Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 67 Kentucky 58

Featured Replies

I haven't seen many saying Gillispie was to blame for this one....:confused:

 

I guess you missed the whole "they should announce Billy G's resignation" post?

  • Replies 253
  • Views 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys are jokes. We got beat by a more talented team today. What did BCG do to lose this game? How many turnovers did coach have? Did he blow the whistle on the late phantom foul on Porter?? Did he airball a 3 or brick 2 more WIDE open ones? What did Coach do today that cost us the game?? Don't say Miller should have played more, he was in foul trouble. Dont say Galloway should have played more, he is more out of control then an Ozzie Osbourse concert. Dont say we should have played zone, LSU was hitting jumpers IN OUR FACE all game long! Bottom line is LSU is more talented and more experienced. I thought UK would win this game, I was wrong, but it's not because of the guy on the bench.

 

I like you Cdog, but BCG is a terrible in-game coach.

I'm definately not going to get into a discussion about embarrassment with you. IMO, the embarrassment would be playing like they have played and then acting like they're too good to accept an NIT bid.

 

How would it be acting like they're too good to accept it? Couldn't they just simply say, we've had a terrible year, and the best thing for us to do is just end it?

As far as Meeks turning Pro...I can remember people saying Rondo was not ready for the NBA...Including myself...Boy we were wrong...:notworthy:

 

I always thought Rondo was suited more for the NBA simply because he could finally start running instead of all the half-court sets.IMO Just think if he would've stayed 3-4 years?

We all know the foolish acts and traits of BCG. The question is; is there any help in the near future at point guard? Other than the point, the other pieces are there at least for now.

There were very few people that were saying Rondo wouldn't make it in the NBA....Most of those same people were the ones saying Lofton would.

 

I guess Im the Minority then...I didn't think He would be the Player he is...His shot alone was not a good looking shot...

I guess that this was a fitting end to an extremely dissapointing season, the train wreck is over. Let see now...just how many streaks/traditions were broken this season? 17 straight years in the NCAA tournament, 6 home losses, any others?:irked:

Meeks was held in single digits for the only time this season, no one else played either. LSU is a well coached basketball team.

Also and on a side note, was fitting that U.K. was wearing Black uni's - were not the school colors and that certainly did not resemble a Kentucky basketball team! I know they said it was bc of Mr. Keightly again but imo that was a class act for the one time only or possibly a designated one game a year as a Keightly tribute only. JMO

No matter how much someone likes them the U.K. colors are Royal Blue and White!. Another U.K. tradition trashed today, jmo!

We all know the foolish acts and traits of BCG. The question is; is there any help in the near future at point guard? Other than the point, the other pieces are there at least for now.

 

Bledsoe is down to three schools, and UK is one of them... He would be the help needed...

I'm definately not going to get into a discussion about embarrassment with you. IMO, the embarrassment would be playing like they have played and then acting like they're too good to accept an NIT bid.

 

:thumb:

I guess Im the Minority then...I didn't think He would be the Player he is...His shot alone was not a good looking shot...

 

Neither did I... I thought he'd be a backup PG somewhere in the NBA...

Horrible game, right from the start.

Meeks did nothing, and I know he can't do it on his own, but he certainly didn't help his cause. He played scared IMO.

Patterson refuses to dish anything out once it goes into his "Black Hole" of the paint, he forces bad shots when other players (such as Miller) are standing wide open in front of him.

Porter can't make a shot from the left side of the basket, he needs to camp out on the right side of the arc.

Stevenson is soft, but hey, that's been the same broken record all season long.

Harris plays too much

Galloway plays too little

Liggins doesn't play at all. Say what you want, but he deserves to see some minutes out there.

 

The coaching, what can you say. BCG refuses to make any in-game adjustments, obviously does not teach the players how to set screens effectively, and his teams plays with zero intensity, and zero motivation. Sure, you can put that on the players, but that directly reflects the coach IMO.

 

The only bright spot of this team is Miller. He's maturing as a solid basketball player right before our eyes.

 

Well, looks like we're heading to the NIT, facing UC I'd say. I hope we see BCG's final days as coach in Kentucky in the next couple weeks. Bring in Travis Ford please

UK had every chance in the world to win today (IMO) and simply didn't take advantage when they had their chance. Free Throws missed, baskets missed in the lane with some 2nd chance oppurtunities after them, wide-open 3 pointers bricked, and way too many UNFORCED turnovers.

Horrible game, right from the start.

Meeks did nothing, and I know he can't do it on his own, but he certainly didn't help his cause. He played scared IMO.

Patterson refuses to dish anything out once it goes into his "Black Hole" of the paint, he forces bad shots when other players (such as Miller) are standing wide open in front of him.

Porter can't make a shot from the left side of the basket, he needs to camp out on the right side of the arc.

Stevenson is soft, but hey, that's been the same broken record all season long.

Harris plays too much

Galloway plays too little

Liggins doesn't play at all. Say what you want, but he deserves to see some minutes out there.

 

The coaching, what can you say. BCG refuses to make any in-game adjustments, obviously does not teach the players how to set screens effectively, and his teams plays with zero intensity, and zero motivation. Sure, you can put that on the players, but that directly reflects the coach IMO.

 

The only bright spot of this team is Miller. He's maturing as a solid basketball player right before our eyes.

 

Well, looks like we're heading to the NIT, facing UC I'd say. I hope we see BCG's final days as coach in Kentucky in the next couple weeks. Bring in Travis Ford please

 

I agree with everything, except Travis Ford... He'd be in way over his head. I understand the guy is a UK guy, but Travis Ford would be a lateral step, not a step forward... UK needs a proven star as a coach...

UK had every chance in the world to win today (IMO) and simply didn't take advantage when they had their chance. Free Throws missed, baskets missed in the lane with some 2nd chance oppurtunities after them, wide-open 3 pointers bricked, and way too many UNFORCED turnovers.

 

That sounds alot like most of the losses this season...Same old story...Same Ending...Thank God... The End...

I agree with everything, except Travis Ford... He'd be in way over his head. I understand the guy is a UK guy, but Travis Ford would be a lateral step, not a step forward... UK needs a proven star as a coach...

 

Agreed. I don't understand why so many people want a "UK" guy, when the bottom line is none of them are qualified.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.