Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who has the best chance at becoming UK's next basketball coach?

Who will be UK's next basketball coach? 134 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be UK's next basketball coach?

    • Travis Ford
      35%
    • John Pelphrey
      19%
    • Darrin Horn
      14%
    • Anthony Grant
      2%
    • Billy Donovan
      10%
    • Pat Riley
      1%
    • Rick Pitino
      2%
    • Sean Miller
      4%
    • Other: Please list
      9%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 113
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is 0% chance that UK fires Billy after this season.

 

Agreed. And I don't think they should. I firmly believe in the five-year plan for coaches, although I'd like to see a little forward momentum.

  • Author
There is 0% chance that UK fires Billy after this season.

 

 

I agree 100 %, but I wouldn't bet against him leaving on his own.

I agree 100 %, but I wouldn't bet against him leaving on his own.

 

I hope he doesn't, but if he does, so be it.

I hope he doesn't, but if he does, so be it.

 

It'll have a disasterous affect on the program IMO. I hope it doesn't happen, but I just have a feeling he won't be there.

Jay Wright could do wonders in Lexington, IMO.

Jay Wright could do wonders in Lexington, IMO.

 

He would be stupid to leave where he's at though. UK has nothing to offer a big name coach anymore.

He would be stupid to leave where he's at though. UK has nothing to offer a big name coach anymore.

 

That is really not true at all. They have $$$ to offer, great facilities, and a very large fan base. The program is certainly in a bad state right now, but it is still a very, very good job.

That is really not true at all. They have $$$ to offer, great facilities, and a very large fan base. The program is certainly in a bad state right now, but it is still a very, very good job.

 

And what should always be a winnable league where you can go 25-5 each season and be a 1-4 seed in the tournament. Not every season, maybe, but you can do the above often at Kentucky.

Horn is a KY guy. He's from here. Ford is doing a heck of a job at OKState, but I do agree none are really "great" coaches. UK made their bed with how Tubby was treated, and are having to lie in it now.

 

Horn is a Kentucky guy, but not a UK guy.

 

I'm betting Horn may even still hold a grudge over UK not signing him way back in his playing days.

Jay Wright could do wonders in Lexington, IMO.

 

I would LOVE to see him at U.K., imo Jay Wright is a great coach. I would love to see Barnhart go after him and as in the Godfather... "make him an offer he couldn't refuse". Go after him and pay the man, pay him BIG time (like A.L. said Bama did to get Saban).

I got it!!!!

 

 

HOOPBOY!!! :popcorn::popcorn:

 

 

 

 

(j/k hoop:D, just had to :thumb:)

Horn is a KY guy. He's from here. Ford is doing a heck of a job at OKState, but I do agree none are really "great" coaches. UK made their bed with how Tubby was treated, and are having to lie in it now.

 

I agree, and as for ther bolded I said that same thing to a friend just the other day, a "top" coach just may think twice before coming.

I don't even want to think about another coaching chance. Billy G isn't going anywhere.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.