Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who has the best chance at becoming UK's next basketball coach?

Who will be UK's next basketball coach? 134 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be UK's next basketball coach?

    • Travis Ford
      35%
    • John Pelphrey
      19%
    • Darrin Horn
      14%
    • Anthony Grant
      2%
    • Billy Donovan
      10%
    • Pat Riley
      1%
    • Rick Pitino
      2%
    • Sean Miller
      4%
    • Other: Please list
      9%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Just a question, but has Billy G ever signed that contract of his. I mean you can't fire someone you have no contract with!

  • Replies 113
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a question, but has Billy G ever signed that contract of his. I mean you can't fire someone you have no contract with!

No he has not...

With everything being said, I think BCG is back next year. I have heard that he isn't happy and really wanted the Okl State job, so there is a chance that he could be gone.

 

I think that this job right now is a lot more appealing to a Donovan than it was 2 years ago. 2 years ago everyone in the coaching circle knew how down UK was on talent, and how down there efforts had been to get the UK name on the national spotlight in the recruiting scene. BCG has changed that and will have a roster in the next two years with great young talent.

I just wonder if we could all fast forward 3 years, and UK had a talent rich roster with role players that fought their butts off. There were players who could walk up in your face and play man to man defense and UK was a top 5-10 program, would UK fans take that?

I think that BCG has a bigger plan. One bigger than beating GW and VMI in his first two years with a UK team that is down in talent. I think that he is creating a mindset of toughness within his system that when given time will be successful. So as all of us "fans" get upset over short term failures, BCG is staying the course for future success.

I'm betting Horn may even still hold a grudge over UK not signing him way back in his playing days.

I personally hope he doesn't want to come to UK, because I really don't care what lucky trick he's pulled off at USC this year, the guy cannot coach. I watched him for five seasons at WKU. He had Courtney Lee, the leading scorer in WKU history and a first round draft pick for four years, and only in the last year did they make the tournament. They were preseason favorites in the Sun Belt at least four times out of the five years he was there, and only once did they make the tournament. Give it time, the same thing will happen at USC.

I can't believe Anthony Grant is getting little to no interest . :idunno:

I think he was the search groups number two choice behind BCG.

I could live with that...

I still think BCG deserves more time...there is a reason Tubby was given a lot of money to walk...and it was not because things were grand at UK.

Many UK fans are being very irrational...regarding BCG. Does he warrant criticism? Yes..but two years is not enough to make a decision.

Came in late got Patterson...signed the 08 class, got #1 target in Orton, got Hood...

 

He can bring in all the recruits he can get his hands on, but if he doesn't develope them once they get to UK then he's going to fail anyway. No one on the current UK roster has improved at all this season under BCG except for Miller and I would attribute that to the game starting to slow down for him.

 

I'm tired of hearing the arguement that he hasn't had enough time when there are several coaches that took over programs this year that have had success with what other coaches couldn't.

 

I'm not that old, but I can't remeber a more embarrassing stretch for UK hoops...to lose to some of the teams that they've lost to at home over the last 2 years makes me want to puke

I have never seen a Kentucky team looked so confused and ill prepared in my lifetime. With Patterson and Meeks probably leaving after this season look for UK to win no more than 8-10 games next season. BCG has lost this team.

GIve Bill Self half of the commonwealth and steal him from KU.

^ Not only the game coaching, its how his kids react to his day to day coaching, that IMO had heads scratching.

Its been 20 years without anything going wrong for UK in basketball. I was 3 years old the last time UK got in trouble. Heck the last time UK got in trouble a lot of the current players weren't even born yet. I would recommend letting it go. (Have you seen the current roster? If we were doing anything wrong to get good players we have really fail on our face :lol:)

 

Here's a deal for you: I'll let it go when you guys let go of the NCAA championships from back in the set-shot days. Otherwise, you guys are still the first program to get the death penalty, and you still have the reputation of being one of the most penalized programs in NCAA history. :D

 

I do agree, however, that perhaps you do need to cut more corners to get back to where you Wildcat fans think you belong.

With everything being said, I think BCG is back next year. I have heard that he isn't happy and really wanted the Okl State job, so there is a chance that he could be gone.

 

I think that this job right now is a lot more appealing to a Donovan than it was 2 years ago. 2 years ago everyone in the coaching circle knew how down UK was on talent, and how down there efforts had been to get the UK name on the national spotlight in the recruiting scene. BCG has changed that and will have a roster in the next two years with great young talent.

I just wonder if we could all fast forward 3 years, and UK had a talent rich roster with role players that fought their butts off. There were players who could walk up in your face and play man to man defense and UK was a top 5-10 program, would UK fans take that?

I think that BCG has a bigger plan. One bigger than beating GW and VMI in his first two years with a UK team that is down in talent. I think that he is creating a mindset of toughness within his system that when given time will be successful. So as all of us "fans" get upset over short term failures, BCG is staying the course for future success.

 

Well there you have it. Have Barnhart get on the phone and see if he can strike a trade. Ford + 2 dozen basketballs for BCG.

Here's a deal for you: I'll let it go when you guys let go of the NCAA championships from back in the set-shot days. Otherwise, you guys are still the first program to get the death penalty, and you still have the reputation of being one of the most penalized programs in NCAA history. :D

I do agree, however, that perhaps you do need to cut more corners to get back to where you Wildcat fans think you belong.

 

Yes, but Indiana is really coming on strong lately, giving us some competition!:lol:

:thumb:

 

 

 

Never going to happen....

 

One guy I wouldn't mind seeing, and I know I've always doubted him in the past is Sean Miller.

 

 

That is where my vote went as well...he has done some very good things with Xavier in his tenure but I do not think he would be first choice. I would have to say, just as a personal opinion, I would love to see Dixon or Barnes or Wright first followed by Miller if they decline. With that said, BCG is still the coach and I have to support him, even if he does kneel for 40 minutes of a basketball game and that is about all he does!!

I am as unhappy with BCG as anybody else on here,but let's face one fact. WE DO NOT HAVE A POINT GUARD! Winning consistantly,let alone getting to the Final Four,without a true point guard is a pipe dream,no matter WHO is on the sidelines.I think BCG is our coach for 2 more years.Anything less would be a PR nightmare (as said before on here).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.