Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 67 Kentucky 58

Featured Replies

I don't think that Pelphrey or Ford have the backbone to coach at UK.

  • Replies 253
  • Views 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you know Pelphrey would not preform any better than Gillispie?

 

I would take my chances...But it's not up to me...You happy now?:lol:

 

I just don't see what leads people to believe either Pelphrey or Ford would be better than Gillispie? They sure haven't proven they would be.

 

Unfortunately, I think you just may get your wish, because I think Pelphrey or Ford will be their next coach, but I'm praying it doesn't happen.

You know whats funny. That is the EXACT same thing BCG did before he got to Kentucky. He took a bunch of HORRIBLE basketball players and turned them into NCAA tourny contenders.

Why isn't he now then? You can't have it both ways...

 

And ya, that Acie Law, SCRUB!

 

And Calipari would come in a heartbeat... I don't think Donavon would turn it down again, especially if Calathes leaves. I doubt Dixon or Wright would , but worth a try...

Yeah I do!!

 

God I wish we could go back in time so you could prove me wrong...:thumb:

I was pretty high on him, but in hindsight, I now see that we were very fortunate to have strong senior guards controlling the team.

 

The thing that probably sours me the most on Gillispie is his attitude and the way he represents the University of Kentucky. Disrespecting everyone you come into contact with is just too much for me to handle.

I think that's why most people are so down on him right now.

 

Look at what you just said. We had strong SENIOR guards. Those 2 had underachieved throughout their entire career until Billy G got here. He got the best out of both those guys last year and their senior leadership carried us to the tourny. Our Senior leadership was Jared Carter this year. Tough to win that way.

Why isn't he now then? You can't have it both ways...

 

And ya, that Acie Law, SCRUB!

 

And Calipari would come in a heartbeat... I don't think Donavon would turn it down again, especially if Calathes leaves. I doubt Dixon or Wright would , but worth a try...

 

I think you're overestimating coach Cal's desire to leave Memphis. Billy D. I think may come, but no way Wright or Dixon would leave.

I just don't see what leads people to believe either Pelphrey or Ford would be better than Gillispie? They sure haven't proven they would be.

 

Unfortunately, I think you just may get your wish, because I think Pelphrey or Ford will be their next coach, but I'm praying it doesn't happen.

 

I think a Lab Monkey could out coach Gillispie...:thumb:

I think a Lab Monkey could out coach Gillispie...:thumb:

 

I would LOVE to see you out there coaching this team we have. What joy that would bring me to watch you fail...

Why isn't he now then? You can't have it both ways...

 

And ya, that Acie Law, SCRUB!

 

And Calipari would come in a heartbeat... I don't think Donavon would turn it down again, especially if Calathes leaves. I doubt Dixon or Wright would , but worth a try...

 

I was thinking the same thing. Look at what Billy G has done. He handed the ball to Acie Law and said do you thing. Last season, he did that with Crawford and Bradley. This season with Meeks. He has some big-time players but he cannot coach a game. Period.

 

I just don't see any of those coaches leaving their programs to come to UK.

I think you're overestimating coach Cal's desire to leave Memphis. Billy D. I think may come, but no way Wright or Dixon would leave.

 

I think Calipari has a huge ego, and coaching at UK is exactly what satisfy that ego... He probably has one of the best classes coming in, but I still think he's dying for a top program spot. I could definitely be wrong, but JMO... And I agree about Wright and Dixon, but I think those are the type of guys that UK needs, not Pelphrey, Ford, or Darrin Horn...

I think that's why most people are so down on him right now.

 

Look at what you just said. We had strong SENIOR guards. Those 2 had underachieved throughout their entire career until Billy G got here. He got the best out of both those guys last year and their senior leadership carried us to the tourny. Our Senior leadership was Jared Carter this year. Tough to win that way.

 

That's why you spend the developmental games of early season developing your younger players - rather than playing drill sargent with Landon Slone.

I think you're overestimating coach Cal's desire to leave Memphis.

 

He has ZERO desire to leave Memphis St...

I would LOVE to see you out there coaching this team we have. What joy that would bring me to watch you fail...

 

Honestly, I doubt he would've done any worse...

I would LOVE to see you out there coaching this team we have. What joy that would bring me to watch you fail...

 

You must be BCG

 

:irked:

He has ZERO desire to leave Memphis St...

 

He's got a good thing going, I see no reason he would want to increase the pressure.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.