Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who has the best chance at becoming UK's next basketball coach?

Who will be UK's next basketball coach? 134 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be UK's next basketball coach?

    • Travis Ford
      35%
    • John Pelphrey
      19%
    • Darrin Horn
      14%
    • Anthony Grant
      2%
    • Billy Donovan
      10%
    • Pat Riley
      1%
    • Rick Pitino
      2%
    • Sean Miller
      4%
    • Other: Please list
      9%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I am as unhappy with BCG as anybody else on here,but let's face one fact. WE DO NOT HAVE A POINT GUARD! Getting to the Final four without a true point guard is a pipe dream,no matter WHO is on the sidelines.I think BCG is our coach for 2 more years.Anything less would be a PR nightmare (as said before on here).

 

I have told all of my friends that are calling for BCG to be fired that he is going to be there atleast next year, maybe another one as well. Until he gets who he really wants in a UK jersey he is not going anywhere!!

  • Replies 113
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe Anthony Grant is getting little to no interest . :idunno:

 

 

:thumb: Totally agree, I know thats who I voted for. It must official I guess, the next Coach must have played at UK. Grant in my opinion, is the best young Coach out there and will land in a major Conference sooner than later.

:thumb: Totally agree, I know thats who I voted for. It must official I guess, the next Coach must have played at UK. Grant in my opinion, is the best young Coach out there and will land in a major Conference sooner than later.

 

Yep, I agree. I too, voted for Grant.

Since everyone on this site thinks Billy Clyde can recruit (I am not so sure), Mitch Barnhart might be selfishly allowing Billy Gillispie to bring in a lot of great recruits for the next coach to coach.

I know emotions are running wild, but I would not be surprised to see BCG resign at the end of the year.

There is a dang near mutiny going on.

If he does, I have no idea as to who they will go after, and it would be a bad situation.

They need a CEO type.

Do they kick the tires on Donovan again?

Do they kick the tires on Pitino?

Do they say screw it and go after the Squid from Memphis?

 

I dont know it is just a depressing state right now.

I know emotions are running wild, but I would not be surprised to see BCG resign at the end of the year.

There is a dang near mutiny going on.

If he does, I have no idea as to who they will go after, and it would be a bad situation.

They need a CEO type.

Do they kick the tires on Donovan again?

Do they kick the tires on Pitino?

Do they say screw it and go after the Squid from Memphis?

 

I dont know it is just a depressing state right now.

 

If he resigns they may be ok. If he's fired I think it leaves them w/ someone like Pelphry, Ford, or Grant. I heard someone else mention Pitino this week and it is someone who I would never have thought it would come from, but knows a little bit about the situation.

 

If he leaves what recruits stay put if it isn't a huge name coming in? If it is Ford or someone like that they will be set back 5 to 10 years.

UK will NEVER fire BCG after this year, but BCG may leave on his own. If so, here's my candidates:

 

* John Calipari- I know people hate him, but the man can recruit (perhaps illegally, but who doesn't do that?)

 

* Jay Wright- Probably wouldn't leave 'Nova, but it's worth a shot.

 

* Jamie Dixon- Same as Wright, but worth a shot

 

* Ben Howland- Probably unrealistic, but as good as UCLA has been the last 3 years, they aren't selling many tickets these days.

 

* Travis Ford- Not the guy I would choose, but I see this as being the most likely candidate

 

* John Pelphrey- I love him, but again not the guy I would choose. I think he has the makings of a quality coach, but his resume doesn't parallel BCG's when he came.

 

* Sean Miller- I just don't know. Some days, I'd love to have him. Others, not so much.

JAY WRIGHT, you all are crazy to not want him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.