Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who has the best chance at becoming UK's next basketball coach?

Who will be UK's next basketball coach? 134 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be UK's next basketball coach?

    • Travis Ford
      35%
    • John Pelphrey
      19%
    • Darrin Horn
      14%
    • Anthony Grant
      2%
    • Billy Donovan
      10%
    • Pat Riley
      1%
    • Rick Pitino
      2%
    • Sean Miller
      4%
    • Other: Please list
      9%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 113
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thad..

 

Just as bad and likely worse under the spotlight. He can't even keept the Lawrence North pipeline running after Oden and Conley...

Here's the story that floated around about Barnes and UK.

 

UK was very interested in Barnes and wanted him to come up to Lexington. However, it was when #35 was going to announce he was turning pro so Barnes wanted to stay in Austin until that happened.

 

Next thing you know BCG was hired.

 

Barnes milked any conversation with UK for money. Was not going to be the next coach at UK. UK targeted BCG as the next choice after Donovan...outside search group had BCG as their top choice as well.

Jay Wright could do wonders in Lexington, IMO.

 

I think he was the search groups number two choice behind BCG.

I could live with that...

I still think BCG deserves more time...there is a reason Tubby was given a lot of money to walk...and it was not because things were grand at UK.

Many UK fans are being very irrational...regarding BCG. Does he warrant criticism? Yes..but two years is not enough to make a decision.

Came in late got Patterson...signed the 08 class, got #1 target in Orton, got Hood...

  • Author
I think he was the search groups number two choice behind BCG.

I could live with that...

I still think BCG deserves more time...there is a reason Tubby was given a lot of money to walk...and it was not because things were grand at UK.

Many UK fans are being very irrational...regarding BCG. Does he warrant criticism? Yes..but two years is not enough to make a decision.

Came in late got Patterson...signed the 08 class, got #1 target in Orton, got Hood...

 

 

I don't think anyone doubts his ability to recruit, but so far his coaching sure has many many people scratching their heads.

I don't think anyone doubts his ability to recruit, but so far his coaching sure has many many people scratching their heads.

 

:thumb:

He may..

 

No coach would ever want to come to Kentucky if they fired BGC after 2 seasons. It would be a PR nightmare.

 

I agree. Billy Clyde, while I have been critical of him this season, needs to have 1-2 more seasons to prove himself. It would be a tough sell, especially to any top notch coaches if he was let go after 2 years. I don't see him being fired and think this thread is a little premature.

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Edited by cat_fan

Why would Ford or Pelphry want the job? They are legends at UK right now. If they do not perform to the level of fan expectation, then their legend status drops quickly. Why put yourself in that pressure cooker?

 

If you can not win immediately, then you have to listen to everyone that has never coached, tell you what you should do. If you don't consistantly reach the level that the fans expect, then you will be gone.

 

Why put yourself in that pressure cooker?

Why would Ford or Pelphry want the job? They are legends at UK right now. If they do not perform to the level of fan expectation, then their legend status drops quickly. Why put yourself in that pressure cooker?

 

If you can not win immediately, then you have to listen to everyone that has never coached, tell you what you should do. If you don't consistantly reach the level that the fans expect, then you will be gone.

 

Why put yourself in that pressure cooker?

 

B/c it's one of the top 5 programs in College Basketball. If you're at Kansas, UNC, Duke, or UCLA you don't think about it. If you're anywhere else in the country you listen. If you played at UK and haven't made a name for yourself coaching you jump at the opportunity.

Jay Wright could do wonders in Lexington, IMO.

 

I love Jay Wright...

 

He would be stupid to leave where he's at though. UK has nothing to offer a big name coach anymore.

 

 

but what has he accomplished? I think BCG is here next year and everyone falls back in live w/ him, but hypothetically if the job was open Wright would be crazy to not take it. He could dominate the SEC or fight like crazy in the hardest conference in the country. If ND or Georgetown were in the SEC they would be dancing this year. As is they are NIT bound at best. UK has a lot more resources to offer him and he could be a "God" to some folks in this state and all he would have to do is convince the recruits along w/ Patterson and Meeks to give him one year. Hood would stay so it would be Orton and Villarino. They would both see an opportunity for clock so it isn't too hard to see.

Here they are sorted by current RPI. This was as of yesterday morning so last nights games aren't included.

 

Miller - RPI: 11 - 23-5 (11-3)

Ford - RPI: 27 - 20-9 (9-6)

Barnes - RPI: 35 - 20-10 (9-7)

Horn - RPI: 42 - 22-7 (11-5)

Donvan - RPI: 50 - 21-8 (8-6)

Grant - RPI: 64 - 21-9 (14-4)

Gillispie - RPI: 67 - 19-10 (9-7)

Pel - RPI: 124 - 14-13 (2-12)

:thumb:

 

 

 

Never going to happen....

 

One guy I wouldn't mind seeing, and I know I've always doubted him in the past is Sean Miller.

 

I thought that he met his demise in "Patriot Games"...........................:idunno:

I think he was the search groups number two choice behind BCG.

I could live with that...

I still think BCG deserves more time...there is a reason Tubby was given a lot of money to walk...and it was not because things were grand at UK.

Many UK fans are being very irrational...regarding BCG. Does he warrant criticism? Yes..but two years is not enough to make a decision.

Came in late got Patterson...signed the 08 class, got #1 target in Orton, got Hood...

 

And that's different from the norm in what way? :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.