Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who has the best chance at becoming UK's next basketball coach?

Who will be UK's next basketball coach? 134 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be UK's next basketball coach?

    • Travis Ford
      35%
    • John Pelphrey
      19%
    • Darrin Horn
      14%
    • Anthony Grant
      2%
    • Billy Donovan
      10%
    • Pat Riley
      1%
    • Rick Pitino
      2%
    • Sean Miller
      4%
    • Other: Please list
      9%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

If their was vacancy, my first choice would be Mark Few from Gonzaga, and my 2nd choice John Caliperi from Memphis, and third choice Travis Ford from Oklahoma State.

  • Replies 113
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Horn is a great basketball coach, he would be my choice.

 

See post #40.

Would be a terrible mistake...

 

Why, he has had one violation in his career. It happens to many coaches and nothing else has come out of it. Bob Stoops had a similair violation and I guarantee many of you would like to see him coach at UK or Louisville. I don't care about the World Wide Wes crap either. If it was as big of a deal as some make it out to be, Memphis and Calipari would be on probation.

 

Calipari recruits great, his teams play an up-tempo, exciting style of basketball and something else he does pretty darn well: Win.

I'd have a field day with WWW in Lexington. Would be awesome... :lol:

Calipari recruits great, his teams play an up-tempo, exciting style of basketball and something else he does pretty darn well: Win.

 

In a terrible conference...

 

Didn't BCG win before getting to UK.. :idunno:

In a terrible conference...

 

Didn't BCG win before getting to UK.. :idunno:

 

To be fair, he was doing pretty darned good before the conference got gutted.

 

I think I'm like GT in that I would get a kick out of seeing him at Lex. It would give me a new reason to dislike the 'Cats. Plus, it would be just like the old-timey crooked ways UK is so famous for.

To be fair, he was doing pretty darned good before the conference got gutted.

 

I think I'm like GT in that I would get a kick out of seeing him at Lex. It would give me a new reason to dislike the 'Cats. Plus, it would be just like the old-timey crooked ways UK is so famous for.

 

Its been 20 years without anything going wrong for UK in basketball. I was 3 years old the last time UK got in trouble. Heck the last time UK got in trouble a lot of the current players weren't even born yet. I would recommend letting it go. (Have you seen the current roster? If we were doing anything wrong to get good players we have really fail on our face :lol:)

  • Author
Dick Fick

 

 

He's dead.

Do whatever it takes to get Rick Pitino back. We will never be happy until they do.......Guess we will never be happy.

BCG was never the right pick for UK. I think that s evident now and will continue to be glaringly evident when

 

a.)UK doesn't make the tourney this year

b.)loses yet another season opening game at home to a team that had a losing record the year before

c.)begins to lose recruits and transfers at a never before seen rate

d.)fans quit going to the games

 

Whether BCG stays or goes this year, this once proud program is rapidly declining and I blame Tubby's exit and BCG's entrance as the culprits. BCG has no clue as to what he is doing after he get the recruits and the players are starting to catch on now also. The fact that UK will need to be restored to glory will make this an attractive job for a coach with an ego. I think regardless of when BCG leaves, whether it will be this year or next or whenever, the fact that the program will be looking for someone to bring back the glory days will make it easier for UK to get the right guy in here. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Billy Donovan come to UK, especially since he is officially second banana at UF. Fire BCG today and offer Billy D the job. I bet he would be here to coach against UF on Sunday.

I think most people are being too hard on Gillispie. Has he messed up some? Yes he has. But I am convinced he did a great job last year with what he had considering all the injuries. There is no doubt that Crawford and Bradley improved tremendously last year. I thought he did a fine job. This year Gillispie hasn't done so well. A lot of that IMO can be blamed on the roster and all the holes and weaknesses in it. At the same time you just can't lose to VMI and a Georgia whos been really bad this year. What goes on on the court is what I am worried about, but even though I don't care about it that much hes been pretty poor in that deptartment.

 

All that being said, if Patterson and Meeks were to turn pro I have a hard time seeing him making it past next season. I hope I am wrong.

In a terrible conference...

 

Didn't BCG win before getting to UK.. :idunno:

 

Yeah, they play in a bad conference but they play some pretty good out of conference teams. Ever heard of these schools being good?: Xavier, Syracuse, Georgetown, Tennessee and Gonzaga this season.

 

Last season: Oklahoma, UConn, USC, Georgetown, Arizona, Gonzaga and Tennessee.

 

So Calipari attempts to make up for playing in a weak conference by scheduling as tough as a non conference schedule as anybody. And another thing: Memphis has been a #1 seed a few times here lately haven't they? I think they may have made the National Title game and been ranked #1 for most of the season last year.

 

I know they play in the Conference USA, but it didnt seem to bother them when they beat Michigan State, Mississippi State, Texas and UCLA last March, and was 2 minutes away from a National title.

 

And IMO Memphis would have won just about any of the six BCS conferences the last 3 or 4 years.

I'd have a field day with WWW in Lexington. Would be awesome... :lol:

 

I don't see the big deal, I read the article about him and if he is that big of a scoundrel-like you put him on to be-then he and John Calipari would be in some trouble, don't you think?

I don't think anyone doubts his ability to recruit, but so far his coaching sure has many many people scratching their heads.

 

Maybe he could be top asst. and be in charge on recruiting and let someone else coach'em.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.