Ashland 47 Lewis County 32

Congrats to the Ashland Kittens. Let me say that the following had nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but anybody that complained to get the officials switched needs to reconsider. Ten minutes into the second half and only 4 fouls on both teams put together were called, you talk about letting them play. Why not just save the gas and keep our officials close to the house?

Congrats to the Ashland Kittens. Let me say that the following had nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but anybody that complained to get the officials switched needs to reconsider. Ten minutes into the second half and only 4 fouls on both teams put together were called, you talk about letting them play. Why not just save the gas and keep our officials close to the house?

Did the coaches vote to switch officials? I don't like it, what about the officials, I could not imagine that the refs wanted to do all that traveling!!!

Did the coaches vote to switch officials? I don't like it, what about the officials, I could not imagine that the refs wanted to do all that traveling!!!

It is my understanding that the officials would rather go out of region....too many officials end up scratched after a coach has a bad night in the regional tournament. When the season ends somebody has to take the blame. Plus they dont live/work in those communities so they dont have to hear about it long after it is over.

I can see both sides, but I would think a coach would want some consistency with what they had all season. Once again refs had no factor in the outcome of this game. Wilcox hit some big 3's in first half and post players wore the Lions down in the second half.

I actually prefer having out of region refs because, lets face it, the 16th region refs leave a lot to be desired. Out of region refs are likely to be unbiased and even the "bad" refs call it equally bad on each side. Its nice to see a ref squad that allows the girls to play. I thought that the 9th region refs did a good job.

I can see both sides, but I would think a coach would want some consistency with what they had all season. Once again refs had no factor in the outcome of this game. Wilcox hit some big 3's in first half and post players wore the Lions down in the second half.

If the refs are consistent, you could argue that a coach can have his team adjust. If you have no depth this can be a problem as well as game plan preparation, however.

I believe it is a double edged sword but, I still prefer the switch.

I actually prefer having out of region refs because, lets face it, the 16th region refs leave a lot to be desired. Out of region refs are likely to be unbiased and even the "bad" refs call it equally bad on each side. Its nice to see a ref squad that allows the girls to play. I thought that the 9th region refs did a good job.

Isn't it strange how 2 people can see the same game and come to two totally different conclusions? Everybody benefits by switching, just as was mentioned in another post. The refs like it because they can call their game and go home, and the coaches like it because they know the officials aren't biased because they don't know anyone involved in the game.