. is headed for the N.I.T. (No Interest Tournament). I will watch them and support them in the N.I.T., not happy about not being in the NCAA but U.K. is my team and that's what imo a fan does, support their team. I also heard Hammonds and Conley say that should U.K. host a N.I.T. game it would be played in Memorial Coliseum due to the Ky. Boys State tounament is in Rupp next week. Correct.
March 13, 200917 yr Maybe he's not incompetent, maybe he just likes to drink a little too much....:sssh: I exaggerated, he's a good coach at a solid program... He's not an elite coach though, he was just the sexy pick when OTS was ran off... How often was OTS called a bad coach??? Never.
March 13, 200917 yr I just love some UK fans. I just received this pic from a disgruntled UK fan in a e-mail. I must say that this pic has made me laugh, even when I was not feeling happy.
March 13, 200917 yr The national media, former UK superstars, local media, virtually every blogger, every fan I have talked to, most everyone on here, and pretty much all the fans of other teams has noticed that he's a poor in-game coach. Where is the legion of BCG supporters hiding? I'll give him 1 more year.
March 13, 200917 yr The fact is, UK was terrible this year. Most of the players aren't very good, and it wouldn't matter who was coaching them, they wouldn't have one very many more games if any. There is no one who can create off the dribble. They had one guy who was an outside scoring threat. They had one guy who was an inside scoring threat. No other player for UK put together back to back good performances other than Meeks and Patterson. And most importantly, this team has a basketball IQ of 0. Add all of that up and you have a 20-13 team. Exactly what you should have. IMO BCG understands that he isn't going to win the national championship with this bunch, therefore he isn't going to give in on what he believes will win a National Championship. IMO it takes a very strong person to undertake the critism he takes, but stick to the plan he believes will get them to the promise land WHEN HE GETS SOME TALENT in here. No it does matter, because that is the key sign of an excellent coach. Making who you have better. That is what a coach is suppost to due teach the game to his players. That is why Bobby Night's recruiting classes was never that high, because he taught his players how to play the game and he won with those players. You can have all the talent you want that makes the coaches job easily for sure, but sometimes you got to work with what you got.
March 13, 200917 yr I just love some UK fans. I just received this pic from a disgruntled UK fan in a e-mail. :laugh::laugh:
March 13, 200917 yr I exaggerated, he's a good coach at a solid program... He's not an elite coach though, he was just the sexy pick when OTS was ran off... How often was OTS called a bad coach??? Never. :thumb:
March 13, 200917 yr You guys want "instant gratification". I guess it is just the world we live in. The U.S. has become such a "me now" society it's not even funny. You all are like those girls on MTV who have their sweet 16 party. I want it all and I want it NOW. Show some patience people. Coach is instilling a mindset, just like Pitino, and it will pay dividends if you all just STOP freaking out about it. Instant gratification? Freaking out? I'm no diehard UK fan, they're not even my favorite team... I support them because I attend the school and I watch all their games, and to me, its obvious that Gillespie just isn't the right guy for UK...
March 13, 200917 yr A lot better. Pelphrey put in the worst coaching performance of the year IMO. So I guess you think Gilliespie would have done a better job at Arkansas this season?
March 13, 200917 yr I'll give him 1 more year. I agree, he deserves at least another year, but I just wouldn't look for anything to get any better next year.
March 13, 200917 yr You guys want "instant gratification". I guess it is just the world we live in. The U.S. has become such a "me now" society it's not even funny. You all are like those girls on MTV who have their sweet 16 party. I want it all and I want it NOW. Show some patience people. Coach is instilling a mindset, just like Pitino, and it will pay dividends if you all just STOP freaking out about it. I don't want instant anything. I want a team that looks prepared and gives maximum effort with the talent it has on the team. This team fails to do that and that falls on the coach. He gets paid to get the most out of what he has. Is he doing that? Donnie Tyndall took over the worst program in America 3 seasons ago. He took a team with little talent and was competitive in year 1. He took a team with young talent and finished in the top 4 in the OVC in year 2. He took a team with good talent and won the OVC for the first time in the 25 years in year 3. That is what a good coach does.
March 13, 200917 yr People love to point out what happened last year and say, "But look what he did with Crawford and Bradley!!!" Crawford and Bradley started being dominant when BCG had a meeting with them and told them they were in control and he let them do whatever they wanted...
March 13, 200917 yr So I guess you think Gilliespie would have done a better job at Arkansas this season? It doesn't matter. The fact is, Pelphrey's resume isn't anywhere close to what Gillispie's was coming into the UK job. Why would they go after an unproven coach that will not perform any better than the one they already have?
March 13, 200917 yr You very well could be the first person I have ever heard say Billy G is a "very good in-game coach" I have to agree here. That is my main complaint with him, imo he is not a very good "in game" or "bench" coach.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.