Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who has the best chance at becoming UK's next basketball coach?

Who will be UK's next basketball coach? 134 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be UK's next basketball coach?

    • Travis Ford
      35%
    • John Pelphrey
      19%
    • Darrin Horn
      14%
    • Anthony Grant
      2%
    • Billy Donovan
      10%
    • Pat Riley
      1%
    • Rick Pitino
      2%
    • Sean Miller
      4%
    • Other: Please list
      9%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

A radio guy this evening suggested Jamie Dixon from Pittsburgh...

  • Replies 113
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A former UK guy.

 

 

At this point I'd have to agree. None of the big name guys are going to want to come to UK.

 

FWIW, I really have a hard time seeing UK fire Gillispie, but I will be surprised if he is still there after this season. Just have a hunch.

A radio guy this evening suggested Jamie Dixon from Pittsburgh...

 

I mentioned that to someone. Dixon would be a good coach.

Would be a terrible mistake...

 

:thumb:

 

A radio guy this evening suggested Jamie Dixon from Pittsburgh...

 

Never going to happen....

 

One guy I wouldn't mind seeing, and I know I've always doubted him in the past is Sean Miller.

At this point I'd have to agree. None of the big name guys are going to want to come to UK.

 

FWIW, I really have a hard time seeing UK fire Gillispie, but I will be surprised if he is still there after this season. Just have a hunch.

 

I really can't see him being gone after this season.

I really can't see him being gone after this season.

 

It just wont happen..

I really can't see him being gone after this season.

 

I think he didn't sign the contract for this exact reason. If he got here, and it wasn't what he expected, or the pressure was too much, he would have an easy way out. Lots of schools are going to be looking for new coaches next year, and he'd be able to go somewhere a lot less stressful.

It just wont happen..

 

I'm not saying he would be fired, or that I think he should be gone (I don't think he's the guy for the job, but he deserves more than 2 years IMO.), but that he may look elsewhere.

I'm not saying he would be fired, or that I think he should be gone (I don't think he's the guy for the job, but he deserves more than 2 years IMO.), but that he may look elsewhere.

 

He may..

 

No coach would ever want to come to Kentucky if they fired BGC after 2 seasons. It would be a PR nightmare.

Pat Summitt

He may..

 

No coach would ever want to come to Kentucky if they fired BGC after 2 seasons. It would be a PR nightmare.

 

 

That's why it would have to be a KY guy. Ford or Pelphrey would be the only 2 options.

He may..

 

No coach would ever want to come to Kentucky if they fired BGC after 2 seasons. It would be a PR nightmare.

 

Thats why I think Kentucky is between a rock and a hard place.

A radio guy this evening suggested Jamie Dixon from Pittsburgh...

 

Never going to happen....

 

One guy I wouldn't mind seeing, and I know I've always doubted him in the past is Sean Miller.

 

I didn't necessarily say (or think) it would happen. He is somebody that might be approachable, however.

 

Honestly, there aren't that many "movable" big names right now. And all of these "Kentucky boys" are way too far away from being ready for this fishbowl. Travis Ford? Lifetime 0-1 in the dance. Successful in the NIT, though. John Pelphrey? Two good years (one at USA, one at Arkansas) have shrouded four pretty poor head coaching seasons. Darrin Horn? He's not even a UK guy!

I didn't necessarily say (or think) it would happen. He is somebody that might be approachable, however.

 

Honestly, there aren't that many "movable" big names right now. And all of these "Kentucky boys" are way too far away from being ready for this fishbowl. Travis Ford? Lifetime 0-1 in the dance. Successful in the NIT, though. John Pelphrey? Two good years (one at USA, one at Arkansas) have shrouded four pretty poor head coaching seasons. Darrin Horn? He's not even a UK guy!

 

Horn is a KY guy. He's from here. Ford is doing a heck of a job at OKState, but I do agree none are really "great" coaches. UK made their bed with how Tubby was treated, and are having to lie in it now.

Horn is a KY guy. He's from here. Ford is doing a heck of a job at OKState, but I do agree none are really "great" coaches. UK made their bed with how Tubby was treated, and are having to lie in it now.

 

Horn is a Kentucky guy, but not a UK guy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.