Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 67 Kentucky 58

Featured Replies

Hammonds did mention Miller as possibly not returning. He says alot of things during telecasts that makes me scratch my head. I used to like him as an announcer, but over the last few years he says things during games that makes you wonder if he is watching the same game that he is announcing.

 

I heard that as well, that is the first that I had heard that one myself. Hammonds also didn't name names but made a general comment as to "more defections from this U.K. team" :idunno:. I agree on Hammonds, I always liked him but imo this year he has really slipped, he is retiring after this season I believe.

  • Replies 253
  • Views 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like you Cdog, but BCG is a terrible in-game coach.

I disagree. The inbounds plays that we run more often then not result in a score. I think he is a very good in-game coach and draws up some terrific plays. We do not have the personnel needed to execute the type of style he wants to play at this moment.

When Galloway learns to slow down and not make stupids decisions he should play more.

I agree with everything, except Travis Ford... He'd be in way over his head. I understand the guy is a UK guy, but Travis Ford would be a lateral step, not a step forward... UK needs a proven star as a coach...

 

:thumb:I agree 110% with that statement:thumb:

The fact is, UK was terrible this year. Most of the players aren't very good, and it wouldn't matter who was coaching them, they wouldn't have one very many more games if any.

There is no one who can create off the dribble.

They had one guy who was an outside scoring threat.

They had one guy who was an inside scoring threat.

No other player for UK put together back to back good performances other than Meeks and Patterson.

And most importantly, this team has a basketball IQ of 0.

Add all of that up and you have a 20-13 team. Exactly what you should have.

IMO BCG understands that he isn't going to win the national championship with this bunch, therefore he isn't going to give in on what he believes will win a National Championship. IMO it takes a very strong person to undertake the critism he takes, but stick to the plan he believes will get them to the promise land WHEN HE GETS SOME TALENT in here.

I disagree. The inbounds plays that we run more often then not result in a score. I think he is a very good in-game coach and draws up some terrific plays. We do not have the personnel needed to execute the type of style he wants to play at this moment.

 

Then why does he continue to play that style???:idunno:

UK had every chance in the world to win today (IMO) and simply didn't take advantage when they had their chance. Free Throws missed, baskets missed in the lane with some 2nd chance oppurtunities after them, wide-open 3 pointers bricked, and way too many UNFORCED turnovers.

 

:thumb::thumb: I certainly agree here......on all of it.

When Galloway learns to slow down and not make stupids decisions he should play more.

 

Sooooo out of control... He has the talent, but he needs to settle down out there...

Agreed. I don't understand why so many people want a "UK" guy, when the bottom line is none of them are qualified.

 

Whether Travis Ford is a UK guy or not, the guy, IMO, has proven to be a good coach, everywhere he has gone. With him coming from UK is just icing on the cake. Campbellsville. Check. EKU. Check. UMass. Check. Oklahoma State. I'll give him a check there as well.

Then why does he continue to play that style???:idunno:

 

Very good point. If he knows that style won't win with the players he has, why continue to do it? I think it's because he doesn't know what's going on, but hey that's just me.

Then why does he continue to play that style???:idunno:

 

Why did Pitino continue to press Kansas when we were getting blown out by 55? To instill a mindset and prepare the PROGRAM for the future!

I disagree. The inbounds plays that we run more often then not result in a score. I think he is a very good in-game coach and draws up some terrific plays. We do not have the personnel needed to execute the type of style he wants to play at this moment.

 

You very well could be the first person I have ever heard say Billy G is a "very good in-game coach"

Whether Travis Ford is a UK guy or not, the guy, IMO, has proven to be a good coach, everywhere he has gone. With him coming from UK is just icing on the cake. Campbellsville. Check. EKU. Check. UMass. Check. Oklahoma State. I'll give him a check there as well.

 

He's been to the tournament once. He had one winning season at EKU. Sorry, but that's nothing too impressive.

You very well could be the first person I have ever heard say Billy G is a "very good in-game coach"

 

You must not talk to a lot of people.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.